Aberdeen v St Mirren 6 August 2020

Rascal

Well, the ticket office did call back, on Friday afternoon while I was tied up, but they did call. Twice.

I phoned today, bought the tickets and should receive them in plenty time for the match.

Postage, £3 or £8 !! Frightening.

Only two tickets as my son and his friends couldn’t confirm til the end of the week - too late to get tickets mailed.

Not expecting a result but hoping for a good performance and perhaps even a goal or two !

From what I saw of the Celtic match Dons looked good going forward, with slick fast passing but still look vulnerable at the back. I’d like to see us start with Main partnering Ayunga up front.

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Well, the ticket office did call back, on Friday afternoon while I was tied up, but they did call. Twice.

I phoned today, bought the tickets and should receive them in plenty time for the match.

Postage, £3 or £8 !! Frightening.

Only two tickets as my son and his friends couldn’t confirm til the end of the week - too late to get tickets mailed.

Not expecting a result but hoping for a good performance and perhaps even a goal or two !

From what I saw of the Celtic match Dons looked good going forward, with slick fast passing but still look vulnerable at the back. I’d like to see us start with Main partnering Ayunga up front.

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something serious wrong with Scottish football when some fans now need to know days before the game if they can go.

What ever is wrong with away fans waking up on a Sat morning and deciding to go to a game that had hundreds if not thousands of empty seats.  

The Dons and Dundee sell to home fans on the day so why not away fans ?

The cost of someone selling to away fans is less than the price of 1 fan ticket. 

Thistle fans couldn't even pay at the game against Dundee last week, a championship game FFS

We may not get everything right at our club, but at least we do this right. 

My brother picked up my tickets for me - I was gobsmacked when I couldn't get them on Sunday before the game. I agree that some ticketing arrangements are so stuck in the past that it is unbelievable - huge amount of frustration for everyone.

Anyway - it's my son's first top flight away game and my visit to Pittodrie for over 30 years. We've got a two night stay sorted and some sightseeing booked in to take the edge off a likely gubbing 🤣

6 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

My brother picked up my tickets for me - I was gobsmacked when I couldn't get them on Sunday before the game. I agree that some ticketing arrangements are so stuck in the past that it is unbelievable - huge amount of frustration for everyone.

Anyway - it's my son's first top flight away game and my visit to Pittodrie for over 30 years. We've got a two night stay sorted and some sightseeing booked in to take the edge off a likely gubbing 🤣

Ticketing arrangements are beyond belief. Enjoy your trip and who knows - we might get a good result!

15 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Big shout out for the folks in our ticket office - I phoned back on Tuesday afternoon, bought two tickets and they arrived the next day.

See you at Pittodrie !

COYS !!

AA46680D-14E5-493E-901D-C076821F4916.jpeg

It’s not the people Turra - they are always helpful and efficient

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Big shout out for the folks in our ticket office - I phoned back on Tuesday afternoon, bought two tickets and they arrived the next day.

See you at Pittodrie !

COYS !!

Better watch someone doesn’t take a hi resolution capture of your QR codes and use it before you do.

Might be worth removing your image.

18 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

See you at Pittodrie !

COYS !!

AA46680D-14E5-493E-901D-C076821F4916.jpeg

Thanks for your QR codes buddie. 🤣 Enjoy the game.

Thrilled for United but depressing to see this club rebuild from adversty...flair pace  great crowd and as we know a good manager... i can live in hope one day we will be there... took me back to us mid 80s...onto this match..  might get a goal but at best 1 each... but both teams are shite

Edited by DougJamie

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thrilled for United but depressing to see this club rebuild from adversty...flair pace  great crowd and as we know a good manager... i can live in hope one day we will be there... took me back to us mid 80s...onto this match..  might get a goal but at best 1 each... but both teams are shite

Thrilled for United?

I hope they get absolutely scudded in the away leg and AZ take 4 or 5 of them.

6 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Thrilled for United?

I hope they get absolutely scudded in the away leg and AZ take 4 or 5 of them.

Indeed.

Last thing we need is a confident rival who has earned a significant amount of money by qualifying for the next round.

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

A millionaire sugar daddy willing to absorb a £2.5 million loss helps 🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

A millionaire sugar daddy willing to absorb a £2.5 million loss helps 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure the 15,000 supporters on Thursday night were really worried about that. 

Come to think of it, I seriously doubt our support would be crying if we were in a European competition and had just beaten a team with a decent pedigree. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I can see a draw, 2 flares each. :wink:

I'd be mindful of the locals flares- the fishing variety are not to be f'd with.

I speak from experience- Morton at Cappielow circa 1987 ?