Aberdeen v St Mirren 6 August 2020

Rascal

Already a big game next week right enough, they have lost twice but against two of the top three from last season.
Impossible to say how it'll go TBH, won't be pretty. 
According to radio last week (never got round to watching Sportscene) Ross County pumped Hearts first half and to quote the reporter their winger Edwards will terrorise defences this season) today they just went to 85 minutes against Celtic before losing.

We look like the whipping boys this season and we have all watched this movie before it only gets (slightly better) when Robinson goes imo.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Motherwell were garbage last week and got beat today at home by the Fakes. We are in a mini league with them Killie, Livi and maybe RC. Think we'll be ok.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree these teams will probably be in the mix at the bottom with us but, and I'm certainly not joining in with the current trend of doom and gloom, it's heads or tails if we will be ok.

Fingers crossed and all that. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What pisses me off is players being booked for accidentally hand ball in the box, where if it was outside only a foul would be given. 

If it was deliberately then yes a booking.

Wish we could go back 30/40 years where referees were allowed to use their own commonsense.

Fans and media have caused the mess we have now

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

A wee bit of perspective here. Aberdeen have pulled in £11m according to the Press and Journal and have spent over £2m in players. We have spent a token amount on Olusanya and the rest are free transfers. Yes, I am disappointed in the result but the early penalty and sending off changed the game. We played well last week against Motherwell and held our own second half today with 10 men. We still need another defensive midfielder in my opinion but it was always going to be difficult today. At least Killie, RC and Well all got beat. Those are the teams we need to beat.

Does the wee bit of perspective stretch to us not being able to beat Part time Airdrie who spent  10 /6d on a bunch of part time players and played us off the pitch  or losing to Arbroath who had guys playing who’d emptied bins & delivered letters all week before beating us ? 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t expect us to beat Aberdeen , it’s a very hard place to go and many teams will fall there this season but if we are to say we got beat because they have a bigger budget - surely it cuts both ways as I pointed out ?

Your final sentence regarding teams we need to beat ?   We’ve already failed on 1/3rd of that challenge .  

11 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Wish we could go back 30/40 years where referees were allowed to use their own commonsense.

Fans and media have caused the mess we have now

Sadly when i go back 30/40 years ago, i can only remember refs shafting us in cup games when playing the bigots   :rolleyes:

Does the wee bit of perspective stretch to us not being able to beat Part time Airdrie who spent  10 /6d on a bunch of part time players and played us off the pitch  or losing to Arbroath who had guys playing who’d emptied bins & delivered letters all week before beating us ? [emoji2369]

I didn’t expect us to beat Aberdeen , it’s a very hard place to go and many teams will fall there this season but if we are to say we got beat because they have a bigger budget - surely it cuts both ways as I pointed out ?
Your final sentence regarding teams we need to beat ?   We’ve already failed on 1/3rd of that challenge .  
Since this is the Aberdeen thread I was refering to Aberdeen but with regards Airdrie once again we played most of the game with 10 men and had several players unavailable and a couple taken off injured. And we were by far the better team last week although we got beat. I'll wait until we have played the teams in our wee league before deciding if we are shite or not. But go for it if you think 2 games is enough to write us off.

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sadly when i go back 30/40 years ago, i can only remember refs shafting us in cup games when playing the bigots   :rolleyes:

True but we didn't have yellow cards for a ball blasted at your hand from a foot away or players have challenge with their hands behind their back.

The pen awarded against Rangers in CL during the week summed it all up for me

That Rangers semi decision will never be forgotten 😁

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Since this is the Aberdeen thread I was refering to Aberdeen but with regards Airdrie once again we played most of the game with 10 men and had several players unavailable and a couple taken off injured. And we were by far the better team last week although we got beat. I'll wait until we have played the teams in our wee league before deciding if we are shite or not. But go for it if you think 2 games is enough to write us off.

Ok....reality check.... AIRDRIE...FFS Behave.... football is all about mindset confidence and then ability.... how do you think the camp is since this disaster walked in...by all means if the club wants wins ..6k plus and a much smaller budget stick with SR.. no 2 stands to Uglies... no 7 nil defeats and more than 3 home wins...go on SR get us down ....ur certainly hitting all the right notes..  

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

It’s the Aberdeen thread yet you brought Ross county , Well & Killie into it. 🤷‍♂️

im certainly not writing us off but I’m certainly not overflowing with confidence on the basis of what I’ve seen of this seasons crop of players, tactics and performances . 

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It’s the Aberdeen thread yet you brought Ross county , Well & Killie into it. 🤷‍♂️

im certainly not writing us off but I’m certainly not overflowing with confidence on the basis of what I’ve seen of this seasons crop of players, tactics and performances . 

Just in from match. Good day out spoiled by a brick hitting the bus window then being very thoroughly frisked by a very large black chap who had NO legal right to do so other than ; you will not get in unless I do this: I wish clubs would be honest and just say we do not want away supporters. Oh also we were  absolutely pish. Manager has no idea.

41 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Its going to be a long slog as usual. Let's face it really, we wouldn't have it any other way being saints fans!!

As for the crap players I'm not being funny but we aren't going to have a great pick of 'better players but may sometimes find a rare gem amongst the load that released elsewhere. What doesn't help is we don't have players of value that can provide club with the finances to increase budgets.

Tactics and performance, well we still don't have the players capable of the wingback play. Never have never will.

Stick to something sensible like 442.

And keep hands away from sight when in own penalty area😉

3 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Its going to be a long slog as usual. Let's face it really, we wouldn't have it any other way being saints fans!!

As for the crap players I'm not being funny but we aren't going to have a great pick of 'better players but may sometimes find a rare gem amongst the load that released elsewhere. What doesn't help is we don't have players of value that can provide club with the finances to increase budgets.

Tactics and performance, well we still don't have the players capable of the wingback play. Never have never will.

Stick to something sensible like 442.

And keep hands away from sight when in own penalty area😉

Absolutely agree that our inability to harness real talent whilst remaining in the box seat whilst controlling their contract situation is really hurting us and definitely depletes our finances every year- we have big earners on 3 Yr deals yet some of our other talent is walking out the door for buttons or less..

That is something that has happened over a sustained period of time and definitely requires addressing  

27 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Let's face it having great keepers over  the past seasons have saved us from relegation  ,it will not this season

We have been blessed in that area. I understand that Carson made one mistake but otherwise made some good saves. Give him time.

9 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Carson shouted for his defenders to leave the ball (heard it clearly) in the moments prior to the move for the second goal - if they listen/comply that goal doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the mistake then. Did he make good saves during the game?