Aberdeen v St Mirren 6 August 2020

Rascal

That was the mistake then. Did he make good saves during the game?

Couple of good ones in second half. Point being whilst he may have been at fault for second goal just prior to that he clearly shouted for defenders to leave the ball.

Heard guys in the toilet slating him - feel a bit sorry for him actually.

Not seen the Gallagher ‘handball’ back yet on TV. Game was done after that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Couple of good ones in second half. Point being whilst he may have been at fault for second goal just prior to that he clearly shouted for defenders to leave the ball.

Heard guys in the toilet slating him - feel a bit sorry for him actually.

Not seen the Gallagher ‘handball’ back yet on TV. Game was done after that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Richard Buddie

1 hour ago, antrin said:

There were 4 that he could have made… :unsure:

If he had attacked that second goal ball, that second goal may never have happened.

Agree about that one, but the reason we never had a chance today was down to Gallagher. I'm sure he'll regret that performance. 

3 hours ago, guinness said:

Just in from match. Good day out spoiled by a brick hitting the bus window then being very thoroughly frisked by a very large black chap who had NO legal right to do so other than ; you will not get in unless I do this: I wish clubs would be honest and just say we do not want away supporters. Oh also we were  absolutely pish. Manager has no idea.

Hope everybody on the bus was ok. Not sure you needed to mention the big chaps colour though?

6 hours ago, munoz said:

Agree about that one, but the reason we never had a chance today was down to Gallagher. I'm sure he'll regret that performance. 

100%, game changing when he, needlessly, brough the Aberdeen player down, so bad the guy was carted off.

No doubt the handball/penalty was harsh, but if he hadn't lost the plot then it would still have been a stupid refereeing decision but we would have had 11 men on the park. 

Think most of us were not expecting to take anything from Aberdeen yesterday. Goodwin looks to be building an exciting team there. We know he has an eye for a player and money to burn and he’s gaining more experience as he goes. They’ll give a few teams a doing this season. 
Gallagher made sure that we were taking  nothing from the game. I had a bad feeling about him going back up there as the Dons fans hate him. His tackle on Coulson was poor and although he was a bit unlucky with the pen he did dive to block it. He showed us what he can do when he was brilliant against Well but he does have an issue with decision making like big Joe did with us initially. Hopefully it’s just a blip and he kicks on like Shaughnessy has. 
Poor performance yesterday and not Robinson’s fault that we went down to 10 and still early doors in the league but if we fall to another defeat against a decent County side the pressure will be on Robinson, with the disgraceful showing in the league cup too.
Makes the Motherwell mugging even more frustrating. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

100%, game changing when he, needlessly, brough the Aberdeen player down, so bad the guy was carted off.

No doubt the handball/penalty was harsh, but if he hadn't lost the plot then it would still have been a stupid refereeing decision but we would have had 11 men on the park. 

Gallagher was hung out to dry by the player who didn't track Coulson's run. From memory, if he hadn't tackled him, then Coulson has a clear run into the box.

It was a very poor tackle though.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So bad he walked off.

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Agree these teams will probably be in the mix at the bottom with us but, and I'm certainly not joining in with the current trend of doom and gloom, it's heads or tails if we will be ok.

Fingers crossed and all that. 

Couldn’t agree more, we’re only 2 games in.

As I have remarked previously Goodwin was on a horrendous streak before we picked up at the start of this year.

There needs to be a realistic expectation for a team which flirts with relegation most seasons with some exceptions.

55 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Gallagher was hung out to dry by the player who didn't track Coulson's run. From memory, if he hadn't tackled him, then Coulson has a clear run into the box.

It was a very poor tackle though.

Erhahon did let his man go but it was a silly tackle , there was sufficient cover at the back , Shaughnessy was already tracking towards Coulson .  Naive defending from Gallagher , puts him in a precarious position for the rest of the game.

47 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Couldn’t agree more, we’re only 2 games in.

As I have remarked previously Goodwin was on a horrendous streak before we picked up at the start of this year.

There needs to be a realistic expectation for a team which flirts with relegation most seasons with some exceptions.

Like Livingston? Above is every season on a lesser budget. Already had two top six appearances. Why shouldn’t we be aiming to be comfortable. 

Let’s just say whilst I am

not calling for a change the performances in the league cup shocked me. I believe we had to hit the ground running following a poor second half to last season. What followed was a shambles and some even saying it’s a diddy cup. Well it’s one of only two competitions we can ever win. The league has started badly to and the last three weeks in August already look crucial if we are to have a chance. It took Tommy Craig until the third week in September to win a game and look how that ended up. With this in mind I’d imagine we will draw next Saturday as it’s a game we must win but at home how many games do we ever win??? 

Much as I said we're in for a shit season yesterday I do think we'll be able to survive, my comment was because I fear we'll score points in less games than last season, what it'll depend on is whether in the games we do gain points they are victories rather than draws but to achieve that we're going to have to cut the errors out pretty quickly and Ross County won't be an easy game by any means.

Understandably many expect the manager to motivate the players in providing a better performance but there is a responsibility which lies with the players in motivating themselves within a professional context.  When our player was sent off there should have been a 10% increased effort by the players to compensate for our loss but looking at the game there was a 10% reduction in effort.  On the pitch the captain has a role to motivate them but individually they should recognise that they have to fight harder which they just didn't do.

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Let’s just say whilst I am

not calling for a change the performances in the league cup shocked me. I believe we had to hit the ground running following a poor second half to last season. What followed was a shambles and some even saying it’s a diddy cup. Well it’s one of only two competitions we can ever win. The league has started badly to and the last three weeks in August already look crucial if we are to have a chance. It took Tommy Craig until the third week in September to win a game and look how that ended up. With this in mind I’d imagine we will draw next Saturday as it’s a game we must win but at home how many games do we ever win??? 

So we should finish above Livingston despite not being able to win at home.

This really feeds into what I’ve been saying. We need to be clear that good form and consistent winning streaks are like hen’s teeth.

Notwithstanding a decent run just before Goodwin went that’s the way it normally is.

I’m not ignoring the League Cup debacle which is an opportunity squandered.

19 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Much as I said we're in for a shit season yesterday I do think we'll be able to survive, my comment was because I fear we'll score points in less games than last season, what it'll depend on is whether in the games we do gain points they are victories rather than draws but to achieve that we're going to have to cut the errors out pretty quickly and Ross County won't be an easy game by any means.

I think you are right and suggested this on the forum recently. His time at well and that of Alexander followed that pattern whereas we were the draw kings.