Aberdeen v St Mirren 6 August 2020

Rascal

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Then how do you justify asking for him to go? 

I don't think he has the ability to take this team forward, he mentioned

his mission is to make us top six, from what I have seen whilst he has

been in charge we have no hope of this at all. Under Stephen Robinson

I think we will struggle every week, therefore we need to make a change

to stop relegation.

3 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

I don't think he has the ability to take this team forward, he mentioned

his mission is to make us top six, from what I have seen whilst he has

been in charge we have no hope of this at all. Under Stephen Robinson

I think we will struggle every week, therefore we need to make a change

to stop relegation.

Just checked his stats (found my anorak) Best managerial spell as at Motherwell 40% plus win ratio, with us until end July about 27%

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Robinson_(footballer)

Edited by Rascal

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

BBC pundits making the point we were the only team to lose comfortably this afternoon.

With a run like this I don't see our fortunes changing next week against Ross County.

And then it's squeaky bum time after just 3 league games.

Already a big game next week right enough, they have lost twice but against two of the top three from last season.

Impossible to say how it'll go TBH, won't be pretty. 

Just now, elvis said:

Another lose coming up next week County will score plenty and we will score zero.f**k knows where or when our First win is coming from but I do know it's going to be a very long time coming.

I fell better now after your prediction Elvis. Thanks

I struggle to see why Robinson is being shafted for Gallagher getting himself stupidly red carded and conceding a spot kick after only 23 minutes. Pittodrie is a hard ace to get a result at the  best of times. 

Merlin the F**king Magician couldn't have turned the game in our favour after that happened , so why is Robinson getting such a doing on here ?

Just now, exiledfan said:

Big Duncan Ferguson in sky sports wants his own gig as a manager, I know we can't afford likes of him but that's the type we need. Passion and ambition. 

And a big B to boot backsides when needed.

Just now, Wilbur said:

I struggle to see why Robinson is being shafted for Gallagher getting himself stupidly red carded and conceding a spot kick after only 23 minutes. Pittodrie is a hard ace to get a result at the  best of times. 

Merlin the F**king Magician couldn't have turned the game in our favour after that happened , so why is Robinson getting such a doing on here ?

Par for the course by the usual suspects

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

he was not capable of changing tactics to keep the score down

Having decided to go for pub grub with the wife, i was reading the BBC for info.

Seem we were unlucky with a header off the line, mins later player booked.

Mins later again. player off and pen. 

Decided at that point to stay in pub instead of going home to watch the 2nd half. 

Being a saint fan just seems to get harder and harder every year  :(

2 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

he was not capable of changing tactics to keep the score down

To be fair Renfrew, we were 3 behind at half time but only 1 in the second half and did manage a goal so we lost the first half but drew the second. Just saying

A wee bit of perspective here. Aberdeen have pulled in £11m according to the Press and Journal and have spent over £2m in players. We have spent a token amount on Olusanya and the rest are free transfers. Yes, I am disappointed in the result but the early penalty and sending off changed the game. We played well last week against Motherwell and held our own second half today with 10 men. We still need another defensive midfielder in my opinion but it was always going to be difficult today. At least Killie, RC and Well all got beat. Those are the teams we need to beat.

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Because thats what football fans do. Next week more of a marker for Robinson. 

With the money Aberdeen have banked and the level of recruitment they have been able to make today was hardly a surprise when down to 10.

We are not getting many breaks either.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

A wee bit of perspective here. Aberdeen have pulled in £11m according to the Press and Journal and have spent over £2m in players. We have spent a token amount on Olusanya and the rest are free transfers. Yes, I am disappointed in the result but the early penalty and sending off changed the game. We played well last week against Motherwell and held our own second half today with 10 men. We still need another defensive midfielder in my opinion but it was always going to be difficult today. At least Killie, RC and Well all got beat. Those are the teams we need to beat.

Perspective !! Why would you want to do that. Easier to sound off a pile of p1sh

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Because thats what football fans do. Next week more of a marker for Robinson. 

With the money Aberdeen have banked and the level of recruitment they have been able to make today was hardly a surprise when down to 10.

We are not getting many breaks either.

Went behind in each game to a Penalty for handball