Redundancies at the Academy

We could owe £1m due to the Scot Gov interest free loan. As long as we still have that money (apparently we took it, but didn't really need it) and didn't splurge it on something else, then everything is fine.
I don't believe we didn't need it as the last set of accounts don't show we have a large bank balance. So yes we are in debt to the tune of £1m probably having to pay 1 first team player wages to cover it.

When we did have cash in the bank it was invested and we made a loss.

I'm not that worried if we stay in the spfl but if we drop down to the championship then that's the time to worry as SMISA never had a business model when they took over and I very much doubt they have a business model for reduced income. Reduced season ticket, reduced sponsorship etc. Then we ask where the £50 odd k is going to come from

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, gorgo said:

I don't believe we didn't need it as the last set of accounts don't show we have a large bank balance. So yes we are in debt to the tune of £1m probably having to pay 1 first team player wages to cover it.

I'm not that worried if we stay in the spfl but if we drop down to the championship then that's the time to worry as SMISA never had a business model when they took over and I very much doubt they have a business model for reduced income. Reduced season ticket, reduced sponsorship etc. Then we ask where the £50 odd k is going to come from

For clarification are you suggesting that the "Club Board" have no contingency plan for relegation or are you suggesting that the funds won't be within SMiSA (maybe due to reduced interest and therefore no longer contributing to SMiSA) to be able to buy-out Kibble if and when that becomes a decided path??

Edited by WeeBud

Not having a large bank balance doesn't mean we needed the money, why would you even think that?

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

@Slarti is Just absolutely obsessed over this. It’s been years & he still can’t get over me calling him out on his pedantic nature. 

One fact I could use, he’s factually incapable of just letting it go… 

Alright Elsa!

AC9A5C18-6E9D-41EB-8F87-71876F6FF25C.thumb.jpeg.20e2f8c9280212880c5d95fe3bef800e.jpeg

47 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You REALLY can't see the irony here, I don't know how you get through a day without hurting yourself, something missing. :lol:

Nope, I can't see it. 

I have never claimed a want to ignore him or anyone else on this forum, that's the difference. I will respond and engage with people when I want, as long as they keep quoting/ mentioning me. If anyone doesn't want my attention, they just have to stop doing that & I will leave them to it. He hasn't been able to for years now. 

I thought this was incredibly simple to grasp, seems you still haven't been able to... 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Nope, I can't see it. 

I have never claimed a want to ignore him or anyone else on this forum, that's the difference. I will respond and engage with people when I want, as long as they keep quoting/ mentioning me. If anyone doesn't want my attention, they just have to stop doing that & I will leave them to it. He hasn't been able to for years now. 

I thought this was incredibly simple to grasp, seems you still haven't been able to... 

Jeezo, almost the same post you produce time after time.

I'm out, you're the forums version of halitosis. :byebye

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, almost the same post you produce time after time.

I'm out, you're the forums version of halitosis. :byebye

And by now I'd have thought you would understand. It's hardly a difficult premise to grasp. 

If a person doesn't want to talk to me... Don't quote/ mention me = don't get a quote/ mention from me :hammer

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

By any chance…is there any more news on redundancies at the Academy?

56 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Haha, fair question 👍

And as you obviously DON’T know the answer to the question AND Rascal never mentioned your name, I think you're duty bound to cease posting and f**k off.

Your “rules”: is that not how it works?   :)

And as you obviously DON’T know the answer to the question AND Rascal never mentioned your name, I think you're duty bound to cease posting and f**k off.

Your “rules”: is that not how it works?   [emoji4]
He thinks that if I mention Hitler then I want old Adolf to post from his South American hideaway in reply. He can't tell the difference between talking "about" someone and taking "to" someone.

He's right though, it's been years - and he still doesn't know the meaning of "fact". [emoji1787] It's a fact that I was talking about him (in a jokey pass remarkable way) and a fact that I wasn't talking to him. It's also a fact that I wasn't trying to get his attention and a fact that I'm not surprised that he can't let go of someone correcting his misuse of a word, even after years. All he'd have to do is accept that he "misspoke" and I would stop mentioning it - or maybe I wouldn't, cause it would still be funny. [emoji16]

Anyway, can you all do me a favour and stop quoting to attention seeking wee imbecile. Thanks in advance (except to those who will now make a point of quoting him).

2 hours ago, antrin said:

I very much doubt it! Add obsessiveness to pedantry and throw in an outsize ego and rules are for others.

But - I still don’t know if there is any additional news. Just answering seems to be difficult.

Edited by Rascal

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

And by now I'd have thought you would understand. It's hardly a difficult premise to grasp. 

If a person doesn't want to talk to me... Don't quote/ mention me = don't get a quote/ mention from me :hammer

To be fair Bazil there have been times where no one has mentioned you directly by name or quoted you and you have leaped in all guns blazing making it all about you. No doubt you will disagree and find a way to argue. It is your modus operandi.

Getting this back on topic.

Have you @bazil85 heard that our club chairman said at the last public meeting that the club was running at a 7 figure loss last accounting period?

Scary stuff eh? Unless 7 figures is only £30,000.00!

You have hopefully some knowledge to share about that.

15 hours ago, antrin said:

You obviously haven’t understood that I did not say I would stop posting on all topics. 

If any individual doesn’t want to engage with me they just have to say then stop quoting/ mentioning me. I’ll still post on topics I want but leave the individual to it. Again, very simple 👍

Edited by bazil85