Redundancies at the Academy

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

To be fair Bazil there have been times where no one has mentioned you directly by name or quoted you and you have leaped in all guns blazing making it all about you. No doubt you will disagree and find a way to argue. It is your modus operandi.

Getting this back on topic.

Have you @bazil85 heard that our club chairman said at the last public meeting that the club was running at a 7 figure loss last accounting period?

Scary stuff eh? Unless 7 figures is only £30,000.00!

You have hopefully some knowledge to share about that.

It’s a discussion forum, if someone posts on a topic I want to talk about, I have absolutely every right to respond. 

If someone however doesn’t want to talk to me, they just have to say then stop quoting/ mentioning (directly or indirectly I would add) me. I will leave them alone & not respond to their specific posts. 

To be honest I don’t think it’s too much to ask. (Although it clearly is for people like Slarti & FS) 

Re the money point though, I am not too worried about it. We have been well run for many years & feel losses are inevitable at some points for a football club. If it was such dire straights I don’t think we’d have paid six figures for a new manager or made him the highest paid in our history.

That’s just my view on the specific point. 

13 hours ago, Slarti said:

He thinks that if I mention Hitler then I want old Adolf to post from his South American hideaway in reply. He can't tell the difference between talking "about" someone and taking "to" someone.

He's right though, it's been years - and he still doesn't know the meaning of "fact". emoji1787.png It's a fact that I was talking about him (in a jokey pass remarkable way) and a fact that I wasn't talking to him. It's also a fact that I wasn't trying to get his attention and a fact that I'm not surprised that he can't let go of someone correcting his misuse of a word, even after years. All he'd have to do is accept that he "misspoke" and I would stop mentioning it - or maybe I wouldn't, cause it would still be funny. emoji16.png

Anyway, can you all do me a favour and stop quoting to attention seeking wee imbecile. Thanks in advance (except to those who will now make a point of quoting him).

Consumes him 😂😂😂

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s a discussion forum, if someone posts on a topic I want to talk about, I have absolutely every right to respond. 

If someone however doesn’t want to talk to me, they just have to say then stop quoting/ mentioning (directly or indirectly I would add) me. I will leave them alone & not respond to their specific posts. 

To be honest I don’t think it’s too much to ask. (Although it clearly is for people like Slarti & FS) 

Re the money point though, I am not too worried about it. We have been well run for many years & feel losses are inevitable at some points for a football club. If it was such dire straights I don’t think we’d have paid six figures for a new manager or made him the highest paid in our history.

That’s just my view on the specific point. 

I don’t think Mark Knopfler will be doing a Paisley gig.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You obviously haven’t understood that I did not say I would stop posting on all topics. 

If any individual doesn’t want to engage with me they just have to say then stop quoting/ mentioning me. I’ll still post on topics I want but leave the individual to it. Again, very simple 👍

People need to tell you they dont want to engage rather than just avoid?  Really

I just need to add that i don't know how you got off my ignore list, easily rectified.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

People need to tell you they dont want to engage rather than just avoid?  Really

I just need to add that i don't know how you got off my ignore list, easily rectified.

How else would I know? 🤷‍♂️

I’m not just going to stop posting I’m afraid. 

Yeah, you've got to tell him, then he tries to take a dig when someone tells him that they're putting him on ignore. You couldn't make it up, though he often does.

35 minutes ago, antrin said:

The problem here, is that they are bazil’s rules.  Not Forum rules.

They are rules that work for him but the rest of the world think they’re loopy, ignore them… but don’t mind his adherence to them.

I’m guessing Baz is Amish.

Nope, they’re an observation. 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

The problem here, is that they are bazil’s rules.  Not Forum rules.

They are rules that work for him but the rest of the world think they’re loopy, ignore them… but don’t mind his adherence to them.

I’m guessing Baz is Amish.

Amish - or Hamish?

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Nope, they’re an observation. 

But only observed (and reported/asserted/posted) from your/Amish pov.

they’re neither forum nor general societal observations.

and, that’s demonstrably true…. as you regularly assert them and users regularly don’t follow them.

you are the sole adherent to your touchingly simple faith. (or “observations”)

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

But only observed (and reported/asserted/posted) from your/Amish pov.

they’re neither forum nor general societal observations.

and, that’s demonstrably true…. as you regularly assert them and users regularly don’t follow them.

you are the sole adherent to your touchingly simple faith. (or “observations”)

I don’t think so, I’m pretty sure other people have observed Slarti (and others) say he was putting me on ignore then, mention me, follow my replies & obsess over a years old argument on here. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t think so, I’m pretty sure other people have observed Slarti (and others) say he was putting me on ignore then, mention me, follow my replies & obsess over a years old argument on here. 

Genuinely pretty sure or Amishly pretty sure?