St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 14/8/22

shull

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

County, on the whole, have a poor first half of the season so we really have to look to win this game.

A draw, meh, a loss, I predict a full meltdown.

image.thumb.png.e4021a1e8a5370ffd02b82b7ff4118ef.png

Most definitely a big loss next week.

Edited by elvis

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

County, on the whole, have a poor first half of the season so we really have to look to win this game.

A draw, meh, a loss, I predict a full meltdown.

image.thumb.png.e4021a1e8a5370ffd02b82b7ff4118ef.png

They frequently change most of their first team squad each close season. Might have kept more from last season than normal for them so will be looking to make a better start.

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Self evident that our defence needs to stop conceding penalties and goals. That would be a start.

I think we miss a Connor McCarthy type of defender. He was able to play ball out the back calmly. 

Need to give the back 3 time to settle, however we don't really have time!

Edited by exiledfan

40 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why do we need to fear RC. Big game for us but if we perform as we did in Motherwell game and take our chances we should be well capable of putting 3 points on the board. 

Nothing in it so far. A long way to go. We deserved to win our first game and I expected nothing from our second. We have had some cracking games against RC

Edited by Rascal

Really need points on the board pronto, to state the obvious. 

With County, Dundee United, Hibs and St Johnstone up next, there really must be pressure building on Robinson to get a half decent return from these games. 

We should be looking to win every time we play at home, probably out with the uglies. It might feel unrealistic at the moment but home games should be an advantage. 
We’ve been a soft touch at home for too long. Teams like County and Livvy seem to have belief when they play at home, Livvy’s pitch is a big advantage for them to be fair. Plastic pitches in the top league is a joke. 
We’ve lacked a bit of luck but if we play like we did against Well but are a bit more clinical it should be enough to sneak a win against a good County team.
Always think wee Henderson shows belief, always wants to have a go and looks like he can make things happen and get the home crowd going.  Hopefully he’ll get more time on the pitch. 
Gallagher is a big miss but Tanser and O’Hara should be back. Hopefully we can grab 3 points and get a wee bit of momentum. 

Not feeling confident about any of our games lately, this is a must win game! If we lose then I fear the players confidence will go and further heavy defeats will lead to Robinson being sacked in mid October. If we win however, it should provide the spark of self belief that I think has been missing so far.