St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 14/8/22

shull

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

f**k me, it’s all part of the world going mad

Dehydration my arse

I’m sure everyone can manage a couple of hours without a drink ffs!

As a runner, it reminds me of these fools you see running with a water bottle ! Clowns!

Its a little known fact but nobody dies of dehydration during marathons. But folk *do* die of over hydration….. it’s a common occurrence. Folk overload on water before races for some bizarre reason. 

There is no “climate crisis”, it’s total bollocks! 

You need to stop watching those David Icke and Alex Jones interviews 

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Why?  Can’t you make sure you have a drink of water before you leave the house? It’s 90 minutes not a trek through the Sahara. 

I had a drink before I went to bed, manged, just, to make it through to the morning, it was quite warm during the night but, you'll be glad to know, I'm safe. :lol:

8 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

f**k me, it’s all part of the world going mad

Dehydration my arse

I’m sure everyone can manage a couple of hours without a drink ffs!

As a runner, it reminds me of these fools you see running with a water bottle ! Clowns!

Its a little known fact but nobody dies of dehydration during marathons. But folk *do* die of over hydration….. it’s a common occurrence. Folk overload on water before races for some bizarre reason. 

There is no “climate crisis”, it’s total bollocks! 

I read an article recently that the climate stats are wrong in many countries (Particularly the USA) because the meteorological equipment is too close to urban centres.

In these cases natural heat is being added to by heat from other sources such as buildings and roads.  One of the places used in Britain was Heathrow which on hot days is miles of roasting concrete.

The 1976 Summer the media keep on using as a comparison to this year was, in many respects, worse as the measuring devices were in the same places but the areas were less built up so the heat measured was mostly due to the sun’s rays.

Totally agree about running with a bottle unless your running through the Serengeti.

I had a drink before I went to bed, manged, just, to make it through to the morning, it was quite warm during the night but, you'll be glad to know, I'm safe. [emoji38]
Imagine sharing that, after having a drink before bed, you managed to make it through to morning without pissing the bed. Is this unusual for you? Never mind, some things are better left private. :whistle

The club have announced that they are giving away 200 bottles of water for free to those attending the pre match entertainment before the game. A nice gesture towards the kids. I usually buy a Diet Coke myself. I think the question was raised was a bit tongue in cheek. One of the top teams playing in Europe recently complained that their fans didn’t have enough water available for fans to drink during the game in the hot temperatures. Life in all its forms

8 minutes ago, Rascal said:

The club have announced that they are giving away 200 bottles of water for free to those attending the pre match entertainment before the game. A nice gesture towards the kids. I usually buy a Diet Coke myself. I think the question was raised was a bit tongue in cheek. One of the top teams playing in Europe recently complained that their fans didn’t have enough water available for fans to drink during the game in the hot temperatures. Life in all its forms

That’s debatable, with the club you are referring to it’s a bit like the virus question, is it alive or dead? 

I read an article recently that the climate stats are wrong in many countries (Particularly the USA) because the meteorological equipment is too close to urban centres.
In these cases natural heat is being added to by heat from other sources such as buildings and roads.  One of the places used in Britain was Heathrow which on hot days is miles of roasting concrete.
The 1976 Summer the media keep on using as a comparison to this year was, in many respects, worse as the measuring devices were in the same places but the areas were less built up so the heat measured was mostly due to the sun’s rays.
Totally agree about running with a bottle unless your running through the Serengeti.
Maybe some of those bottles contain glucose drinks because the people are diabetic. Better having it and not needing it than needing it and not having it.

Irrespective of where the readings are taken, it is still that temperature at that location and people will be affected by it. Also, the devices used at different locations are designed for those locations, they aren't just all thermometers stuck on the ends of poles. Temperatures aren't just the result of direct sun on a specific area, they are affected by what is in the area, man made or natural, which is one of the reasons the thermometers tend to be situated in boxes, away from direct sunlight.

Nevertheless, it's good to know that we have 2 esteemed medical and climatology experts on the forum. default_whistling.gif

1 minute ago, Slarti said:

Maybe some of those bottles contain glucose drinks because the people are diabetic. Better having it and not needing it than needing it and not having it.

Irrespective of where the readings are taken, it is still that temperature at that location and people will be affected by it. Also, the devices used at different locations are designed for those locations, they aren't just all thermometers stuck on the ends of poles. Temperatures aren't just the result of direct sun on a specific area, they are affected by what is in the area, man made or natural, which is one of the reasons the thermometers tend to be situated in boxes, away from direct sunlight.

Nevertheless, it's good to know that we have 2 esteemed medical and climatology experts and on the forum. :whistle

Who said people wouldn’t be affected by those temperatures?

Shouldn’t you be sticking to your task of designing Iceland, a job which you excelled at. Particularly the ‘crinkly’ bits.

That’s debatable, with the club you are referring to it’s a bit like the virus question, is it alive or dead? 
This one's definitely alive but only because an older, more established one died and left room for it. A bit like getting rid of a big weed and a new one establishing itself in the same location as it is able to take advantage of the mindless nutrients that the old one used to suck up.

Just now, Slarti said:
6 minutes ago, Hunterian said:
Who said people wouldn’t be affected by those temperatures?
Shouldn’t you be sticking to your task of designing Iceland, a job which you excelled at. Particularly the ‘crinkly’ bits.

It was Norway, you feckin Philistine.

Ha ha ha, sorry Slartifartblaster. At least I think I’ve pronounced that correctly…

I miss Elvis's depressing predictions.. he would triple his like count this season.... do or die for me..... so pray but dont expect a win.... i dont think its lack of effort but lack of ability... no wide pace... no cutting edge ... no formation consistency and red cards... all equals 12th

34 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I miss Elvis's depressing predictions.. he would triple his like count this season.... do or die for me..... so pray but dont expect a win.... i dont think its lack of effort but lack of ability... no wide pace... no cutting edge ... no formation consistency and red cards... all equals 12th

Sadly-so far-accurate. But - Hope springs eternal in this fan.

Edited by Rascal

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just heard on the radio an 11 year old boy, Rangers supporter, is being taken to our game today as he's never been to a match before? 

His granddad is taking him,  well done. 🖕

Thought you were older than that  :rolleyes: