St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 14/8/22

shull

Just home. Second excellent home performance in the league in a row. Thoroughly deserved our win but credit also to Ross County who fought every step of the way. A very good team performance. Several very good individual performances. Ayunga, Tait, Main when he was on, Baccus, Ethan and Strain plus Kiltie

6 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

Tait has not been complemented enough.  Not just for his goal.

I hope Ayunga and Strain watched his technique, simply passed the ball into the roof of the net.

Composure beats trying to blooter the ball goalwards.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I hope Ayunga and Strain watched his technique, simply passed the ball into the roof of the net.

Composure beats trying to blooter the ball goalwards.

Totally.

But a right footed wing back playing in the left has the luxury of cutting in.

I’ve been arguing for a long time that Tierney should be playing right wing back for Scotland

With Hickey now playing on the right every week in  England, it’ll be interesting to see what happens, especially with Patterson now first choice at Everton. Steve Clarke has a decision to make in that position…. and Tait shows the potential of an inverted wing back 

For those not at the game it was really hot today.

The temperature in the shade in the West Stand was 27C. f**k knows what it was in the sunshine on the pitch.

I was sweating sat down in my seat. I couldn’t manage to run for 5 minutes never mind 90+ minutes in the sun.

That was a huge result for the club. Well done everyone! COYS

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Just home. Second excellent home performance in the league in a row. Thoroughly deserved our win but credit also to Ross County who fought every step of the way. A very good team performance. Several very good individual performances. Ayunga, Tait, Main when he was on, Baccus, Ethan and Strain plus Kiltie

The more I see of Ayunga and Baccus the better they become. We are getting real match fitness in now and it shows. O'Hara was excellent when he came on. 

I like the formation we play and players are suited to it. 

We tired near the end but no wonder in the heat. 

Main is a nuisance but Brophy looked better. 

Only 3 points but its a start and will help the confidence

17 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Don't see this at all. I think he is way better than Fraser. We all have our opinions but we will need to disagree on Strain

I agree with you about Strain, think he played well. Maybe still a little behind in match fitness given he hadn't played much last season due to injury then frozen out team.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

For those not at the game it was really hot today.

The temperature in the shade in the West Stand was 27C. f**k knows what it was in the sunshine on the pitch.

I was sweating sat down in my seat. I couldn’t manage to run for 5 minutes never mind 90+ minutes in the sun.

That was a huge result for the club. Well done everyone! COYS

At least your new away top might fit you now 😉

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

At least your new away top might fit you now 😉

I could easily run for 90 mins in that temperature - and at a faster overall pace that they guys playing couldn’t manage - and I’m in my 50s. They wouldn’t even come close to managing my fitness 😉