St Mirren v Ross County SPFL PREMIERSHIP 14/8/22

shull

What a day,  wakening up to a lovey sunny day,

A few beers priors to the game  😊

A decent game with an outstanding goal to win it for us  :happyclapper

Also a decent ref for a change. 

A few more beers after the game  😊

Going into a pub in Renfrew and seeing Man U have has their arse handed to them again   :lol:

Why can't every Sat be like that for us ?    :lol:

5 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

I could easily run for 90 mins in that temperature - and at a faster overall pace that they guys playing couldn’t manage - and I’m in my 50s. They wouldn’t even come close to managing my fitness 😉

I take it there are a lot of mirrors in your house.... no wonder blowup Betty loves ya 😉

1 minute ago, guinness said:

Thought we played quite well today. Big centre was very good as was Bacchus. Best man on the park again was Erhahon. Most improved player I have seen in years.

Agree on the improvement in Ethan.

Watched the BBC Highlights. They caught nothing of the game today except the Tait goal 

A good perfomance from many of our starting eleven and I'm delighted at the result. But, as is the way.

Another game that would have been a travesty to not win. Yet we nearly contrived to do so. We relied on a right back playing at left back to do what a midfielder or striker should do.

We dominated most of this match but needed a wonder save to stop us dropping points.

We need our strikers to score goals. We will always be on the back foot until we can manage to get clear space, goalwise, when on top.

29 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

A good perfomance from many of our starting eleven and I'm delighted at the result. But, as is the way.

Another game that would have been a travesty to not win. Yet we nearly contrived to do so. We relied on a right back playing at left back to do what a midfielder or striker should do.

We dominated most of this match but needed a wonder save to stop us dropping points.

We need our strikers to score goals. We will always be on the back foot until we can manage to get clear space, goalwise, when on top.

Jeezo.

We, as we did against Motherwell, PLAYED WELL.

Aye, we're not scoring hunners of goals, we've scored 2 goals, funnily enough, outwith the Old Firm, the average is 2.9 goals per team.

Aye, it was a great strike, don't they count and don't defenders/midfielders score for other clubs?  

Early days, points, at this stage, are the most important thing, performances, and we've put in two good ones from three, are secondary.

Plenty time for gloom and doom later in the season, hang on in there, your time will come. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Thought we played quite well today. Big centre was very good as was Bacchus. Best man on the park again was Erhahon. Most improved player I have seen in years.

100% , I criticised Ethan last season but gladly take it all back , don’t know what Robbo has done with him but deserves to start every game.

Silly League... everyone beating everyone bar 2...  lets see how Ross survives after THAT Euro performance.... how long will Goody get after todays result..  so lets play a little better finish better and u never know (  for us older fans u actually do) we might just progress... but well done Saints today...a HOME WIN !!!!

2 hours ago, munoz said:

At least your new away top might fit you now 😉

At least I was able to fit into the one I bought. 😂 

You couldn’t even get it over yer napper. 

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

At least I was able to fit into the one I bought. 😂 

You couldn’t even get it over yer napper. 

Not a problem with my pea heed.

I think this away top might just turn out to be the top 6 top.

Last can of G for me.

I've always been a fan of Ethan Erhahon, he's technically a good player and, while he's had spells of not being as good as I thought he should be, I think he's really kicking on this season so far.  I'd like him to add goals to his game though as he has proved he can hit them, the screamer at Pittodrie during lockdown comes to mind?  Whatever has changed, I hope he keeps it up and ends up being a source of considerable income for us in the future.  I have to remind myself he's only about 21 I think?  He's been involved with the first team for ages!

Thought Ayunga was outstanding today. Caused their defence no end of problems and was unlucky with his shot off the post. Erhahon and Baccus had great performances too. Dunne looked like a solid defender.

Would like to see Baccus having a dig rather than passing at the edge of the box. I think he's going to be a fantastic signing for us.

Fantastic finish from Tait for the goal.:thumbsup

A solid, if unspectacular performance, with an all important three points at the end.

Fantastic save from Carson too from the deflected shot, just in case the "supporters" that have written him off already didn't notice.<_<

Hopefully Dundee United's thrashing midweek and a similar result tomorrow, will set us up nicely for next week's game.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Thought it was a good performance but the space we were giving them out wide was ridiculous a better team would have punished us need to sort that out toot sweet.

Have to agree. We keep leaving tons of space at the back. Not so much the right but more so the left

17 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Great goal from Tait but they had us hanging on at the end. 

Ross County forced Carson into one save in the whole game which was from a deflected shot and a brilliant save. 

Ross County have been playing terrific football this season against Hearts and Celtic and ran both sides very close. 

It was expected that Ross County would play expansive football on the break and they have a number of good players. The fact that we limited them to one shot on goal was brilliant. 

There are no easy games in our league.

That was a fantastic win yesterday in very difficult conditions. 

There was (and still is) tremendous pressure on not just our manager but the players as well. They know how important that result was yesterday.

BTW You rarely find anything positive to say about St Mirren.

May I suggest an excellent choice of reading material. It really is a superb book.

D1CAAEB8-1494-4990-AC54-C875F452A458.thumb.jpeg.9abd3f58c8f4c2d9f3c6f5464a084c46.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Great goal from Tait but they had us hanging on at the end. As usual, nothing up front. I’d say it’s only a temporary stay of execution for the manager, would happily swap him for the Ross County chap. 

:lol: I suppose when you're entrenched in an opinion you refuse to budge from, the mind sees what it wants to see. 

They had one shot that took a wicked deflection and the keeper made a superb stop. Apart from that, we were hardly hanging on.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Ross County forced Carson into one save in the whole game which was from a deflected shot and a brilliant save. 

Ross County have been playing terrific football this season against Hearts and Celtic and ran both sides very close. 

It was expected that Ross County would play expansive football on the break and they have a number of good players. The fact that we limited them to one shot on goal was brilliant. 

There are no easy games in our league.

That was a fantastic win yesterday in very difficult conditions. 

There was (and still is) tremendous pressure on not just our manager but the players as well. They know how important that result was yesterday.

BTW You rarely find anything positive to say about St Mirren.

May I suggest an excellent choice of reading material. It really is a superb book.

D1CAAEB8-1494-4990-AC54-C875F452A458.thumb.jpeg.9abd3f58c8f4c2d9f3c6f5464a084c46.jpeg

I agree with what you write. I would only add that RC were no mugs on the day. They were very organised, tough in a physical sense and had a few very good players who were capable of causing us trouble and did but apart from the deflected attempt basically didn’t trouble our keeper. They will win games playing like the did. We came out on top yesterday. Job for the week done.

Fantastic result and shift from whole team yesterday and thoroughly deserved result. Erhahon, Dunne, Bacchus and Ayunga had stand out performances, OHara impressed again when he came on, but no failures. 
Strain had a good shift but thought his final ball was not quite good enough today. Down the Left Tait needs more defensive support. Kiltie for me didn’t do enough in that part of the game and it was exploited later on.

main thing is we need to create more clear cut chances and be more clinical up front. Lots of inventive build up play but lack of cutting edge at the moment. Promising though and great feeling returning to the day job next week with a win under the belt.