Infiltrator prevention

FTOF

Given that we've cut the ticket allocation for the bigot brothers, I'd imagine that this will lead to more of their followers trying to infiltrate the home stands.

I noticed on P&B that both Livingston and Ross County both experienced this and neither set of fans seem to be happy with the way their club has dealt with it.

So, are there any suggestions, on how we tackle the problem?

I probably wouldn't suggest giving them the family stand as an option.................................................:rolleyes: 

Just now, FTOF said:

Given that we've cut the ticket allocation for the bigot brothers, I'd imagine that this will lead to more of their followers trying to infiltrate the home stands.

I noticed on P&B that both Livingston and Ross County both experienced this and neither set of fans seem to be happy with the way their club has dealt with it.

I probably wouldn't suggest giving them the family stand as an option.................................................:rolleyes: 

A questionnaire before entry? 🤔

58 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Only sell tickets inside the ground on a match day when both of us are at home on the same day.

35 minutes ago, FTOF said:

What about non-season ticket holder Saints fans that can't make the match on that specific day?

Do it on more match days if possible. 

Not perfect i know but giving them the 2 stands doesn't stop them coming into the home end. 

I know old firm fans who are registered to buy tickets, local people who occasionally take in a game at Greenhill Road,

As everyone knows old firm fans are very resourceful when it comes to getting into football grounds so being registered to buy just isn't enough 

If the club are serious about keeping the old firm hoards and unwanted out the home end there's a simple and a easy way to help do it, and not too difficult to implement ...  If you want a ticket for a old firm game and are registered you need to buy tickets for the next 2 home games also {that should stop most of them} unless of course your a season ticket holder....  Any genuine fan will know someone who is a season ticket holder that can purchase a ticket for them 

Also I'm sure we all know friends who have a allegiance to one of the 2 arse cheeks who are civilised enough to come and watch the game without any nonsense I haven't a problem with that, 

Will be interesting to see if the club handle this or just let the £ dictate....  first game 17th Sept 

As usual the club hasn't thought through things . Giving the old firm just one end was always going to result in infiltration. That's why I voted against it . There will be very few extra St. Mirren fans in attendance due to this decision and we'll lose a stack of money just because we are very principled. I had hoped the irrational stuff would go out of the window when Fitzpatrick left but clearly not. At least we can hold our heads up high in the championship. 

2 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

As usual the club hasn't thought through things . Giving the old firm just one end was always going to result in infiltration. That's why I voted against it . There will be very few extra St. Mirren fans in attendance due to this decision and we'll lose a stack of money just because we are very principled. I had hoped the irrational stuff would go out of the window when Fitzpatrick left but clearly not. At least we can hold our heads up high in the championship. 

The club did think it through. They were well aware of the feelings of a large number of fans so engaged with them and consulted with the fans. They have tried to offset any financial hit by encouraging innovative ways of increasing fan based finances. I hope they will do all in their power to keep the three stands "clean".

And. If we end up in the championship next season it will have F all to do with stopping the @rsecheeks from getting two stands. It will be all to do with the recruiting ability and tactical knowledge of our current manager.

His budget has not been impacted.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

The club did think it through. They were well aware of the feelings of a large number of fans so engaged with them and consulted with the fans. They have tried to offset any financial hit by encouraging innovative ways of increasing fan based finances. I hope they will do all in their power to keep the three stands "clean".

And. If we end up in the championship next season it will have F all to do with stopping the @rsecheeks from getting two stands. It will be all to do with the recruiting ability and tactical knowledge of our current manager.

Of course it has.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

My concern with fan ownership was that the heart would rule rather than the head which would be potentially disastrous. My view is unchanged.

12 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

My concern with fan ownership was that the heart would rule rather than the head which would be potentially disastrous. My view is unchanged.

Partly why I didn’t contribute to the buy out. Not criticising those who did, they thought differently that’s all. 

Despite that I think it was time to “put up or shut up” on the two stand thing. Consultation took place. Votes favoured one stand only. 

Two things came to mind for me, one of which was infiltration and the other, more important in my view was how can we fill the family stand that day and above that will the 1,000 or so home fans who staid away now come back for these games. 

Also be nice to increase the admission costs for visiting supporters. A suggestion was made that ,for non season ticket holders then these games should be sold as a 3 game package.

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Partly why I didn’t contribute to the buy out.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

Rest of it is immaterial then. 

If you are not part of the organisation how can you influence. 

You stick to wearing your Club1877 founders members badge even though you are not listed on the board.

14 hours ago, FTOF said:

ADB37A68-21A1-4C9D-9309-DDBDCBE90CC7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Partly why I didn’t contribute to the buy out. Not criticising those who did, they thought differently that’s all. 

Despite that I think it was time to “put up or shut up” on the two stand thing. Consultation took place. Votes favoured one stand only. 

Two things came to mind for me, one of which was infiltration and the other, more important in my view was how can we fill the family stand that day and above that will the 1,000 or so home fans who staid away now come back for these games. 

Also be nice to increase the admission costs for visiting supporters. A suggestion was made that ,for non season ticket holders then these games should be sold as a 3 game package.

Just a reminded that we CANNOT charge visiting supporters more than home supporters. However, the package option might be a way to circumvent those rules.

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Just a reminded that we CANNOT charge visiting supporters more than home supporters. However, the package option might be a way to circumvent those rules.

If that is the case, up the price of single match tickets for the least popular section in the ground.

M1 has 11 Season ticket holders. Price tickets in there at the higher of the 2 prices rangers & celtic charge us.

Say it is £30 then apply that to the away stand.

1600 tickets sold at £5 more than each ticket is sold now would realise an additional £8000 per match.

The remaining "home" match tickets are sold at the usual price but as part of a two or three match package.

If anyone buys an M1 match tickets outwith the matches v rangers & celtic, present the stub at the ticket office & get a 30% discount, will even out that cost.

I reckon that would enable St Mirren to discourage "infiltration" for many & those that aren't discouraged, The Club makes a a wedge that helps offset the revenue difference of giving them 2 stands.