Dundee United v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 21/8/22

shull

6 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Just in case anyone finds any historical anti Robinson posts...  Just letting you know my Labtop was hacked it wasn't me   :rolleyes: 

so you are a scientist who was attacked by a knife wielding maniac?

Shock upon shock. I was delighted by the well deserved victory and amazed at who settled it for us. Curtis Maine is proving a manager can make a difference. No doubt they were good goals too. Carson pulled off a couple of important stops as well. We played front to back with pace and accuracy and the defence, in the main, was solid. The third goal was far better than it first appeared. We're starting to see what SR wants. We might, and I say might, be onto a winner after all.

As for the tangerines. JR is in deep doo doo and if Utd lose next week, I think he's on the way to three sackings since he left us. YESSSS!

Let's not take it away from us though. Today we played well.

I'll be honest, I didn't even think about this match until this morning. If I had posted in this thread before the game, I reckon folk would have thought Elvis had hacked my account. Obviously, I'm delighted, and especially pleased for Main, whose goals were very well taken according to the BBC.

Speaking of Main, I have never had much time for the big man...it looks as though he couldn't function under Jim, for whatever reason. 

Anyway, far too early to get carried away, but it's been a while since we won 3-0 away.

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

I'll be honest, I didn't even think about this match until this morning. If I had posted in this thread before the game, I reckon folk would have thought Elvis had hacked my account. Obviously, I'm delighted, and especially pleased for Main, whose goals were very well taken according to the BBC.

Speaking of Main, I have never had much time for the big man...it looks as though he couldn't function under Jim, for whatever reason. 

Anyway, far too early to get carried away, but it's been a while since we won 3-0 away.

He looks more composed in his all round play and is not spending his afternoon sitting on his arse with his arms in the air pleading for fouls, he just got on with his job. Two good finishes can only boost his confidence. Fingers crossed that type of performance continues.

I have never been convinced that Main was going to be better under Robinson, but I am happy to be proved wrong,

Took his goals very well today. I can't remember him getting any goal scoring opportunities like that last season. Maybe that has more to do with the way we played than his ability.

5 minutes ago, ianmac said:

I have never been convinced that Main was going to be better under Robinson, but I am happy to be proved wrong,

Took his goals very well today. I can't remember him getting any goal scoring opportunities like that last season. Maybe that has more to do with the way we played than his ability.

More to do with the way boring Jim Goodwin wanted us to play 

Home now. Great day out. Excellent weather, great pitch and two teams willing to have a go (suited us better than United). To win by 3-0 and it could have been more is a bonus. Every player played their part and worked their socks off. Great day to be there.

47 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

He looks more composed in his all round play and is not spending his afternoon sitting on his arse with his arms in the air pleading for fouls, he just got on with his job. Two good finishes can only boost his confidence. Fingers crossed that type of performance continues.

What a difference a week makes. I thought he was pretty rotten against Ross County.

However, he was great today and proved me completely wrong in that I thought Brophy should start today.

Long live the reborn Curtis main!:D

Great result & a brilliant selection headache to have going forward. All four main striker options are looking good. 

Main - clinical & his runs/ positioning was top class  

Ayunga - looked unplayable at times, ran United ragged 

Brophy - lively when he came on & seemed to have that sharpness that he’s been missing with his injuries  

Grieve - great poacher & opportunistic striker, can’t remember the last time we had one. 

Onto the next game 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Great result & a brilliant selection headache to have going forward. All four main striker options are looking good. 

Main - clinical & his runs/ positioning was top class  

Ayunga - looked unplayable at times, ran United ragged 

Brophy - lively when he came on & seemed to have that sharpness that he’s been missing with his injuries  

Grieve - great poacher & opportunistic striker, can’t remember the last time we had one. 

Onto the next game 👏👏👏

Was thinking similar before the game. Its probably the strongest the squad as a whole has looked in years.

With Gogic to arrive on Monday for training, the squad is only going to get stronger. 

Great team performance. We never stopped pressing United. Nearer the end, when we tired, we ended up sitting deeper, but we worked tirelessly to close them down.

Ayunga was superb. Only thing missing was a goal. The turn that led to "superstar" Levitt getting booked was sublime.

All three in midfield were brilliant. Baccus managed to reign it in after his booking without compromising his overall contribution. a very mature performance.

Thought we defended extremely well against the pace of Middleton and the height of Fletcher/Mulgrew/Edwards.

Carson, who is proving to be an excellent signing, had a faultless performance, and his save from Niskanen was outstanding.

Looks like Robinson does know what he's doing and some of our excellent passing moves today were unlike anything I've seen from us for a long time.