Dundee United v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 21/8/22

shull

Must admit, having seen Ayunga in the league cup games, despite his goals I thought he just looked like a poor man’s Obika, but f**k me how wrong can you be. He really looks the part. Brilliant honest play as well for Main’s second. Could’ve gone down under the challenge and claimed for a penalty, but concentrated on staying up and poking the ball to Main.

I really think we’ve won a watch with this guy. 

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Great result & a brilliant selection headache to have going forward. All four main striker options are looking good. 

Main - clinical & his runs/ positioning was top class  

Ayunga - looked unplayable at times, ran United ragged 

Brophy - lively when he came on & seemed to have that sharpness that he’s been missing with his injuries  

Grieve - great poacher & opportunistic striker, can’t remember the last time we had one. 

Onto the next game 👏👏👏

Yes all agreed with...when was the last time we positively mentioned 4 strikers at Saints...hats off Robbo you have turned it around...Gogic on form and we really have lots to look forward to.... happy Saint today

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Must admit, having seen Ayunga in the league cup games, despite his goals I thought he just looked like a poor man’s Obika, but f**k me how wrong can you be. He really looks the part. Brilliant honest play as well for Main’s second. Could’ve gone down under the challenge and claimed for a penalty, but concentrated on staying up and poking the ball to Main.

I really think we’ve won a watch with this guy. 

With Baccus too.

Connor who?

Just home, that was superb and the complete performance. Everyone was superb but special mention to Baccus who is on another level, I reckon we will be getting bids for him in January, get him on a longer contract and we could make a some serious money off him.

Special mention to Robinson, he deserves huge credit, we have been brilliant the past few weeks other than the loss to Aberdeen with 10 men. He has recruited excellently and the standard of player has went up since Goodwin left.

Gogic to come back on Monday too :)

Time for a Moretti.

No I wasn't
However, I said he needed time and a transfer window..[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Unlike these bellends who were calling for his head 🥱🥱🥱
Who looks like a tool now [emoji1745][emoji1745]

If he had got sacked he couldn't have complained took the 2nd best team in Scotland through January and February into a relegation scare.

The League cup campaign and his demeanour had a Tommy Craig/Alan Stubbs look about it, think the performances since (similar to Motherwell post Sligo) has took everyone by surprise.

Long may it continue.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

If he had got sacked he couldn't have complained took the 2nd best team in Scotland through January and February into a relegation scare.

The League cup campaign and his demeanour had a Tommy Craig/Alan Stubbs look about it, think the performances since (similar to Motherwell post Sligo) has took everyone by surprise.

Long may it continue.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

What drivel.:lol:

3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

What would entice you back to see the side in person? A glory hunter cup run or amateur football?

I’d hazard a guess at the following…….

Danny Lennon needs to return 

Jack Ross needs to apologise personally for fielding an academy side in the lower league Challenge cup

£9 entry 

Part time players.

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’d hazard a guess at the following…….

Danny Lennon needs to return 

Jack Ross needs to apologise personally for fielding an academy side in the lower league Challenge cup

£9 entry 

Part time players.

Perhaps also only ever black and white stripes and no jessie coloured boots?

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

How was the pub ? 👍

Quite good, ta!  VERY good.

They’d expected me to be more Bolshie about the Buddies than ever.  They’ve learned to listen to certain scores beyond their Premier League.

…and I think (feel sure) that they’re closet Buddies now.   Not that they’d let me know!

(Only 30 years worth of indoctrination… )

4 pints.

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

Outstanding today. The counter attack worked brilliantly. Well done saints 

As @eastlandssaint said, it was a very controlled performance. Early in the match we pressed then sat back, too deep I thought, but I was wrong. You are right @norrie82 we counter attacked brilliantly.