Jerry Sadowich

guinness

6 hours ago, Slarti said:

I think it was a guy, but mibbe not. Mibbe it was neither. emoji16.png

Anyone who expects to go through life without being offended is a feckin idiot.

I take offence at that!

I happen to be sensitive.  

I happen to be a feckin idiot.

And I proudly demand that we (in the feckin idiot community) should not be so glibly and thoughtlessly abused by those outside the feckin idiot community.

7 hours ago, W6er said:

I find Dawn French visually offensive, and about as funny as childhood leukemia...and that is why I would never, ever go to see her. What is pathetic is instead of telling the outraged punter that she's an imbecile, they pandered to her. Aye, I'm assuming it's a woman

That’s some statements about someone you possibly have never met. 

Why do you say she is “visually offensive”? I’d be keen for you to answer that.

Was it because she was overweight? She reduced her weight by 7 stone in 2014 by healthy eating and exercise so that she could have a hysterectomy operation. She is 64 years old and although she has put more weight back on since she seems to be embracing life and still touring? Her autobiography she called “Dear Fatty”.

Why do you say she is “funny as childhood leukemia”? I’d be keen for you to answer that.

Are you just trying to be “edgy”?

Out of interest do you have any children?

Perhaps you might want to contact Tony Fitzpatrick and ask him about his experience of losing his son to leukaemia at 6 years old. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13207975.tony-fitzpatrick-love-never-lost/

Do you remember the utter anguish and pain that Tony Fitzpatrick went through at this time in his second spell with the club?

For a St Mirren supporter to use that phrase when one of our greatest ever servants who lost his son to that disease is to me disgusting.

Tony has written many stories in memory of his young son Tony who tragically passed away in 1983 (age 6) with acute myaloid leukemia - His nickname was "Babakoochi Bear". https://www.babakoochibear.com

I bought and used his books when my children were very young as they lost primary school friends in their class to tragic accidents and illness. 

I remember Tony Junior as a mascot when it was common knowledge he was terminally ill. You can see the pain in his fathers eyes. Were you not aware of this? 

A7FAF376-BF38-4F23-9528-DA42ABC12DC5.thumb.jpeg.85e19afd657af5ca01d65ae3ab730713.jpeg

The word arises from the Latin word imbecillus, meaning weak, or weak-minded. It included people with an IQ of 26–50, between "idiot" (IQ of 0–25) and "moron" (IQ of 51–70).

Given her long standing career in comedy since 1982 where she has written and performed in a vast number of show resulting in a BAFTA Fellowship in 2009. 

She received an advance of £1.5M for her autobiography. It’s estimated she has a net worth of £7M. In February 2013, she was estimated as one of the 100 most powerful women in the United Kingdom by BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour. 

The Guardian named her as one of the top 50 funniest people in Britain. https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2003/dec/07/comedy.thebestofbritishcomedy1

Not bad going for an “imbecile“. Eh? I’d love to know what you’ve achieved in your lifetime. I personally don’t give a flying fcuk what someone’s IQ is. I met some of the most obnoxious and arrogant high IQ people and met some of the most down to earth, gentle, kind and happy people who you would class as an “imbecile” due to their low IQ.

Why do you “I'm assuming it's a woman”? I’d be keen for you to answer that as I genuinely have no idea were you are coming from.

Surely you are not misogynistic? A self confessed Guardian reader too. Ah but it’s ok. You attended a party last week hosted by three gay men. How liberally minded of you!

It was me that called you a Tory cnut. In Scotland the word cnut can have more than one meaning.

Used widely in the Scottish dialect to replace the word "person", not necessarily always used in a derogatory manner. Also replaces words which end in "one", referring to another person.

Good c**t = nice person 

Daft c**t = silly person

Bunch of cunts = Tories

That c**t = Him/her

Total c**t = Nigel Farage

Kick his c**t in = Fight that man

Ooo ya c**t ye = that's sore.

So you really have no idea why I called you out on that last week.

Given what you have written this morning it could be argued that you are a thick c**t = stupid person!

I await your reply.

I take offence at that!

And I proudly demand that we (in the feckin idiot community) should not be so glibly and thoughtlessly abused by those outside the feckin idiot community.
Shut it, ya feckin idiot. [emoji16]

Was it because she was overweight? She reduced her weight by 7 stone in 2014 by healthy eating and exercise so that she could have a hysterectomy operation. She is 64 years old and although she has put more weight back on since she seems to be embracing life and still touring? Her autobiography she called “Dear Fatty”.
Why do you say she is “funny as childhood leukemia”? I’d be keen for you to answer that.

Perhaps you might want to contact Tony Fitzpatrick and ask him about his experience of losing his son to leukaemia at 6 years old. 
Do you remember the utter anguish and pain that Tony Fitzpatrick went through at this time in his second spell with the club?
For a St Mirren supporter to use that phrase when one of our greatest ever servants who lost his son to that disease is to me disgusting.
Tony has written many stories in memory of his young son Tony who tragically passed away in 1983 (age 6) with acute myaloid leukemia - His nickname was "Babakoochi Bear". https://www.babakoochibear.com
I bought and used his books when my children were very young as they lost primary school friends in their class to tragic accidents and illness. 
I remember Tony Junior as a mascot when it was common knowledge he was terminally ill. You can see the pain in his fathers eyes. Were you not aware of this? 
A7FAF376-BF38-4F23-9528-DA42ABC12DC5.thumb.jpeg.85e19afd657af5ca01d65ae3ab730713.jpeg

The word arises from the Latin word imbecillus, meaning weak, or weak-minded. It included people with an IQ of 26–50, between "idiot" (IQ of 0–25) and "moron" (IQ of 51–70).
Given her long standing career in comedy since 1982 where she has written and performed in a vast number of show resulting in a BAFTA Fellowship in 2009. 
She received an advance of £1.5M for her autobiography. It’s estimated she has a net worth of £7M. In February 2013, she was estimated as one of the 100 most powerful women in the United Kingdom by BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour. 
The Guardian named her as one of the top 50 funniest people in Britain. https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2003/dec/07/comedy.thebestofbritishcomedy1

Not bad going for an “imbecile“. Eh? I’d love to know what you’ve achieved in your lifetime. I personally don’t give a flying fcuk what someone’s IQ is. I met some of the most obnoxious and arrogant high IQ people and met some of the most down to earth, gentle, kind and happy people who you would class as an “imbecile” due to their low IQ.
Why do you “I'm assuming it's a woman”? I’d be keen for you to answer that as I genuinely have no idea were you are coming from.
Surely you are not misogynistic? A self confessed Guardian reader too. Ah but it’s ok. You attended a party last week hosted by three gay men. How liberally minded of you!
It was me that called you a Tory cnut. In Scotland the word cnut can have more than one meaning.
Used widely in the Scottish dialect to replace the word "person", not necessarily always used in a derogatory manner. Also replaces words which end in "one", referring to another person.
Good c**t = nice person 
Daft c**t = silly person
Bunch of cunts = Tories
That c**t = Him/her
Given what you have written this morning it could be argued that you are a thick c**t = stupid person!
I await your reply.
He never called Dawn French an imbecile, he was referring to the person that complained.

And Dawn French is not, and never has been, funny. IMO, of course.

FYI, @SuperSaints1877, you have now been placed on ignore! That's quite an accolade, as I have never resorted to that before on here. 

The final straw was the meltdown about my use of childhood leukaemia as a hyperbolic description of Dawn French's comic ability. It was obviously the saddest, most tragic thing I could think of...something not funny at all. So for you to invoke Tony Fitzpatrick's personal tragedy in order to maliciously portray me as some sort of obnoxious monster is pathetic, and says a lot about your vindictive and nasty mentality. I will not be reading or responding to anything you write on here from now on. Ever.

2016498657_Screenshot2022-08-1608_59_58.png.e4cdceb8b21ba7ea407c8660b72a4f46.png

Edited by W6er

15 minutes ago, W6er said:

FYI, @SuperSaints1877, you have now been placed on ignore! That's quite an accolade, as I have never resorted to that before on here. 

You have clearly been outed as an offensive fat shaming misogynistic individual if you can’t justify the statements you made about someone you have never met and could not answer any questions I posed to you.

Everyone can see you for what you are.

No idea why you posted an image about @faraway saint reference the “idiot community”

Sometimes he behaves like an idiot. He doesn’t take himself seriously. He’s sometimes funny. Sometimes not. Sometimes kind. Sometimes abusive. But I’ve never known him to describe a comedian he has never met as being “as unfunny as childhood leukaemia”. I don’t remember him fat shaming anyone. And I don’t recall him being a complete misogynistic twat. Maybe I missed that.

As for going on ignore……

6572BB49-2BEF-40DB-912A-7A48F39ED0F7.jpeg.634a0b1616749cdd42aba62f6fd5bd60.jpeg

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Good c**t = nice person 

Daft c**t = silly person

Bunch of cunts = Tories

That c**t = Him/her

I await your reply.

Cant find a non-derogatory use of the C word.  Otherwise, my comment is 

Get aff yer knees ya snivelling offence-hunter.   

39 minutes ago, Slarti said:

He never called Dawn French an imbecile, he was referring to the person that complained.

And Dawn French is not, and never has been, funny. IMO, of course.

Yes you are correct. I misread that. But it certainly was a sexist remark made by someone who has a misogynistic outlook. 

I therefore I sincerely apologise to the snowflake that is @W6er for that part of my response.

For the record I don’t have a high IQ. Due to disability I struggle with reading comprehension and executive decision making. 

As for Dawn French and her style of comedy?

I’ve never seen anything she has done apart from the “Comic Strip Presents” in the 80s. I knew she was married to Lenny Henry. I know of them, but both of them I don’t find humorous but I respect them for the careers they have had and the charitable causes they have raised money for.

It’s all personal choice. What you and I find funny others don’t.

As an example, watching videos or descriptions of people being nominated for Darwin Awards I can find humour in.

Maybe that’s down to my “vile and vindictive personality” but it never ceases to amaze me how utterly stupid some of the human race can be.

It would be a boring world if we all had the same outlook on life. 

13 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Cant find a non-derogatory use of the C word.  Otherwise, my comment is 

Get aff yer knees ya snivelling offence-hunter.   

You might need to spell this out to me as I’m not quick on the uptake for reasons I’ve already explained.

But are you suggesting that I’m a “snivelling offence-hunter” for calling out someone for what they have posted that I think is offensive and misogynistic?

I clearly asked @W6er to justify his statements and he hasn’t.

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You might need to spell this out to me as I’m not quick on the uptake for reasons I’ve already explained.

But are you suggesting that I’m a “snivelling offence-hunter” for calling out someone for what they have posted that I think is offensive and misogynistic?

I clearly asked @W6er to justify his statements and he hasn’t.

My view

invoking the tragedy of a club legend as a way of attacking another poster was vicarious offence in the extreme.  Saying something is about as funny as a very bad thing is not belitting the suffering of others or laughing at a very serious event.  You would need to be looking for offence where there is none to take that view and to be honest, I would suggest an apology is in order to the person you levelled that comment at.  There is irony and there is vicious intent to upset and i dont think there is ANY doubt which side of the line the original comment fell on

Edit

And W6er never referred to Dawn French in the context of her gender, his insult was personal rather than targetted at her gender.  Mentioning you find someone visually offensive is not an attack based on gender.

Edited by beyond our ken

5 hours ago, antrin said:

I take offence at that!

Membership of the Idiots Society is free and it is open to all. Members may be nominated by others.

Heid Numpty is the name given to our esteemed leader Mr A. 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

My view

invoking the tragedy of a club legend as a way of attacking another poster was vicarious offence in the extreme.  Saying something is about as funny as a very bad thing is not belitting the suffering of others or laughing at a very serious event.  You would need to be looking for offence where there is none to take that view and to be honest, I would suggest an apology is in order to the person you levelled that comment at.  There is irony and there is vicious intent to upset and i dont think there is ANY doubt which side of the line the original comment fell on

Edit

And W6er never referred to Dawn French in the context of her gender, his insult was personal rather than targetted at her gender.  Mentioning you find someone visually offensive is not an attack based on gender.

My view. I found his comments totally insensitive about a person he does not know and I was angry and called him out on it.

@W6er can explain what he meant by his comments and if I think I have misunderstood what he said then I will apologise. But it’s a two way street. 

Why does @W6er say she is “visually offensive”?
Not once did I refer to her gender or say he did when I replied to that specific point. Go read back exactly what I said.

On the 2nd point. To describe her humour as “funny as childhood leukemia”? is insulting to those affected by such diseases. Maybe you and @W6er think that is a normal phrase to use, I’ve been affected by seeing people very close to me die young from cancer. Perhaps you may see why I was so angry with those words he used. It’s clear and obvious other people around the UK and the world enjoy her style of humour even though many of us including myself don’t. 

@W6er made a 3rd comment that “What is pathetic is instead of telling the outraged punter that she's an imbecile, they pandered to her. Aye, I'm assuming it's a woman.”
Now my original response was incorrect and I’ve apologised for that mistake based on @Slarti correcting me.  
It does not take away from my perception that his view is sexist and misogynistic.

Are we honestly saying that only one customer who (attended this venue where Jerry was banned) complained and she identified as a female? 

Because that’s how it came across to me.

Now until he can grow up and “un-ignore” me and reply to those questions I stand by what I say in this particular post now that I’ve hopefully got the exact wording right. 

Jerry Sadowitz was banned because of what he said on stage in a performance that is an act. I’m not asking for @W6er to be banned. I’m just asking him to clarify his comments.

I don’t think I should be banned from here for speaking my mind either.

41 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

My view. I found his comments totally insensitive about a person he does not know and I was angry and called him out on it.

@W6er can explain what he meant by his comments and if I think I have misunderstood what he said then I will apologise. But it’s a two way street. 

Why does @W6er say she is “visually offensive”?
Not once did I refer to her gender or say he did when I replied to that specific point. Go read back exactly what I said.

On the 2nd point. To describe her humour as “funny as childhood leukemia”? is insulting to those affected by such diseases. Maybe you and @W6er think that is a normal phrase to use, I’ve been affected by seeing people very close to me die young from cancer. Perhaps you may see why I was so angry with those words he used. It’s clear and obvious other people around the UK and the world enjoy her style of humour even though many of us including myself don’t. 

@W6er made a 3rd comment that “What is pathetic is instead of telling the outraged punter that she's an imbecile, they pandered to her. Aye, I'm assuming it's a woman.”
Now my original response was incorrect and I’ve apologised for that mistake based on @Slarti correcting me.  
It does not take away from my perception that his view is sexist and misogynistic.

Are we honestly saying that only one customer who (attended this venue where Jerry was banned) complained and she identified as a female? 

Because that’s how it came across to me.

Now until he can grow up and “un-ignore” me and reply to those questions I stand by what I say in this particular post now that I’ve hopefully got the exact wording right. 

Jerry Sadowitz was banned because of what he said on stage in a performance that is an act. I’m not asking for @W6er to be banned. I’m just asking him to clarify his comments.

I don’t think I should be banned from here for speaking my mind either.

I think you need to get over yourself a wee bit with that last line.

19 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think you need to get over yourself a wee bit with that last line.

Not really sure what you are getting at here. Maybe I’ve not explained myself. I have a disability that affects my reading and writing as well as problems with executive decision making that can result in significant errors of judgement.

I have known previous posters to be banned on this site and Pieandbovril due to people complaining because they disagree. That’s the context of what I wrote.

Putting that last line to one side. Why do you refuse to comment on what I wrote in the rest of the post you just replied to?

31 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Not really sure what you are getting at here. Maybe I’ve not explained myself. I have a disability that affects my reading and writing as well as problems with executive decision making that can result in significant errors of judgement.

I have known previous posters to be banned on this site and Pieandbovril due to people complaining because they disagree. That’s the context of what I wrote.

Putting that last line to one side. Why do you refuse to comment on what I wrote in the rest of the post you just replied to?

there is definitely a difference between choosing not to and refusing.  I said my piece, you obviously are wedded to your viewpoint and i have no plans to try and win you round.  What you said goes without comment from me.  Sorry if this disappoints.

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Your vocabulary is extensive and your logic sound when following up with counter arguments. Glad to see that you have managed to overcome these barriers 👍🏻