Jerry Sadowich

guinness

I don't find Dawn French funny but fancy her a bit. Does that make me a bad person?!

She's actually a better actress in my opinion when playing non-comedy roles.  I feel the same about her ex-husband Lenny Henry.  I don't find him funny either but did see him in an episode of "Doctor Who" and a one-off drama which was part of a series of dramas about the "Windrush Generation" and he was good in those.

So in summary, I don't find Dawn French or Lenny Henry funny but she is not bad looking.

Edited by Percy Veer
Missed out a "but".

5 hours ago, Percy Veer said:

I don't find Dawn French funny but fancy her a bit. Does that make me a bad person?!

She's actually a better actress in my opinion when playing non-comedy roles.  I feel the same about her ex-husband Lenny Henry.  I don't find him funny either but did see him in an episode of "Doctor Who" and a one-off drama which was part of a series of dramas about the "Windrush Generation" and he was good in those.

So in summary, I don't find Dawn French or Lenny Henry funny but she is not bad looking.

Not sure about your taste in women but each to their own.

Also. Not sure about LH in Dr. Who. A tree trunk would have came across as akin to Laurence Olivier surrounded by the recent cast of that show. 

I've hardly heard of this guy and comedy like music is so personal I'd say there's nothing that is or isn't funny.

There is bad taste but that changes with the generations.

Billy Connolly is almost the ultimate comedian for me with his ability to observe everyday situations and deliver them is such a way they are very funny.

His use of expletives was verging on genius where he used them very selectively to emphasise a point but was usually careful not to overload them in his stories.

I'm away to work, lots of wood to turn into sawdust. 

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Not sure about your taste in women but each to their own.

Also. Not sure about LH in Dr. Who. A tree trunk would have came across as akin to Laurence Olivier surrounded by the recent cast of that show. 

As you say "each to their own".  I take the attitude that everything in life is subjective, which is why I don't say another person's taste in art, books, films, music, television and potential partners is rubbish or slag them off for their personal tastes.  I don't like rap music, one of my neighbours does but I'd never tell him it's rubbish and compare it to someone banging a bin lid.

17 hours ago, Wooden Saint said:

I've hardly heard of this guy and comedy like music is so personal I'd say there's nothing that is or isn't funny.

There is bad taste but that changes with the generations.

Billy Connolly is almost the ultimate comedian for me with his ability to observe everyday situations and deliver them is such a way they are very funny.

His use of expletives was verging on genius where he used them very selectively to emphasise a point but was usually careful not to overload them in his stories.

I'm away to work, lots of wood to turn into sawdust. 

I hope you don't live too faraway from your work.  Long commutes can be very boring.

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

About a third of his upcoming tour have sold out.

Not sure if that's normal for him? 

I said when this first happened that this was terrific marketing for Jerry’s upcoming tour - however I caveated that by saying he’d be fcuking furious that fans who paid to see him in Edinburgh on the Saturday night would have been out of pocket big time for travel and accommodation.

That’s the big issue here.

People have the freedom of choice in this county to decide to pay money and see an “outrageous comedy act”  like Jerry Sadowitz or a “visually offensive, as funny as childhood leukaemia act” like Dawn French.

This is cancel culture at its finest.

I’m heavily into punk rock. So many venues in Glasgow were forced to cancel punk bands in the ‘70s. 

All that did was help these bands sell more records and venues elsewhere.

Paisley became very popular in the 70s for hosting bands “cancel cultured” and  banned from Scotlands largest city. 

This is clearly not a new phenomenon. 

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Anybody that wears a top hat has got to be a few bob off a shilling. :byebye

Or done a shite load of drugs and booze whilst playing lead guitar in punk rock bands to millions of fans worldwide.

9D39FF59-ECF9-4406-BE68-ACEC1EEB8C83.jpeg.bfb3e6b930ce8ffdc4ac82fd691ccf78.jpeg

I can’t play guitar as well as Slash, but I did the other two to good effect in my younger years. Certainly not to the degree he did.

BTW I’m not trivialising the impact of taking drugs and alcohol to excess. But again it’s personal freedom of choice.

In 2001, at the age of 35, Slash was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, a form of congestive heart failure, caused by his many years of alcohol and drug abuse.

Originally given between six days and six weeks to live, he survived through physical therapy and the implantation of a defibrillator

He’s been drug free and clean since 2006. Take a bow Saul.

I’ve seen him many times in Glasgow with various bands he’s been involved with.

I'm surprised he managed to get a venue to host him in Glasgow given the city councillors historic cancel culture attitude of the past. 

Shame Glasgow city council could not ban two football clubs whose fans cause domestic violence rates to increase massively, murders, stabbings, rioting and senseless sectarianism and bigotry when they play each other.

Now that’s a cancel culture campaign I’d support.