Saints v Hibs, Gogic's return? 27/8/22

2 hours ago, Percy Veer said:

I think this will be a very tight match with both teams believing they can win the game.  As others have mentinned, nullify Martin Boyle and we improve our chances of winning the match.

I'm going for St. Mirren 1-0 Hibernian.

As ever, C'mon you Saints! 🔴

A lucky guess!  Another hard working performance from Saints mixed with good football.  Ryan Strain gets better every week, as does Keanu Baccus.  I agree with Stephen Robinson that if they keep up these performances they should be getting called up to the Australia squad.

There's a real feel of togetherness that I feel was lacking last season, especially towards the end, but Mr. Robinson is slowly but surely forging a good side.

On Hibernian, I didn't feel too worried when they got near our box.  They looked poor, very poor indeed.  If I was a Hibernian player I'd be embarrassed by Ryan Porteous.  The guy is a grade A numpty, making a complete embarrassment of himself, his team-mates and, more importantly, his club and fans.

Brilliant result & generally a very disciplined performance again. Shaky at the start of the second half but we could have killed the game several times over. 

Really feel for Brophy, he did everything right when he came on apart from score. Created multiple chances from nothing, a right pest for their defenders while chasing an equaliser.

Certainly looking sharp, just needs that goal for his confidence I think. 

Great team performance and, as other have pointed out, we should have scored 4 - although Hibs had possibly 2 or 3 good scoring chances themselves.

Defence was very solid although I can't understand why we allow the opposition's wide men far too much room to set up attacks week after week.

6 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

5353 when there were 1400 Hibs fans? I would have said it looked more like just over 6000.

Seems very strange that there are a reported 500 fewer home fans than attended the last home game v RC (4557 with 143 away fans).

Ok valid point...however in the great scheme of things 9 pts Score 5 Against Nil so who gives a flyer where 500 people are..probably some pub 

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok valid point...however in the great scheme of things 9 pts Score 5 Against Nil so who gives a flyer where 500 people are..probably some pub 

I reckon the new stadium announcer (OK I know he's been here for a while but it was his first solo gig today after Campbell's departure) just got it wrong and read out the wrong figure.