The Humble Pie Thread

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Last season, I described Curtis Main as the worst St Mirren player i've ever seen.

He brought nothing to the team.

Ran around like a headless chicken.

Couldn't/wouldn't jump. His jump was getting both feet off the ground then pull his knees up. His head got little further from the ground than if he was stood tall.

I found it bewildering that he wasn't got rid of in the summer. Stephen Robinson has done a magnificent job in changing my mind, he's getting loads out of him, clearly knew there was a player in there & we are starting to see him.

Not a bad jump on Sunday to set up that 2nd goal.

Curtis Main, delighted to say, you're doing great this season. Keep it up fella.

Couldn’t have put it better myself 👍

I too thought he was a dud,  when he signed I thought “meh!”  and for almost the whole of last season I saw nothing to make me change my mind.

As you say Robinson has worked wonders with him and he looks like a different player - hopefully he continues to improve and the signs of his partnership with Ayunga gelling look positive for him & the Team .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Telling the truth here in the sense that last year I was very much of the opinion that it was not Robinson team when he came in and we were on the bad run, however bit by bit he is building something good.

I’ve got to state though, regardless of that poor run the abuse the man took from his own fans walking up those stairs after the 4 - 2 away to Motherwell was absolutely disgraceful.

What a job this guy is doing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, spankin_panda said:

I was never one to slate Main tbh, and he’s came on bounds since SR took over; one of the early good points. 

As for my thoughts on SR, I said a few weeks back I didn’t think he was the right man & hope he proves me wrong. If/when we pick up some more points against teams we should be looking to compete with… if we do this, then I’ll be back on this thread, eating humble pie for sure. 

in the meantime, there’s been a marked improvement - not just in results but performance too. So, see you, hopefully in a few weeks with a big ‘I’m sorry I was wrong’ 😂

Munching through a slice of it as we speak. Happy to admit I was very wrong. 

Yeah I'm one really couldn't see how Robinson was going to survive the 2 wins in around 20 games from Feb to finish of league cup group stage.

Some of the individual and collective performance's on that run were horrendous but my oh my how he has turned it around I might even have slated him after losing first 2 games and we were bottom of the league.

Highest position in league at this time I think in my 37 years supporting Saints and surely our first ever top 6 finish will follow.

Well played Robbo and the team spirit he has built looks fuc***g brilliant to be part of.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

If I remember correctly i have never said anything derogatory towards our manager .

The last bit of your post reflects what's inside your head. 🤣🤣🤣

PS I don't think you did to be honest.