Joe Shaugnessy

magnus

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not the outgoing I think any of us were hoping for.

I was told about it last week , apparently the financing of the Gogic deal hinged on JS leaving. We still have plenty of cover , so not that bothered !

Contrary to a few of the previous posts, I'll be disappointed if big Joe was to leave us in this transfer window.  IMO he has been a standout player for us since he signed, with only a few shaky moments this season. He also represents a serious up-front option at dead balls or if we're chasing a game close to full-time. If true, we could live to regret letting him go.

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Contrary to a few of the previous posts, I'll be disappointed if big Joe was to leave us in this transfer window.  IMO he has been a standout player for us since he signed, with only a few shaky moments this season. He also represents a serious up-front option at dead balls or if we're chasing a game close to full-time. If true, we could live to regret letting him go.

I agree that he has been a rock in an otherwise shaky defence and nabbed a few goals. Thankfully, we have replacements if he goes.

A decision that seems more about formation than the player's ability, his own future plans must come into it as well.  I think he is a very good player and has done very well for us.  He is looking at a teaching or engineering career after he is done playing and he may be positioning himself for fresh 2-3 year deal, which he might not get from us, that will see him through to maybe a part-time contract as he goes into his next phase.

Shaughnessy has just turned 30 , got a lot of football ahead of him . I’d like to see him continue at saints but if not - good luck to him in his future.

He signed a contract extension in May , presumably with SRs agreement so can’t understand why he may be deemed surplus now with only the addition of Gallagher since . Yes I know Gogic can play CH but I hope not with us. 

Someone said he may be looking at security of a 2-3 year deal , I’m sure there will be many teams lining up to offer that if he does decide to go / or is let go by the club .

Finally , weren’t the Daily Ranger the ones to break the “Story” of Dunne to Aberdeen ?    They trying to sabotage the Buds ? 😏

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

if he goes he will srengthen dundee utd or the fakes or possibly killie

I would guess he wants to move to a club in England. I suspect it's his choice to want a move. The squads evolving with a new manager I wonder if he feels he's ready to move on than see where his role is in SR plans. 

28 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Shaughnessy has just turned 30 , got a lot of football ahead of him . I’d like to see him continue at saints but if not - good luck to him in his future.

He signed a contract extension in May , presumably with SRs agreement so can’t understand why he may be deemed surplus now with only the addition of Gallagher since . Yes I know Gogic can play CH but I hope not with us. 

Someone said he may be looking at security of a 2-3 year deal , I’m sure there will be many teams lining up to offer that if he does decide to go / or is let go by the club .

Finally , weren’t the Daily Ranger the ones to break the “Story” of Dunne to Aberdeen ?    They trying to sabotage the Buds ? 😏

He did.

It was May 2021 though. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Think Gogic has displaced Shaugnessy. Shaugnessy wants to playing ever week. Not surplus to requirement, his decision and is only going to move if someone offers a fee. Just my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, pod said:

Think Gogic has displaced Shaugnessy. Shaugnessy wants to playing ever week. Not surplus to requirement, his decision and is only going to move if someone offers a fee. Just my opinion. 

Gogic wasn’t here on Saturday and Joe was dropped .   

As I said also , I know Gogic can play CH and has done so for Cyprus but I think he needs to be part of our midfield . 

I would prefer us to keep big Joe , there's always injuries and suspensions so we will  probably need him over the course of the season .

Don't think he will be short of offers , and if Joe going allows another one or two to come in I would be reasonably happy . 

Mind this time last year Jim Goodwin was talking up his central defence of Dunne and Shaunessy . 

This week could be quite interesting .

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Gogic wasn’t here on Saturday and Joe was dropped .   

As I said also , I know Gogic can play CH and has done so for Cyprus but I think he needs to be part of our midfield . 

Could be that Joe is already in talks with a team and SR and Joe are playing cards close to their chest.