Joe Shaugnessy

magnus

39 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I hope, assuming the club can afford it that he stayed.

We certainly aren't loaded with to many central defenders. 

If he does goes, hopefully it won't be to an other Scottish club.

Might depend on where he is studying if it’s not the Open University

I was surprised to see him benched on Saturday as I don't seem to remember him making many mistakes in recent weeks (I might be wrong). SR obviously fancies Gogic as one of his 3 central guys based on his comments when he signed. Personally I would rather Joe stayed. There will be injuries and suspensions which will come into play as the season progresses. Baccus will pick up bookings (it just looks like that will be part of his game) and will likely spend some games out where I would hope Gogic would play in his place. Dunne has been better so far this season but I'm not convinced he is consistent enough. Competition for places is healthy, hence I would rather have Joe on board.

2 hours ago, pod said:

and we won away from home. 🤔

I’m well aware of that 🙄

The point I was making was this .
You had said “Gogic has displaced Shaughnessy” - that wasn’t the case on Saturday and still Joe was dropped. - absolutely nothing to do with Gogic imminent arrival. 

Either way ,I welcome Gogic , just hope he’s not deployed at CH . Would rather have Shaughnessy there and Gogic Midfield .

I was told about this rumour at our Premier Sports cup match against FC Edinburgh match. 

I hope Joe Shaungnessy stays.  I like the big chap, he gives everything during a game.  If he feels it's best for him to go then he wil leave with my best wishes apart from when/if he plays against us.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Contrary to a few of the previous posts, I'll be disappointed if big Joe was to leave us in this transfer window.  IMO he has been a standout player for us since he signed, with only a few shaky moments this season. He also represents a serious up-front option at dead balls or if we're chasing a game close to full-time. If true, we could live to regret letting him go.

Aye, this basically sums up my feelings, too. Nothing more to add. :( 

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

I hope, assuming the club can afford it that he stayed.

It was reported by the club chairman recently at a smisa event that we lost “7 figures” last year.

Now if you live in the world of @bazil85 and still believe in stories of the 🦷 🧚‍♀️ that probably means less that £100K.

However most people would read that figure to be upwards of £1M.

We won't know for sure until the accounts are published.

This rumour of Joe S moving on could be because we needed to move on a high earner to capture Alex G.

Or it could be that the Robbo does not like Joe as a player or has had a major fallout with him.

Remember that Joe was a Goodwin signing. Not all newly appointed managers get on well with the old guard signed by the previous manager. 

So it may be a combination of both. Financial and Fallout.

For the record I like him as our captain and player.

Would be sad to see him go as I think we need his experience and goal scoring threat to stay in this league and progress higher. 

6 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

It was reported by the club chairman recently at a smisa event that we lost “7 figures” last year.

Now if you live in the world of @bazil85 and still believe in stories of the 🦷 🧚‍♀️ that probably means less that £100K.

This rumour of Joe S moving on could be because we needed to move on a high earner to capture Alex G.

Or it could be that the Robbo does not like Joe as a player or has had a major fallout with him.

Remember that Joe was a Goodwin signing. Not all newly appointed managers get on well with the old guard signed by the previous manager. 

Would be sad to see him go as I think we need his experience and goal scoring threat to stay in this league and progress higher. 

Or it could be as reported. His game time will be limited with the other CB options & the club won’t likely stand in his way given the interest from Scotland & England. 🤷‍♂️

The losses being reported sound like they’re incorporating in the Covid loan funds (which almost all clubs took) & a hit from the pandemic (again, just like pretty much all clubs) I’m yet to see a shred of evidence that the club is in a worrying financial position. If we were, why have we recently: 

- paid 6 figures for a manager 

- continued to sign players like Gogic

- limited the Glasgow derby clubs to one stand 

Nothing happening at the club suggests financial hardship. Over the last 5-6 years we have been one of the best run clubs in Scotland. 

18 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What’s the story with Finlayson ? Is his loan spell simply a long goodbye ?  

Never understood that one 🤷‍♂️

For his age, he never impressed me that much from what I had seen albeit not very much minutes.

The fact he was loaned out to League 2 last season, when at his age, he should have been playing closer to championship level, maybe shows his ability. 
He has a year left, so wouldn't be surprised if it's just a matter of Linfield paying his last year.

11 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I am not buying the 1 Million loss since we don't have a overdraft with the bank.

I will wait until the annual report come out before wetting my nappies  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

Solid defender who appears to be a decent leader too. Chips in with goals and is usually always fit. That can’t be said of some of our defenders. I’m really very surprised by this story and hope it’s not true 

Good defender and good player, however is he a leader on the pitch?

I don't often see him being particularly vocal on the pitch or organising the rest of the team. 

Might be very different behind the scenes, but I think SR fancys O'Hara as club captain. 

20 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Good defender and good player, however is he a leader on the pitch?

I don't often see him being particularly vocal on the pitch or organising the rest of the team. 

Might be very different behind the scenes, but I think SR fancys O'Hara as club captain. 

Good leader - away at Easter Road last year he was superb in the 2-2 game . I think he is a player who is fit and will play more than others do . Crazy  to let him go if it’s true 

Edited by norrie82

• 1 year later...