Scottish clubs' payments from UEFA?!

W6er

3 hours ago, antrin said:

30 pieces of silver.

I can imagine our BoD were all supporting Rangers last night to receive this money given the alleged financial issues.

At a recent meeting the chairman said that the club over spent last year to the tune of 7 figures. 

If this is true (and we will find out in the published accounts  and subsequent AGM) then serious questions need to be answered by the BoD as to why we were losing circa £3,000 a day in financial year up to 31st May 2021. 

This was a season that was pretty much back to normal apart from the additional costs associated with player testing for covid protocols, creating a red zone and drop in hospitality.

The full covid closure season accounts go up to 31st May 2021.

Information here -https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4440-st-mirren-football-club-ltd-the-annual-report-and-financial-statements

6C947659-F02E-4D23-9E56-8D49FC88B309.jpeg.bf7abdfde89ff930905ef148a3798230.jpeg

So a loss of circa £45,000 for the covid season which is remarkable given we had to implement significant new testing protocols for covid, significantly more transportation costs as multiple buses & cars had to be used to move the players, no fans, no hospitality, legal cases re covid and employed two additional senior staff to deal with specific issues that resulted that season.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3803-chief-executive-statement

I don’t remember our club receiving any transfer or compensation fees during the lockdown season with zero fans in attendance. 

Last season up to 31st May 2022 we received significant transfer and compensation for the departures of McGrath and Goodwin circa £500,000.

Obviously we paid Morecambe £100,000 for Robbo.

So if we had managed to keep McGrath or Goodwin then the loss would have been £400,000 higher if we make an assumption that the  club would finish in exactly the same position in the league and were still knocked out by Hearts in the Scottish cup.

Had that scenario played out that would have increased the daily run rate loss by £1,000 a day which would have seen a true loss of circa £4,000 per day over that season.

These European Solidarity payments will certainly help our club shore up these “projected” losses but we must hold the BoD to account for what exactly happened last season financially off the field. 

I await @bazil85 🤪 pearls of wisdom with zero evidence to the contrary.

🍿😎 

8 hours ago, W6er said:

Now the two cheeks have qualified for the Champions League, how much can we expect to get as a result? Previously I have heard as much as £150k per club.

Can someone reply to my response as the OP has me on ignore. 

A quick google would have found the following 

I found the figures in this article which @W6ercould have easily used Google to find instead of searching for naked images of Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Sunak, Patel, Truss and Dorries.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/why-scottish-football-could-be-better-served-by-rangers-and-hearts-losing-in-europe-this-week/ar-AA10ZmgA

“Bronckhorst’s team could pocket in the region of £20m more from the Champions League than the Europa League, while the equation for the Europa against the Conference could be the difference of £3m. In addition, if the Glasgow twosome are both dining at the top table of European cross-border competition, the monetary morsels for Scotland’s other top flight sides, in the form of solidarity payments, will amount to the healthy dollop of £600,000 (with £400,000 currently guaranteed by Ange Postecolgou’s men direct qualification).”

The UEFA solidarity payments are discussed in this article (for 2018/19 season) 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/0258-0f8e7356606e-623079a4c111-1000--uefa-solidarity-payments-how-they-work/

Scotland are currently ranked 8th in Europe based on 

https://www.footballseeding.com/downloads/uefa-coefficient-ranking-system/uefa-calculation-coefficient-ranking-2022-23.pdf

Given the two Kibble directors both support one side of the bigot brothers they might have been saying last night how good it is that Celtic and Rangers are keeping the rest of Scottish football afloat.

How charitable supporting two clubs who have had the worst history of bigotry, sectarianism and violence in Scottish football.

Getting kickback payments while ignoring that the two most powerful clubs with unparalleled domestic success in Scotland and Europe in comparison to other clubs in Scotland while blatant sectarian songs and chants are ignored by the SPFL, SFA and Police Scotland.

If their clubs fans were singing racist songs or chanting about murdering people from the LGBTQ+ communities would that too be ignored by our governing bodies and the media (TV, radio and papers)? There would be a national outcry and they should be exposed for the blight they cause not just in football but in our society as a whole.

How come the only fines that are issued against these clubs for sectarian chanting and so on are only in UEFA tournaments? 

Scotland’s shame!

Unless they are bringing money in from UEFA so all the governing bodies and media shut eyes and ears to the hatred, stabbings, murders and increased domestic violence that result every time these two clubs meet.

Blood money.

Anyone remember the outcry when St Mirren fans allegedly racially abused and spat on Ruud Gullit in 1985 where he said that “it was the saddest night of my life” in his autobiography.

There was another allegation that Richard Cadette was racially abused at Love St.

We also had media allegations that Aiden McGeady was racially abused at Love St.

There are various other times when our fans sang songs in public mocking disabilities and deaths of other clubs players (McGraw, Shields, McCathie, etc).

All these incidents received significant media reports and our clubs reputation was tarnished.

We are not alone in that respect. Most other clubs fans have had similar issues.

Our club and support have recognised that these songs and chants are wrong and should not be tolerated.  Very rarely these days do you hear such stuff home or away and if you do it’s a small minority. 

Saints fans even eliminated an anti Old Firm song based on the song “Hello Hello how do you do……..etc” with changed lyrics to reflect our hatred for those two clubs exploiting sectarianism and allowing religious hatred to fester everywhere they go.

It is time for the authorities to take action on these clubs. 

Start with fines like UEFA do. Threatening then with partial or full stadium closure for repeat offending as UEFA do with regards racist chanting by fans in European competition.

No Surrender to the Bhigots 

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I can imagine our BoD were all supporting Rangers last night to receive this money given the alleged financial issues.

At a recent meeting the chairman said that the club over spent last year to the tune of 7 figures. 

If this is true (and we will find out in the published accounts  and subsequent AGM) then serious questions need to be answered by the BoD as to why we were losing circa £3,000 a day in financial year up to 31st May 2021. 

This was a season that was pretty much back to normal apart from the additional costs associated with player testing for covid protocols, creating a red zone and drop in hospitality.

The full covid closure season accounts go up to 31st May 2021.

Information here -https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4440-st-mirren-football-club-ltd-the-annual-report-and-financial-statements

6C947659-F02E-4D23-9E56-8D49FC88B309.jpeg.bf7abdfde89ff930905ef148a3798230.jpeg

So a loss of circa £45,000 for the covid season which is remarkable given we had to implement significant new testing protocols for covid, significantly more transportation costs as multiple buses & cars had to be used to move the players, no fans, no hospitality, legal cases re covid and employed two additional senior staff to deal with specific issues that resulted that season.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3803-chief-executive-statement

I don’t remember our club receiving any transfer or compensation fees during the lockdown season with zero fans in attendance. 

Last season up to 31st May 2022 we received significant transfer and compensation for the departures of McGrath and Goodwin circa £500,000.

Obviously we paid Morecambe £100,000 for Robbo.

So if we had managed to keep McGrath or Goodwin then the loss would have been £400,000 higher if we make an assumption that the  club would finish in exactly the same position in the league and were still knocked out by Hearts in the Scottish cup.

Had that scenario played out that would have increased the daily run rate loss by £1,000 a day which would have seen a true loss of circa £4,000 per day over that season.

These European Solidarity payments will certainly help our club shore up these “projected” losses but we must hold the BoD to account for what exactly happened last season financially off the field. 

I await @bazil85 🤪 pearls of wisdom with zero evidence to the contrary.

🍿😎 

You mean apart from us paying six figures for a manager & a complete lack of evidence for financial hardship? 

As has been pointed out to you before, it seems like the confusion has been linked to the Covid loan we took, just like all other top flight clubs bar Celtic. 

You’re desperate for the club to be in financial difficulty, so much so you’re fabricating worry. 

Edited by bazil85

8 hours ago, W6er said:

Now the two cheeks have qualified for the Champions League, how much can we expect to get as a result? Previously I have heard as much as £150k per club.

An other plus is we will have a chance of singing "Champion league, your having a laugh" at both the bigots this season  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, W6er said:

I’m sure I heard on radio that we already had “earned” 400k for sellic qualifying  and another 200k would follow,follow if the new club also qualified 💷💷💷

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You mean apart from us paying six figures for a manager & a complete lack of evidence for financial hardship? 

Are you calling John Needham a liar?

It was our chairman who said it.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

As has been pointed out to you before, it seems like the confusion has been linked to the Covid loan we took, just like all other top flight clubs bar Celtic. 

You’re desperate for the club to be in financial difficulty, so much so you’re fabricating worry. 

Without knowing too much, I'd imagine the overspend as you have said was used to cover losses during lockdown with the loan. These loans have a 0% (I think) 20 year payback period

On 8/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, SuperSaints1877 said:

Are you calling John Needham a liar?

It was our chairman who said it.

club over spent last year to the tune of 7 figures.’ 

This is exactly what he said or are you spinning words from a Q&A which likely link to the impacts of the pandemic & Covid loans? 

On 8/26/2022 at 11:24 AM, bazil85 said:

club over spent last year to the tune of 7 figures.’ 

This is exactly what he said or are you spinning words from a Q&A which likely link to the impacts of the pandemic & Covid loans? 

Bazil - would you like me to produce evidence or facts to back up my claim?

i firmly believe that your theory will be blown up far bigger than all the Blaw Up Betty sex dolls in the world?

You keep claiming that I’m spinning things when you have provided zero fcuking evidence in response to any factual documents I previously supplied.

If you do want me to explain this one more time please can you ensure that your mum is with you when you read it so that she can explain it to you as I really fear you are not capable of absorbing the information.

Failing that please attend one of the following meetings

- the next SMiSA quarterly meeting due around October 2022

- the club AGM for financial year ending 31st May 2022 due around December 2022 or January 2023

These meetings are usually held in the evening around 730pm. 

93B749B6-A47D-4E25-BCA9-2D7D94519110.jpeg.853053357d7721dee2743ed203f93910.jpeg

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Bazil - would you like me to produce evidence or facts to back up my claim?

i firmly believe that your theory will be blown up far bigger than all the Blaw Up Betty sex dolls in the world?

You keep claiming that I’m spinning things when you have provided zero fcuking evidence in response to any factual documents I previously supplied.

If you do want me to explain this one more time please can you ensure that your mum is with you when you read it so that she can explain it to you as I really fear you are not capable of absorbing the information.

Failing that please attend one of the following meetings

- the next SMiSA quarterly meeting due around October 2022

- the club AGM for financial year ending 31st May 2022 due around December 2022 or January 2023

These meetings are usually held in the evening around 730pm. 

93B749B6-A47D-4E25-BCA9-2D7D94519110.jpeg.853053357d7721dee2743ed203f93910.jpeg

I’ve been hearing on here for years we’re in dire straits. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Still in bed, I’ve not long woke up. Will your mum being here do? 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I’ve been hearing on here for years we’re in dire straits. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Firstly are you in denial that St Mirren FC Ltd were in a the most significant financial crisis when Stewart Gilmour and his consortium took control of the club in the late 1990s?

Secondly are you in complete and utter denial of the SEVEN FIGURE debt of £2,000,000 that was going up cause our club to go out of business while we were playing at a crumbling and run down Love Street that was causing significant maintenance costs and issues with meeting modern safety standards in 2007?

An absolutely vital event as important if not more as winning any major domestic trophy in our proud clubs history took place on Tuesday 24th April 2007 when Renfrewshire Council granted detailed planning permission for the new 8,000-seater arena in the Ferguslie Park area.

Sourcehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/6588983.stm

…..a £15m deal to sell their St Mirren Park stadium to supermarket giants Tesco will clear the club's £2m debt.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour said: "This is an historic day. It is the day the club has been saved."

St Mirren Park has been the club's home since 1895.

But Gilmour has welcomed the short move to Greenhill Road.

"We said from the start that the only way the club could survive in its present form and remain in Paisley would be to sell our ground for enough money to pay off our debts and build a new Premier League-standard stadium," he

On Tuesday, Renfrewshire Council granted detailed planning permission for the new 8,000-seater arena in the Ferguslie Park area.

And a £15m deal to sell their St Mirren Park stadium to supermarket giants Tesco will clear the club's £2m debt.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour said: "This is an historic day. It is the day the club has been saved."

"We said from the start that the only way the club could survive in its present form and remain in Paisley would be to sell our ground for enough money to pay off our debts and build a new Premier League-standard stadium," he added

"Thankfully, for the club, the fans, the players and the whole of Paisley and Renfrewshire this has now been achieved.

"We can look forward to a new era of financial stability and hopefully, the success on the park that stability can bring us."

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/v3/end_quote.gif A new stadium can be appealing and hopefully it will attract players to St Mirren http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/v3/end_quote.gif
Gus MacPherson
St Mirren manager

"Thankfully, for the club, the fans, the players and the whole of Paisley and Renfrewshire this has now been achieved.

"We can look forward to a new era of financial stability and hopefully, the success on the park that stability can bring us."

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Still in bed, I’ve not long woke up.

Will your mum being here do? 

What the fcuk does that question actually mean?

If you are implying or suggesting that you are having sexual relationships with my mother who is 87 years old and extremely vulnerable I’d say that says a lot about your state of mind.

She has physical disabilities and brain deterioration due to her age. 

Thing is I was on the phone to her at her home where she lives alone between 830am and 930am. 

I’m now travelling to see her to make sure she is all right. 

I’ve only suggested in the past that you still live with your mum. I’ve never ever been abusive. I may end up having to look after my mum very soon as a dedicated home carer.

While she can still live independently I will visit her every day and help her out, but there is no way I’m putting her in to care until such times as it’s medically or physically impossible for me to care for her.

So I have no issue with that. What you have hinted at suggests something else and I think you should seriously reconsider that question you posed to me 4 hours ago.

If if completely misunderstood that question “Will your mum being here do? then I will be the first to apologise.

Edited by SuperSaints1877

Firstly are you in denial that St Mirren FC Ltd were in a the most significant financial crisis when Stewart Gilmour and his consortium took control of the club in the late 1990s?

Secondly are you in complete and utter denial of the SEVEN FIGURE debt of £2,000,000 that was going up cause our club to go out of business while we were playing at a crumbling and run down Love Street that was causing significant maintenance costs and issues with meeting modern safety standards in 2007?

An absolutely vital event as important if not more as winning any major domestic trophy in our proud clubs history took place on Tuesday 24th April 2007 when Renfrewshire Council granted detailed planning permission for the new 8,000-seater arena in the Ferguslie Park area.

Sourcehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/6588983.stm

…..a £15m deal to sell their St Mirren Park stadium to supermarket giants Tesco will clear the club's £2m debt.

"We said from the start that the only way the club could survive in its present form and remain in Paisley would be to sell our ground for enough money to pay off our debts and build a new Premier League-standard stadium," he

On Tuesday, Renfrewshire Council granted detailed planning permission for the new 8,000-seater arena in the Ferguslie Park area.

And a £15m deal to sell their St Mirren Park stadium to supermarket giants Tesco will clear the club's £2m debt.

"We said from the start that the only way the club could survive in its present form and remain in Paisley would be to sell our ground for enough money to pay off our debts and build a new Premier League-standard stadium," he added

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/v3/end_quote.gif A new stadium can be appealing and hopefully it will attract players to St Mirren http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/img/v3/end_quote.gif
Gus MacPherson
St Mirren manager

I don’t deny either, it doesn’t mean we are in trouble now.

Our accounts over the last 5-6 years have shown us as one of the best run clubs in the country. If people think that has now changed & this isn’t anything more than the Covid loan that almost 100% of clubs took, I’ll wait for the evidence. 

What the fcuk does that question actually mean?

If you are implying or suggesting that you are having sexual relationships with my mother who is 87 years old and extremely vulnerable I’d say that says a lot about your state of mind.

She has physical disabilities and brain deterioration due to her age. 

Thing is I was on the phone to her at her home where she lives alone between 830am and 930am. 

I’m now travelling to see her to make sure she is all right. 

I’ve only suggested in the past that you still live with your mum. I’ve never ever been abusive. I may end up having to look after my mum very soon as a dedicated home carer.

While she can still live independently I will visit her every day and help her out, but there is no way I’m putting her in to care until such times as it’s medically or physically impossible for me to care for her.

So I have no issue with that. What you have hinted at suggests something else and I think you should seriously reconsider that question you posed to me 4 hours ago.

If if completely misunderstood that question “Will your mum being here do? then I will be the first to apologise.

You didn’t miss-understand, it was a joke. A taste of your own ‘mum’ comments which were obviously you lashing out in a troll like fashion.

But the main point here is… it was a joke not a dick, don’t take it so hard. :) (Also a joke) 

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You didn’t miss-understand, it was a joke. A taste of your own ‘mum’ comments which were obviously you lashing out in a troll like fashion.

But the main point here is… it was a joke not a dick, don’t take it so hard. :) (Also a joke) 

He implied that you live with your Mum.

You implied that you are having sex with his Mum.

I fail to see how they are similar or how your comment could be seen as funny.

You should apologise to him rather than do your usual and go on the counter attack. 

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

He implied that you live with your Mum.

You implied that you are having sex with his Mum.

I fail to see how they are similar or how your comment could be seen as funny.

You should apologise to him rather than do your usual and go on the counter attack. 

Bet you’re fun at parties.

Joking about shagging someone’s mum is probably one of the longest standing jokes in comedy. I for one think they’re hilarious, Jimmy Carr is an absolute genius at such jokes (and his mum died 20+ years ago). 👍

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Bet you’re fun at parties.

Joking about shagging someone’s mum is probably one of the longest standing jokes in comedy. I for one think they’re hilarious, Jimmy Carr is an absolute genius at such jokes (and his mum died 20+ years ago). 👍

Quel surprise.

True to form, deflect from your own wrongdoing by turning on me.

Once a Baz, always a Baz.

One word. That's all it would have taken in response to his post. Sorry. That's all.

Noooo... Why use one word when you can go on to verbose defensive post after another.

Irony is, had you apologised to him, I'd have continued to ignore you.

You don't like that though