St Johnstone v St Mirren 3 September 22

Rascal

1 minute ago, antrin said:

I can’t see a not-up-to-match-speed Gogic walking straight into the team that was so successful last week.

I'd expect Gogic to make a fair fist of it, but to tinker with a winning formation…?  SR disnae seem that kind of manager.

There's another week till this game and the tactics should definitely be tweeked when necessary. After all, it's harder to counter attack when the opposition isn't attacking you.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wrong thread. 🤣🤣🤣

No, stupid… I was answering a point made just previous to my.. er.. response to his post.

35 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

The Saintees aren't be expansive so SR's go to tactic of hitting on the break, which the team did to perfection v DU, is unlikely to be as successful. A war of atrition is more likely so I think we'll need Gogic in the middle of the park. If the manager wants to play 3 at the back, I think Joe could be important and I hope we have Tanser back.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

No, stupid… I was answering a point made just previous to my.. er.. response to his post.

The lad is a tad slow Mr A.

Most of us make allowances for him.

He just doesn’t know it.

Back to the match - I can’t recall having  seen us have an easy time of it in Perth. It will be a squad effort if we are to take a point or three.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS. 

They have won ONE game in the league, and taking into account Hearts are shite I'd say we've more than a decent chance of beating them. 

Let's see will we.and it says a lot about your football knowledge if you think Hearts are shite .

St Johnstone looked ok against a depleted Hearts team today, but really lack a cutting edge. Out with Carey, they had very little invention. They scored from a Gordon mistake and a set piece.

If we play to the standards we've recently set, and start being more clinical in front of goal, then there's no reason why we can't come away with 3 points. 

18 hours ago, munoz said:

St Johnstone looked ok against a depleted Hearts team today, but really lack a cutting edge. Out with Carey, they had very little invention. They scored from a Gordon mistake and a set piece.

If we play to the standards we've recently set, and start being more clinical in front of goal, then there's no reason why we can't come away with 3 points. 

I’ve bought my ticket with those thoughts in my mind. Normally a physical and cagey game in Perth.

If there was ever any doubt, last year's mid-season (surprise) run of successful results proved how important it is to keep upward momentum going. Our current run of three straight wins makes Saturday's game at St Johnstone all the more important. A defeat, or even a draw, could deflate the momentum. A victory, any victory, will boost team confidence and keep us rolling on. Must win !!!

2-0 Buddies.