St Johnstone v St Mirren 3 September 22

Rascal

On 8/28/2022 at 4:43 PM, elvis said:

St Johnstone look not a bad outfit.dont see us getting anything  from our next 3 games in my opinion 

Based on what exactly?

The fact they finished 2nd bottom last season, or they've lost their 3 best players and replaced then with dads army? Maybe the one league win so far.

I'm not saying that we'll win on Saturday or even take anything as Perth has always been a difficult hunting ground for us but it's simply not true to say that St. Johnstone don't look like a bad outfit. They look the very definition of a bad outfit at this level.

We are on an upward trend with three wins in the last three games. St. Johnstone are the opposite - on an downward trend with three losses in the last three games. However, reports suggest that they have played fairly well in those games, so they will be looking on this game as an opportunity to get a win and break the trend of defeats.

Looking ahead slightly, we will find it harder to get points from our next two games (v Hearts and Celtic), so it's important to keep up our momentum by winning, or at least drawing, tomorrow's game. St. Johnstone will be thinking they're at home and have a real chance of a win, so we need a repeat of the form and fight we've seen in our three wins right from the start of the game.

Would love to see a win for us, but wouldn't be surprised if we have to settle for a draw. 

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

We are on an upward trend with three wins in the last three games. St. Johnstone are the opposite - on an downward trend with three losses in the last three games. However, reports suggest that they have played fairly well in those games, so they will be looking on this game as an opportunity to get a win and break the trend of defeats.

Looking ahead slightly, we will find it harder to get points from our next two games (v Hearts and Celtic), so it's important to keep up our momentum by winning, or at least drawing, tomorrow's game. St. Johnstone will be thinking they're at home and have a real chance of a win, so we need a repeat of the form and fight we've seen in our three wins right from the start of the game.

Would love to see a win for us, but wouldn't be surprised if we have to settle for a draw. 

Sound analysis. A point or three but we will need to work for it.

40 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Didn't lose to the fakes last season so hopeful that will continue, I predict that no matter what the temp is outside the stadium it'll be cold inside!!

They did only win 8 games all last season, quite a drastic drop in form, scoring a paltry 24 goals in 38 games so not many teams will have lost to them.

It is a shithole of a stadium, must be directly in line with the wind coming from the north pole. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It is a shithole of a stadium, must be directly in line with the wind coming from the north pole. 

You are confusing it with Gayfield! Coldest stadium along with East Fife’s new ground that I have visited. 

Tight game. Both sides need a win soI am going for a draw 1-1. Happy to take the win of course but expect St J to scrap for 90 minutes.

29 minutes ago, Rascal said:

You are confusing it with Gayfield!

No I'm not, I'd suggest almost everyone who's been to Perth will confirm it's fecking freezing, and that's on a good day, the majority of times. 

PS I'm well aware Gayfield can be chilly. 

As for East Fife, only been once, it was fecking miserable, and that wasn't just the weather. 

Edited by faraway saint
Spelling error, don't want antrum getting a semi

@northstbuddie is right, it looks like a strong lineup.  I'm not going as I'm spending the day with my other half. 

McDiarmid Park isn't a ground I have particularly enjoyed visiting in the past.  It reminds me of the stands I used to have when I was younger for my "Subbuteo" set.

I remember being there when Andy Dorman got an equaliser for us.  If my memory serves me well, it was a Scottish Cup match which went to a replay at St. Mirren Park.  Michel Platini was in attendance at the McDiarmid Park match and, when interviewed, described the match as "very Scottish!", which was probably a cotton wool and polite way of saying "it wasn't very good, was it?!"

Anyway, well done to my fellow St. Mirren supporters who are going, I hope you all enjoy the match and as ever, C'mon you Saints! 🔴