St Johnstone v St Mirren 3 September 22

Rascal

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

Scotland are playing the Lionesses?

I didn't see the game today, but was cynical enough to expect nothing. It is difficult to imagine that we were unfortunate to lose, given the score, which was obviously very disappointing, however the match stats wouldn't suggest it was a one-sided affair:

409035076_Screenshot2022-09-0317_25_54.png.63382ad2bf918670c63b9a2f3a5df7e0.png

Did we squander chances like last week? Hit the woodwork? We did have the majority of the possession...

It was a weird game, we didn't create too many chances but were. by some way, the better team.

@portmahomack saint was obviously on the lager today, along with elvis.

Take it on the chin, next week is, IMO, a real chance as Hearts are pish poor.........................oops, should I say that? 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It was a weird game, we didn't create too many chances but were. by some way, the better team.

@portmahomack saint was obviously on the lager today, along with elvis.

Take it on the chin, next week is, IMO, a real chance as Hearts are pish poor.........................oops, should I say that? 

Pish poor f**ksake . They will hump us as for the following  week well doesn't bare thinking about.

54 minutes ago, elvis said:

How we getting beat 3-0 FS said we are by far the better team.

When Elvis says we were the better team, there's got to be some truth to it!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Just hit the crossbar and post, jeezo. 

Lucky white heather? 

They of course won't even count as shots on target!

It definitely strikes me from the stats and some of the comments that we were unfortunate to lose 3-0. As someone else said, I would have taken 9 points after six games.

The only problem is we have yet to play the Old Firm or Hearts...

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Poor defending for all their goals, all could have been avoided. 

Correct. Otherwise We huffed and puffed. Both Baccus and Strain had quieter games with the latter substituted. Both teams were very physical.

22 minutes ago, W6er said:

When Elvis says we were the better team, there's got to be some truth to it!

They of course won't even count as shots on target!

It definitely strikes me from the stats and some of the comments that we were unfortunate to lose 3-0. As someone else said, I would have taken 9 points after six games.

The only problem is we have yet to play the Old Firm or Hearts...

Elvis never said that it was that tit from Arbroath.

4 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

That's a strong looking lineup and based on recent form we should win all 3 points.

However - this is St Mirren and unless SR can make a difference, past experience dictates a 3-0 defeat.

I know Elvis at least will agree with me.

I wish I had been wrong.

We are still leaking goals at the back and are punchless up front. However, the midfield is better than we are used to.

The reality of where we are at present is struggling to survive in the top flight unless we show a sustained improvement at the back and up front.

Well, me being a good luck charm didn't last too long.

I rarely enjoy my visits to Perth and although the weather was kinder than normal I left the ground feeling mugged.

Having read this thread I'm certainly in agreement that there was not much between the two teams and we played good football at times but could do with a real target man up front.

It's more annoying that we could have got something from this game than if we had been truly gubbed.

I've had a lovely tea and we'll have a few drams tonight to numb the pain. 

Although there was little between the teams today we simply didn't turn up compared to our previous League games. All 3 goals were avoidable.

I thought Main and Ayunga in particular were poor. Couldn't control a ball between them nor hold it up. The Fakes matched up our formation giving the wing backs little room to work in. Only Baccus in the midfield was ok but O'Hara improved in the second half. I would have brought on Gogic at half time for Erhahon to give us more bite and urgency in the middle where Carey was dominant for them. Gallagher had a good game but the other two made made several errors in the game.

The best forward today was Greive and he was only on the park for 15 mins. I would start him next week. Onwards and upwards. Surprised to realise we are still in the top six.

Edited by Sonny

Absolute dross performance. How Ayunga played for 90 mins is beyond anyone who was there. Apart from the keeper, only 2 pass marks. Gallagher and Main, and that idiot Robinson took Main off . Baccus, O,Hara and Ethan were woeful. Defending for the goals was shocking. 2 steps forward and 3 back. Not gonna mention Mr Stevens an absolute disgrace. Completely baffling. Ah well on to Tynecastle.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Just finished watching Sportscene. Main talking point for me is , why were we not wearing our famous black and white striped tops.

They should be worn in every match unless there's a colour clash.

You should be in a straightjacket any colour you like

Edited by DougJamie

Were you at the game? Main was worst player on the park...
I'm always at the game. If you knew me you would never have asked. I said Main and Gallagher were the only ones that tried. Ayunga is a lazy fecker. But today he was not the only one. You keep hiding behind your keyboard. Dafty

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Saintees did to us what we've done to others today. 3-0 definitely flattered them. I still feel we should have had Gogic in the middle of the park and played 4-4-2.

Keeping the team as it was was, IMO, wrong.

I said after the game last week that it’s great that we’ve looked good, with a game plan and effective counter attacking. That suited the Dundee Utd and Hibs games, and will do for half the teams in this league. 

The real test of us will come against teams who play us at our own game - sitting in waiting to counter attack - or when we need to come from behind in a game.

That’s where our Plan A of not needing a possession is out the window. The test is how dynamic we can be, and whether we can build pressure, penetrate opposition defences and create real good opportunities.

Motherwell game we drew a blank after going behind. Same again today. 

45 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I'm always at the game. If you knew me you would never have asked. I said Main and Gallagher were the only ones that tried. Ayunga is a lazy fecker. But today he was not the only one. You keep hiding behind your keyboard. Dafty

I thought that the opening period of the game belonged to neither side. They scored and we opened up with the best opportunity falling to Main who had got into good position but delayed his shot. Summed up his day. I’m not sure that I agree with you on Ayunga who, to my mind battled on. I do agree thatGallagher was up for the game.

I thought that the opening period of the game belonged to neither side. They scored and we opened up with the best opportunity falling to Main who had got into good position but delayed his shot. Summed up his day. I’m not sure that I agree with you on Ayunga who, to my mind battled on. I do agree thatGallagher was up for the game.
Your telling you thought Ayunga had a good game. He was was rank. One league he's scored this season. And that was a pen at Aberdeen when we were 3 down. He had a good game at Utd. But apart he's been poor. Normally only last an hour.