St Johnstone v St Mirren 3 September 22

Rascal

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

I'm always at the game. If you knew me you would never have asked. I said Main and Gallagher were the only ones that tried. Ayunga is a lazy fecker. But today he was not the only one. You keep hiding behind your keyboard. Dafty

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolute dross performance. How Ayunga played for 90 mins is beyond anyone who was there. Apart from the keeper, only 2 pass marks. Gallagher and Main, and that idiot Robinson took Main off . Baccus, O,Hara and Ethan were woeful. Defending for the goals was shocking. 2 steps forward and 3 back. Not gonna mention Mr Stevens an absolute disgrace. Completely baffling. Ah well on to Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

I'm always at the game. If you knew me you would never have asked. I said Main and Gallagher were the only ones that tried. Ayunga is a lazy fecker. But today he was not the only one. You keep hiding behind your keyboard. Dafty

Well , naw ye didnae Gary .  You said they were the only ones with pass marks - big difference .  
I have to say, I only saw a total of about 20 mins or so due to the shitty Hesgoals feed but I thought some f**ker had switched mains Boots or tied his laces together !!  
As for “trying” …… so did Alex Bone - doesn’t give a player automatic pass marks. I could pull the boots on and try ,I’d still be f**king hopeless !!!
This was a pre “Main love in” performance from him as far as i could see , let’s hope it was a blip in his “revival” 

Bad day at the office , Hope a few arses were kicked and a few over inflated egos were put in their place , need to be at our best next week. 

Well , naw ye didnae Gary .  You said they were the only ones with pass marks - big difference .  
I have to say, I only saw a total of about 20 mins or so due to the shitty Hesgoals feed but I thought some f**ker had switched mains Boots or tied his laces together !!  
As for “trying” …… so did Alex Bone - doesn’t give a player automatic pass marks. I could pull the boots on and try ,I’d still be f**king hopeless !!!
This was a pre “Main love in” performance from him as far as i could see , let’s hope it was a blip in his “revival” 
Bad day at the office , Hope a few arses were kicked and a few over inflated egos were put in their place , need to be at our best next week. 

I'm not a big Main fan. Sorry I gave you that impression. Nobody gets pass marks for performance. But for effort I gave him and Gallagher a pass mark for effort. As bad as he is, he's still scored more league goals than Ayunga.

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Although there was little between the teams today we simply didn't turn up compared to our previous League games. All 3 goals were avoidable.

I thought Main and Ayunga in particular were poor. Couldn't control a ball between them nor hold it up. The Fakes matched up our formation giving the wing backs little room to work in. Only Baccus in the midfield was ok but O'Hara improved in the second half. I would have brought on Gogic at half time for Erhahon to give us more bite and urgency in the middle where Carey was dominant for them. Gallagher had a good game but the other two made made several errors in the game.

The best forward today was Greive and he was only on the park for 15 mins. I would start him next week. Onwards and upwards. Surprised to realise we are still in the top six.

Nearly right.. they were utter hopeless both of them 

6 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Your telling you thought Ayunga had a good game. He was was rank. One league he's scored this season. And that was a pen at Aberdeen when we were 3 down. He had a good game at Utd. But apart he's been poor. Normally only last an hour.

I didn’t say that I thought that either Ayunga or Main had a good game. I differed in that I thought Ayunga kept plugging away. Only my opinion as yours is your opinion. I agreed that Gallagher had a good match. Carson didn’t have a lot to do but was ok on the day. My disappointments were that Baccus and Strain didn’t reach recent performance levels. I thought we livened up a lot with the substitutions but were, by then going gung ho and this created opportunities for St J to hit us on the break. An up and down season lies ahead.IMO

So, down to earth with a bit of a bump after yesterday. Perhaps we got slightly carried away with our three wins in a row. Yes, we played some nice stuff but it resulted in two 1-0 wins and three goals against Dundee United at their lowest point in some years. Best thing about the three games was the strong defence and the clean sheets. For me, that's the most worrying aspect of yesterday's game. 

SR MUST have them working on defence this week.

One plus point from yesterday - despite losing 3 goals and scoring zero, we retained our place in the top six.

So, on to Tynecastle. Was yesterday just a blip or are we returning to previous poor form? I guess we'll find out next Sunday. One glimmer of optimism. Hearts seem to have hit a sticky patch - out of the League Cup and beaten yesterday - so maybe not as strong as we thought.

AS always..... COYS!

42 minutes ago, pondsman said:

So, down to earth with a bit of a bump after yesterday. Perhaps we got slightly carried away with our three wins in a row. Yes, we played some nice stuff but it resulted in two 1-0 wins and three goals against Dundee United at their lowest point in some years. Best thing about the three games was the strong defence and the clean sheets. For me, that's the most worrying aspect of yesterday's game. 

One plus point from yesterday - despite losing 3 goals and scoring zero, we retained our place in the top six.

So, on to Tynecastle. Was yesterday just a blip or are we returning to previous poor form? I guess we'll find out next Sunday. One glimmer of optimism. Hearts seem to have hit a sticky patch - out of the League Cup and beaten yesterday - so maybe not as strong as we thought.

AS always..... COYS!

I like your thinking!

30 minutes ago, pondsman said:

AS always..... COYS!

I agree. I think we were a bit carried away and complacent. That resulted in carelessness .Some of our passing was dreadful and when the pass did reach its recipient the control of the ball was poor. I exclude Richard Tait from the poor control comment but not Main and Ayunga.  

Just as an aside listening to the radio on the way back Michael Stewart (one of my least favourite people ) seemed to be sneering at us . I don't think he has ever rated us. Shelley Kerr was not dissimilar. She was probably still smarting from the Rangers score. I assume neither were at the game but seem to be able to talk with great authority about it . Perhaps I'm just imagining their dislike for us and it's me smarting from a score I didn't like .

10 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Dafty? Feck judging by your picture if i started calling you names i would be here all-night....

I deliberately choose not to get involved in any of the stuff that goes on on the forum but this is way over the top pal.

I'm biting my tongue but I'd like to see you say that in person especially if me and a few mates were there.

I'm raging and this is absolutely out of order and there should be something done about you.

4 minutes ago, Wooden Saint said:

I deliberately choose not to get involved in any of the stuff that goes on on the forum but this is way over the top pal.

I'm biting my tongue but I'd like to see you say that in person especially if me and a few mates were there.

I'm raging and this is absolutely out of order and there should be something done about you.

:happyclapper:happyclapper:happyclapper

Having now watched the “highlights” coupled with what I managed to catch on Hesgoals,  I couldn’t believe this was the same Saints team who kept three successive clean sheets .
A bang average Saintees team carved us open at times - I’m starting to get the fear now for the Septic Game in two weeks time 😬😬😬

I think well Need to be contacting McGills to see about hiring a bus to park 🚌 

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It was a weird game, we didn't create too many chances but were. by some way, the better team.

@portmahomack saint was obviously on the lager today, along with elvis.

Take it on the chin, next week is, IMO, a real chance as Hearts are pish poor.........................oops, should I say that? 

Exactly my take on the game. We were the better team but looked slightly flat and short of ideas.

We move on.

Watch an hour of it and my impression was the Fakes wanted it more.

Think it showed we are not as good as we maybe thought we were. 

There is just no consistently in us and most of the league, and nobody apart from the bigots will likely go on a long run of wins. 

It will be an normal season from us, some good, some bad and some ugly games. 

20 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

I wish I had been wrong.

We are still leaking goals at the back and are punchless up front. However, the midfield is better than we are used to.

The reality of where we are at present is struggling to survive in the top flight unless we show a sustained improvement at the back and up front.

I said before the game that we would have to line up differently for this one. Saintees were never going to be as expansive as Hibs etc. For all the goals were self inflicted, I stand by what I said in as much as things may have been different if we had the likes of Gogic in midfield.

We hopefully learn and move on. Hearts are in a poor state ATM, so here's hoping.

Edited by stlucifer

26 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Moving forward if Tanser is fit then he starts for me As Tait is ok a stop gap but he doesn’t have the legs for the wing back position and it showed yesterday.

I don't think we should have used wingbacks., Weshould have went toe to toe in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Control the midfield, control the game.

Watch an hour of it and my impression was the Fakes wanted it more.
Think it showed we are not as good as we maybe thought we were. 
There is just no consistently in us and most of the league, and nobody apart from the bigots will likely go on a long run of wins. 
It will be an normal season from us, some good, some bad and some ugly games. 

If our players were consistently good they probably wouldn't be with us - at least not for long. It seems that they all had their off day at the same time, which means they should all be back on track for Hearts game. Suits me.

34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I don't think we should have used wingbacks., Weshould have went toe to toe in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Control the midfield, control the game.

Yip I agree mate but if we are sticking with the wing backs then Tanser has to start. I would of started Kiltie and Gogic yesterday as well as they were brilliant against them in Perth at the end of the season, I’m not the manager though. I think we might see the team freshened up against hearts with a few changes.

19 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Yip I agree mate but if we are sticking with the wing backs then Tanser has to start. I would of started Kiltie and Gogic yesterday as well as they were brilliant against them in Perth at the end of the season, I’m not the manager though. I think we might see the team freshened up against hearts with a few changes.

I'm going to have some of this as I've already stated Hearts are all over the place right now............................

image.thumb.png.3b731c98bce6c6500bd8e7aa6fd3c140.png

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm going to have some of this as I've already stated Hearts are all over the place right now............................

image.thumb.png.3b731c98bce6c6500bd8e7aa6fd3c140.png

Yip iit’s good price mate. Let’s hope Strain is fit as Henderson is a weak link and the 2nd goal proved that yesterday, it’s no coincidence Goodwin rarely started him and either has Robinson, he’s a feather duster that can’t do the basics like tackle or track a man.