Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 13/1/23

shull

On 8/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, shull said:

Could be played on a Sunday.

Watch this space.

:)

I have just looked at Hearts Website and there is no mention of ticket sales for this match. The one after is shown with a note saying that it’s likely to be moved to the Sunday. It looks like our match planned for 10th will go the same way.

• shull changed the title to Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 11/9/22
Tickets only from ticket office. Complete opposite from Dundee United which was online only. Would like some consistency. No pay at the door as usual.

Our Leeds United tickets drop into the Apple wallet - they run a completely paperless system - This allows us to buy from our phone direct.

We should have all options available every game watching Saints

Online - with QR/BARCODE email or an E-ticket

Over the counter option for those wishing to buy in person

Pay at the gate for those deciding on the day card or cash

Not rocket Science

Why are we ruling out the options making it as difficult as possible for fans ?

Why are we still talking about it and it’s not been addressed?

great post, Scott-Leeds!

It is just… stupid.  I gave up caring when their online system refused to recognise my email address (which had worked well for decades - still does, but not with their system.  Sigh.).

When I’m in Paisley, I’ll happily go to games…. but only if Buddies (in the best sense) buy my ticket.  I won’t be arsed jumping through hoops to pass over my dosh.

”difficult” is being generous… :(

3 hours ago, guinness said:

Tickets only from ticket office. Complete opposite from Dundee United which was online only. Would like some consistency. No pay at the door as usual.

None of the six of us live near Paisley or even in the Glasgow area. None of us can get to the ticket office. Does that mean that we won’t be able to attend. Strange, since all 6 of us live in Stirling, Edinburgh. SE Borders and all are St Mirren Season Ticket Holders! Madness

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Nice time to be playing them - sandwiched between a game against Istanbul on the Thursday and a trip to Riga the following Thursday. Teams in Scotland tend to take their eye off the ball a little between European games so hopefully we get a chance to get a rare result at Tynecastle.

I'd rather we were playing them this weekend.

They were very poor in both European games and getting turfed out of the League Cup by Killie suggests they are there for the taking at this point in the season. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Nice time to be playing them - sandwiched between a game against Istanbul on the Thursday and a trip to Riga the following Thursday. Teams in Scotland tend to take their eye off the ball a little between European games so hopefully we get a chance to get a rare result at Tynecastle.

I agree. It’s very difficult for teams in Europe to maintain form in the league. Not impossible as Celtic and the Govan team have shown but they have huge squads.

Our ticket office called me today to tell me that Hearts have supplied St Mirren with Paper Tickets and that is why there are no online sales. If you want to go the choices are 1. Someone goes to the ticket office to buy. 2. Tickets can be bought by phone or email and paper tickets sent by post but postage costs will apply and of course no guarantees that they will arrive in time.

In 1973 I travelled to Glasgow to buy tickets from a newsagents on Paisley Road West (Buchanans I think it was) for the Scotland v Czechoslovakia World Cup qualifier at Hampden.  The tickets were on sale at a number of shops throughout Scotland but you could also get them from Hampden either by queuing up or sending them a cheque or postal order with a stamped addressed envelope.

Isn’t it amazing the progress we have made in almost half a century.

16 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Our Leeds United tickets drop into the Apple wallet - they run a completely paperless system - This allows us to buy from our phone direct.

We should have all options available every game watching Saints

Online - with QR/BARCODE email or an E-ticket

Over the counter option for those wishing to buy in person

Pay at the gate for those deciding on the day card or cash

Not rocket Science

Why are we ruling out the options making it as difficult as possible for fans ?

Why are we still talking about it and it’s not been addressed?

Saint give all those options for home fans, apart from a cash gate which you don't need since you can buy a ticket on the day with cash.

Don't know if away fans can still buy on the day as they used to. 

Some of our lower league clubs also don't sell on the day to away fans. 

It is something that really need to be address by the arseholes who run Scottish football .

On 8/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, shull said:

Could be played on a Sunday.

Watch this space.

:)

Well - you were right Mr S. Sunday 11th it is. Hearts have a lot on their plate with European and League football so who knows, maybe we will get a result. I have a feeling though (must be mixing with @elvis ) that we will need to score at least two goals to win there.

On 9/1/2022 at 7:57 AM, faraway saint said:

I'd rather we were playing them this weekend.

They were very poor in both European games and getting turfed out of the League Cup by Killie suggests they are there for the taking at this point in the season. 

Aye, Hearts are falling apart, another defeat yesterday.

Not sure what's gone wrong but they are  vulnerable and we probably won't have a better chance of picking up 3 points. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We are looking to do an old farts pub crawl on either side of this game since it been a few years since we have been in the capital.

If anybody knows of any trains issues on the day, i would appreciate any info about it. 

I would check The Trainline and Scot Rail. 

Last time at Tynecastle we had a great meal at a small Spanish Tapas Themed restaurant not far from the stadium. Enabled us to get there early and get parked close to the ground which suits my present impaired walking just fine. Will have a look to see if they are pen on a Sunday. Not cheap, very few seats but good quality. It will be my last game for a few months as I have the first of two hip replacement surgeries coming up , so might as well make a day of it. COYS

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Last time at Tynecastle we had a great meal at a small Spanish Tapas Themed restaurant not far from the stadium. Enabled us to get there early and get parked close to the ground which suits my present impaired walking just fine. Will have a look to see if they are pen on a Sunday. Not cheap, very few seats but good quality. It will be my last game for a few months as I have the first of two hip replacement surgeries coming up , so might as well make a day of it. COYS

Good luck with that! Keep us all posted. :)