Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 13/1/23

shull

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Is it inaccurate?  :unsure:

I thought THAT was what happened to her...

I must admit to having been very sceptical about the (over) reaction to that event.

She was a nice looking woman, seems to have been a good mother and was for a time married to the heir to the throne.

Above all, she was a celebrity. Great to build conspiracy theories about the deep state and the occupants of Buck House around. 

53 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Without a doubt , best contribution to the forum in a long long time 😎👍

It certainly put me in my place....     :(

(I pay zero attention to Royal celebs -any celebs - don't read tabloids, seldom see tv - and then only obscure stuff, in the main.  I don't know 90% of their names nor care - though that might fail me in the odd pub quiz. I really don't care for them.)

Edited by antrin

21 hours ago, antrin said:

It certainly put me in my place....     :(

(I pay zero attention to Royal celebs -any celebs - don't read tabloids, seldom see tv - and then only obscure stuff, in the main.  I don't know 90% of their names nor care - though that might fail me in the odd pub quiz. I really don't care for them.)

Ha ha. I was reading your post and was about to reply saying “I don’t want you in my pub quiz team” but then I finished reading it 🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well depending on how much you’re prepared to stretch a point, you could say that the Scottish football authorities are forcing clubs to mourn. 

Not even stretching it.

Games are cancelled, what people do in that time is entirely up to them, a million miles away from being "forced" to mourn. 

Drama. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Not even stretching it.

Games are cancelled, what people do in that time is entirely up to them, a million miles away from being "forced" to mourn. 

Drama. :lol:

I read it differently. Football has been cancelled because it is deemed inappropriate by the football authorities at a time when we should all be mourning the death of her madge. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I read it differently. Football has been cancelled because it is deemed inappropriate by the football authorities at a time when we should all be mourning the death of her madge. 

I read it the same way. It is perhaps telling about attitudes towards football and football fans by the establishment. Are we not to be trusted to act with due respect. The fact that other sporting events have been allowed to go ahead. I find this deeply insulting. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It wasn't the Monarchy who insisted upon that though, but the SPFL. I think it was the wrong decision by them, but then again if we held a minute's silence would fans have respected it? Probably not - and I believe they have every right not to, btw.

I will miss the football today, and I won't pretend I'm mourning. I support the Monarchy, and I'm slightly saddened by her death, but then she was 96 years old! She wasn't immortal. 

10 minutes ago, W6er said:

wasn't the Monarchy who insisted upon that though, but the SPFL. I think it was the wrong decision by them, but then again if we held a minute's silence would fans have respected it? Probably not - and I believe they have every right not to, btw.

I will miss the football today, and I won't pretend I'm mourning. I support the Monarchy, and I'm slightly saddened by her death, but then she was 96 years old! She wasn't immortal. 

Erm….I know. That’s why I said in my post “the football authorities”. Not sure what your point was there. 

10 minutes ago, W6er said:

It wasn't the Monarchy who insisted upon that though, but the SPFL. I think it was the wrong decision by them, but then again if we held a minute's silence would fans have respected it? Probably not - and I believe they have every right not to, btw.

I get that W6er It seems that the Royal Family can move along more quickly than the rest of us. Hip, Hip, Hooray this morning at the Proclamation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 12:03 AM, Slarti said:

Can't understand why the game is not being played on Wednesday 19th October when both sides are free. Instead we get a date that is liable to be inconvenient for a number of people and with a greater chance of weather postponement.