Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 13/1/23

shull

Shocking decision for the penalty. We've had 2 or 3 like that go against us this season. 

Thought we played really well tonight, 2nd half especially. Hearts were happy to slow things down. 

Deserved at least a point. 

Got to give a big shout out...  for a depleted team to perform like that is a total credit to the manager and his staff,  We have a lot to look forward too and on that performance 4th place is no pipe dream...  the new lad looked like he'd been here all season and looks a good addition to the squad 

So proud of the boys tonight 

Just watched the game back on Alba. A real sore one for us.
The shithoosery from the likes of Neilson, Snodgrass and the Hearts bench was an ugly watch, especially trying to get Baccus sent off.

A wee break or a bit more composure from us and we would’ve come away with something. 

No doubting the effort that our depleted team put in at a difficult venue, lead by Gogic who was s warrior for us tonight.

Considering the pens awarded against us this season we should be feeling hard done by with our shout at the death. Would’ve been the least  we deserved. 
Hard one to take tonight but the one silver lining is that if we were getting more breaks this season we would be 3rd or 4th in league and Robinson would be attracting quite a few clubs. 

Edited by Balmullo Bud

Watched the late show.  In Gaelic.

hugely impressed by the consistent work rate, effort and energy shown by what was a (relatively) makeshift team.  A St Mirren I could be proud of.   I am.   :)

THAT is the real and surprising pleasure from SR’s management!

wrong result, of course… but I still believed they’d get something - deep into the extra 5 minutes.

KTF

In the cold light of day, well it's still dark but you get mt drift, feel really down about the result last night.

It says a lot how far we've come when we're disappointed losing unfairly away to the 3rd best side in the league.

That's two games against them and it's only a slice of bad luck and a lack of composure that's stopped us taking 4 points rather than 1. 

Like most seasons we're lacking a striker who can score goals, and that, with maybe a midfielder who can chip in with a few, is the biggest thing missing for our team IMO.

We're the 3rd WORST scoring team in the league, with none of our players in the top 18 scorers in the league. 

Pity we didn't hang onto Shankland, who wasn't deemed good enough by some of our support. 

Very disappointed not to take a draw from that game last night, that one wee lapse cost us the goal, thought we were far the better team in the second half - as many have rightly said a bit more composure (and luck) the ball would be hitting the back of the net more.

Referee (and linesman) gave us nothing and how that wasn’t a penalty I’ll never ever know.

Gogic was absolutely outstanding (a complete titan), we are very lucky to have him and special praise should go to Taylor and Main too. In fairness the whole team worked extremely hard.

If we keep going like this the points will come - plenty to be positive about.

Lastly, the atmosphere what electric at that match last night, felt like the most exciting game I’d been at for years - immense!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to come on and post last night but I was scunnered.

We have been equally as good as Hearts over the last two games and if we had a Frank McGarvey we would have won both games.

It's worth mentioning that Hearts had been scoring for fun before the last two games so we should recognise our team are defending well and that includes our midfielders.

My two mates who watched last nights game with me were saying the same that we are close to a very good side.

Let's stay positive, we could have a season to remember here as we have the manager and are only a player or two short. 

46 minutes ago, Wooden Saint said:

I was going to come on and post last night but I was scunnered.

We have been equally as good as Hearts over the last two games and if we had a Frank McGarvey we would have won both games.

It's worth mentioning that Hearts had been scoring for fun before the last two games so we should recognise our team are defending well and that includes our midfielders.

My two mates who watched last nights game with me were saying the same that we are close to a very good side.

Let's stay positive, we could have a season to remember here as we have the manager and are only a player or two short. 

I was about to post something similar to this but totally agree.

We are an exciting, well drilled and fit team.  Hearts were lucky to escape with the 3 points. It turns out that Robbo’s appointment has been a good one.

If Hearts though are Scotland’s third best team then if they hold that position a Euro mauling in August is assured.

A mate of mine suggested he’d rather see a team like us in Europe just for the variety. Why not?

We finally have a manager who knows how to set a team up and get them fit. 

We missed Strain last night. Our delivery into the box was poor. 

Apart from the move for the goal we played the better stuff. 

Luck was also against us. And Refs love to book Baccus for some reason