Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

13 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Agreed. There was  ,in my view, no logical reason to postpone last weekends games . Given that the games  actually were postponed it would be illogical for next weekends games to go ahead much as I want them to. No games on the day of the funeral would have been perfectly respectful and adequate . SFA and SPFL have screwed up and they probably know it.

On reflection the Hearts game on Sunday probably couldn't have gone ahead due to policing and other logistical difficulties in Edinburgh. There was nothing to stop the Saturday games though.

23 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

On reflection the Hearts game on Sunday probably couldn't have gone ahead due to policing and other logistical difficulties in Edinburgh. There was nothing to stop the Saturday games though.

To be fair. Police resources in the city would have been stretched. I get that. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Is it true there being asked to play God save the king there will be a riot if that's true.

It’s a “suggestion” from the SPFL . Clubs are asked to consider a minutes silence and / or play the national anthem before kick off . 
I won’t be at the game anyway but if I was, I’d do the silence as a mark of respect .

As for the anthem ? Not a f**king hope in hell 👎.  I didn’t sing for Liz , there’s no f**king chance I’m gonna belt it out for her boy 😡

On the flip side however , can you imagine the scene in the North Stand ? 😂😂

57 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It’s a “suggestion” from the SPFL . Clubs are asked to consider a minutes silence and / or play the national anthem before kick off . 
I won’t be at the game anyway but if I was, I’d do the silence as a mark of respect .

As for the anthem ? Not a f**king hope in hell 👎.  I didn’t sing for Liz , there’s no f**king chance I’m gonna belt it out for her boy 😡

That's what I mean there would be a riot.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I respect the Queen and will honour a minutes silence but I'll be joining the Celtic support in booing the English national anthem.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What a rebellious Scot you are.

Ha Ha Ha 

35 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

well if it is at the discretion of the club, at a televised match, my preference is that it is played.  People outside the country know less about the behaviour of celtic fans and St Mirren will be wrongly highlighted as the only club not playing it purely because it is on the telly

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Sky confirming the game is now being shown on Sky Sports Football, it's been moved off Sky Sports Main event and replaced by Brentford v Arsenal!

The Chelsea game is off on Sunday after the clubs and authorities consulted with Police ,local authorities and presumably other emergency services yet the Brentford V Arsenal London derby goes ahead ?  Doesn’t make sense 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

In the interest of balance should that not then be followed by the Sex Pistols - God SaveThe Queen? Seriously though it could backfire horribly to insist on the national anthem at that match.

Isn't the national anthem Flower of Scotland?

35 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm sure you know what I meant by that, the worry would be that because the game is at home our town, club and supporters would be tarred by the same brush as the neanderthals of the away support.

I agree, and said as much yesterday. 

I'm sure you know what I meant by that, the worry would be that because the game is at home our town, club and supporters would be tarred by the same brush as the neanderthals of the away support.

It definitely crossed my mind that I really don’t want the possibility of Celtic fans being disrespectful at our stadium live on TV

That’s not to say they would, but we all know the history