Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

24 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

He basically called Wooden Saint a liar for claiming that "he" had met people who didn't, so a wee bit more than " he said he'd never met one who didn't."

Now, go look out the window and tell us if it's raining and leave this to the grownups. 😉

Er… he didn’t call him a liar, “basically” or even tangentially.   He agreed that they could be decent people until you get into the teams they support, then all those that stlucifer had encountered were bigoted supremacists.

(last phrase all mine, just interpreting.  :)  )

it’s probably still raining on the east coast.

He basically called Wooden Saint a liar for claiming that "he" had met people who didn't, so a wee bit more than " he said he'd never met one who didn't."

Now, go look out the window and tell us if it's raining and leave this to the grownups. [emoji6]

Saying "I don't believe you" is not necessarily calling someone a liar, e.g. the person could honestly believe what they are saying but be wrong.

That, however, is irrelevant anyway. Not one thing he said means "they all do". If you want to expand the limited group(s) he was talking about to include "all" then that's up to you, but doing that is exactly the same thing that he is being accused of.

Anyway, they all PROBABLY do at least think that, even if they don't voice it in certain company. [emoji16] :whistle

23 minutes ago, antrin said:

Er… he didn’t call him a liar, “basically” or even tangentially.   He agreed that they could be decent people until you get into the teams they support, then all those that stlucifer had encountered were bigoted supremacists.

(last phrase all mine, just interpreting.  :)  )

it’s probably still raining on the east coast.

13 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Sorry but I don't believe you. I have NEVER met a @rsechheek fan who didn't believe we needed them and who didn't think they were more deserving than the rest of of the clubs in Scotland. If you don't think your mates  say this then my only conclusion is that they are dumb in the vocal sense or you are deaf.

Quote in bold, he is calling out the truth, or lack of, in Wooden Saints post.......I'll leave you to the semantics and pedantics (you seem to revel in that area), enjoy the rest of your day old boy.

23 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Saying "I don't believe you" is not necessarily calling someone a liar, e.g. the person could honestly believe what they are saying but be wrong.

That, however, is irrelevant anyway. Not one thing he said means "they all do". If you want to expand the limited group(s) he was talking about to include "all" then that's up to you, but doing that is exactly the same thing that he is being accused of.

Anyway, they all PROBABLY do at least think that, even if they don't voice it in certain company. emoji16.png :whistle

I know it's not "all" either way.....I have my own individual experience and knowledge of that, I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

13 minutes ago, alanb said:

I will probably stand and do nothing. How that is perceived by others matters nothing to me.

I personally think that "clapping", in this instance, is horrific (I'll caveat that by saying if all SPFL games are doing the same then fair enough). I'm no royalist but would be happy enough to hold respectful silence for one minute for someone that has died whether I have a connection to them or not, I've done it times aplenty at other grounds etc

This game on Sunday is gaining publicity for all the wrong reasons,

Celtics manager is having to come out and ask his teams supporters to behave.

Its shocking we have to be subject to any sectarian bile, its times like this

we see Catholic and Protestant Football teams and their ideology forced

upon us in our stadium which is for Football matches not displays of

sectarianism.

Ange Postecoglou says Celtic want fans 'to be respectful' as Queen's death is marked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62930468

Edited by renfrew156

My job means I interact with fans of both @rsecheeks throughout the West and North  of central Scotland and I stand by what I said. MOST are perfectly reasonable and relatively intelligent UNTIL we start discussiing football. Then they become different animals. A typical example is our choosing not to give them a second stand. Their indignation stems from the fact they actually believe, to a man, that it is their RIGHT to have that second stand and can't understand why we would not invite them in as they alone keep our club afloat.

ETA.

On anumber of occassions I discussed the late rangers with them. While refusing to accept the demise of their club I ask a few of them what would they say if it were St. Mirren who ripped off maany firms and resurrected themselves. WOuld it still be St. Mirren I had many answers but all similar. It would be different because Saints don't have "their" history. No sense. Well, just a sense of entiitlement.

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

This game on Sunday is gaining publicity for all the wrong reasons,

Celtics manager is having to come out and ask his teams supporters to behave.

Its shocking we have to be subject to any sectarian bile, its times like this

we see Catholic and Protestant Football teams and their ideology forced

upon us in our stadium which is for Football matches not displays of

sectarianism.

Ange Postecoglou says Celtic want fans 'to be respectful' as Queen's death is marked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62930468

Unfortunately Scotlands obsession and involvement with sectarianism means we will be forever associated with this type of behaviour. 

You should be well aware that England,  with all its issues, isn't blighted with this shite.

Sunday will be a disaster for Scotland, football will, sadly, be the loser. 😞

Unfortunately Scotlands obsession and involvement with sectarianism means we will be forever associated with this type of behaviour. 
You should be well aware that England,  with all its issues, isn't blighted with this shite.
Sunday will be a disaster for Scotland, football will, sadly, be the loser. [emoji20]

Let’s hope it’s not as bad as we suspect

The precursor was obviously the banners at their European game

I don’t want this potential nonsense live on tv at our stadium ( or anywhere else )

Fingers crossed, but, let me tell you this… The police won’t deal with it at the time IF anything happens

Anyway, I predict 1-3 but hopefully I’m wrong in a positive way

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sunday will be a disaster for Scotland, football will, sadly, be the loser. 😞

England has enough "shite" to be dealing with. 

As for the minute applause, its probably the correct call. Any/few royalists among the Saints support can show their appreciation, whilst the rest will probably do nothing at all.

Any reaction from the Celtic fans will probably be warranted. 

I don’t want this potential nonsense live on tv at our stadium ( or anywhere else )

Fingers crossed, but, let me tell you this… The police won’t deal with it at the time IF anything happens

It's not something for the police to deal with, they won't be breaking any laws.

56 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:

It's not something for the police to deal with, they won't be breaking any laws.

The way things are going, i wouldnt be surprised if fans not standing and clapping vociferously will be arrested for not being respectful. Faraway will be taking freeze frames of the crowd and naming anyone who isnt being mournful enough.

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

The way things are going, i wouldnt be surprised if fans not standing and clapping vociferously will be arrested for not being respectful. Faraway will be taking freeze frames of the crowd and naming anyone who isnt being mournful enough.

While you run about shrieking "nonce".

What a state.  🙄

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

By the way, could you keep this tripe to other threads and try to keep this to fitba? 😴

12 hours ago, Slarti said:
13 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Whilst I will be enthusiastically showing my appreciation, I agree with you and think folk should be able to show their contempt. This isn't North Korea. People should be free to be obnoxious scumbags, if they choose.

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Thanks to Saints changing the date and time of the match, none of our three season tickets will be used. Probably a blessing in disguise as it’s likely to be a mauling by Celtic anyway. 

You're probably right, @elvis...I mean @Saint@Johnstone.

Edited by W6er