Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Thanks to Saints changing the date and time of the match, none of our three season tickets will be used. Probably a blessing in disguise as it’s likely to be a mauling by Celtic anyway. 

Got 3 season tickets too.. and I don't like these early kickoffs either.. don't remember ever being at one.. but having voted to keep the family stand for the good and righteous people of Paisley I'll be going from now on 

3 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Thanks to Saints changing the date and time of the match, none of our three season tickets will be used. Probably a blessing in disguise as it’s likely to be a mauling by Celtic anyway. 

Saints changed the date?

I must have missed that one

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Unfortunately Scotlands obsession and involvement with sectarianism means we will be forever associated with this type of behaviour. 

You should be well aware that England,  with all its issues, isn't blighted with this shite.

Sunday will be a disaster for Scotland, football will, sadly, be the loser. 😞

Nothing new here...who cares if wee fuds misbehave... now if the SPFL gave us 3 points because sectarnian junkies cant keep a lid on it for a minute that would make a stance...but they wont... 

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Nothing new here...who cares if wee fuds misbehave... now if the SPFL gave us 3 points because sectarnian junkies cant keep a lid on it for a minute that would make a stance...but they wont... 

At the end of the day, they have a right to voice an opinion. Even unfurl their "reasonable" banners against the monarchy. the rangers didn't get pulled up for the sillhouette of the dead queen at their recent game. If you allow one side to show support for the royal lineage then you should allow the other to condemn them. It's called freedom of speech. A rule too many in the establishment think it right to run roughshod over.

Edited by stlucifer

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

At the end of the day, they have a right to voice an opinion. Even unfurl their "reasonable" banners against the monarchy. the rangers didn't get pulled up for the sillhouette of the dead queen at their recent game. If you allow one side to show support for the royal lineage then you should allow the other to condemn them. It's called freedom of speech. A rule too many in the establishment think it right to run roughshod over.

Aye, freedom of speech, even if it's inflammatory and insulting.

My arse. 👎

6 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Same for our six season tickets. All will miss the match. 

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Are you comparing a "tifo" tribute display to banners saying "F*** the Crown" and similar banners supporters of the Green mob may display tomorrow?

I'm not a "Royalist" but appreciate who Queen Elizabeth II was.  I'm a bit interested in the ceremonial aspects of the Royal Family.  I probably would have been be happy for it all to end with Queen Elizabeth II but let's be realistic, that's not going to happen.  Instead of letting their existence upsetting me and "eating away" away at me, I'm quite happy enjoying the traditional parts of it and not getting upset over them.

Edited by Percy Veer
Didn't need an "it".

21 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Maybe you should check this out, it certainly DOESN'T give arseholes a free hit on every subject they might think is their right.

Section 4 of the Public Order Act does provide some sensible restrictions. 

https://care.org.uk/cause/religious-liberty/free-speech-law

Maybe you should check this out, it certainly DOESN'T give arseholes a free hit on every subject they might think is their right.
Section 4 of the Public Order Act does provide some sensible restrictions. 
https://care.org.uk/cause/religious-liberty/free-speech-law
It isn't used when the hunns are up to their knees in ******** blood.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, elvis said:

Al these people condemning the royal family .I wonder how many will refuse the public holiday if offered to them .Not a one I would suspect.

An excellent point Elvis. I can just see the queues of people waiting to get into work. Definite hypocrisy.

I would hope that Saints fans at the match are respectful, whether or not, they are republicans and stand to show respect. Clapping optional. I would hope that the majority, if not all, of the visiting fans can do the same or at least remain quiet if they don’t join in the clapping. 

It’s no surprise to any of us that the Celtic /   Rangers thing finds its base in the activities of England and later, Britain in building and running an empire.

Starting with Ireland before others with military, economic, political, cultural and religious control as their main levers. 

The Plantation and it’s impact is still with us both in Ireland and in Scotland. 

We had fewer civil rights issues than NI and have thankfully been able to make political progress.  To say we had none would be wrong. 

Until the 1960’s there was fairly well known barriers to employment for catholics. 

Anecdote: In the 1970’s the organisation I was with was growing quickly and recruiting . I recall my Rangers following assistant saying to me: “You need to be careful Ricky. That’s two in a row now. People will talk.” When I asked him what he meant he said: “They are catholics and so is the person you favour this time.” I ignored him. He did accuse me of “Being bigoted against bigots” . I pleaded guilty.

There will be many such stories, I am sure. I hope this is in the past.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ireland

That doesn't make it right ANYTHING people think can be spoken out loud. 
FFS mate, in the bigger picture that's a crass attempt to justify open season. 
No it doesn't make it right. With freedom of speech comes responsibility. And the Public Order Act should be used when necessary. However the law picks and chooses when it is going to act. Sectarian songs are sung every week and the law chooses to ignore it which undermines the law and encourages even more abuse of freedom of speech.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

What a load of pish... freedom of speech... ha ha.... do you live in a cardboard box ? What the ugly sisters do is hatred... a fkd up Ireland jump in a ferry and bring their bile here .  Nothing to do with Popes... Queens  and Corgis...more Bobby Sands.. 1690 .. and just trying to inflame sectarinism...if your ok with that then your an even bigger fud ... my god there are some fkin morons on here

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

An excellent point Elvis. I can just see the queues of people waiting to get into work. Definite hypocrisy.

Stupid statement, (As usual). There is no hypocrisy. The companies decide to close their gates. Workers don't get a say. Almost everything will be closed so it's more like a day wasted.

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

What a load of pish... freedom of speech... ha ha.... do you live in a cardboard box ? What the ugly sisters do is hatred... a fkd up Ireland jump in a ferry and bring their bile here .  Nothing to do with Popes... Queens  and Corgis...more Bobby Sands.. 1690 .. and just trying to inflame sectarinism...if your ok with that then your an even bigger fud ... my god there are some fkin morons on here

You say hatred. They say justice. What right have you to decide what they believe? They aren't attacking an individual. They're attacking an institution. You really have to seperate your hatred for all thing republican.

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You say hatred. They say justice. What right have you to decide what they believe? They aren't attacking an individual. They're attacking an institution. You really have to seperate your hatred for all thing republican.

You seriously think Rangers and Celtic scum sing freedom of speech... oh dear ..  as i said fkin morons taking over this forum.. this has nothing to do with republics ..apart from the one in Ireland... main reason i have followed Saints since an early age..dont have to indulge with this west of scotland crap... 

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

You seriously think Rangers and Celtic scum sing freedom of speech... oh dear ..  as i said fkin morons taking over this forum.. this has nothing to do with republics ..apart from the one in Ireland... main reason i have followed Saints since an early age..dont have to indulge with this west of scotland crap... that your peddling

22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Stupid statement, (As usual). There is no hypocrisy. The companies decide to close their gates. Workers don't get a say. Almost everything will be closed so it's more like a day wasted.

Totally correct.  My options were - day off no pay, use one of my holidays. The reason for this was , we got a day off for the jubilee.