Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh my, silly season is back. 🤣🤣🥱

How can you be country when another entity can declare  war on a third party and you are involved without being asked.. If the British Government declared war on Russia we would be involved whether we liked it or not. We are not a sovereign nation. We are British arse!ickers.

1 minute ago, guinness said:

How can you be country when another entity can declare  war on a third party and you are involved without being asked.. If the British Government declared war on Russia we would be involved whether we liked it or not. We are not a sovereign nation. We are British arse!ickers.

🥱🥱🥱

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Stupid statement, (As usual). There is no hypocrisy. The companies decide to close their gates. Workers don't get a say. Almost everything will be closed so it's more like a day wasted.

We are in agreement when it comes to your final sentence. I know that nobody on the forum or elsewhere who happen to be on holiday on the Monday would ever think of asking to add a day onto their holiday entitlement. No way.

4 minutes ago, Rascal said:

We are in agreement when it comes to your final sentence. I know that nobody on the forum or elsewhere who happen to be on holiday on the Monday would ever think of asking to add a day onto their holiday entitlement. No way.

IF somone had a holiday prearranged, the PUBLIC holiday would take precedence and the original holiday would be reimbursed. Nobody should need to request anything so your argument is moot.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

You seriously think Rangers and Celtic scum sing freedom of speech... oh dear ..  as i said fkin morons taking over this forum.. this has nothing to do with republics ..apart from the one in Ireland... main reason i have followed Saints since an early age..dont have to indulge with this west of scotland crap... 

You picked a mighty strange reason for choosing your allegences at such an early stage in your life. But still. Anyone who disagrees with you is a fckin moron so that does make you much more tolerent,

21 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Turning into a complete farce this carry on, personally I don't like or dislike the monarchy, I just don't give a flying fcuk about them one way or another.. 

In saying that I suppose I'll stand and clap like most of the crowd will, I'll probably feel like a hypocrite but if it keeps the peace then so be it...

Nobody needs to clap Prince Andrew the dirty bastard already has the clap,

he had to see the royal surgeon to scrape his galloping knob rot.  🤢

That Prince Andrew interview - Page 2

Edited by renfrew156

I'm going to take time out tomorrow and watch this game but I'm dreading the build up so I'll just turn on at kick off. 

I suspect this will be a tough game where every player will be required to work really hard which is the minimum we should expect. 

I'll be glad this week is over with the utmost respect to the departed Queen as this focus on non football issues is really a difficult read on the forum. 

3 minutes ago, Wooden Saint said:

I'm going to take time out tomorrow and watch this game but I'm dreading the build up so I'll just turn on at kick off. 

I suspect this will be a tough game where every player will be required to work really hard which is the minimum we should expect. 

I'll be glad this week is over with the utmost respect to the departed Queen as this focus on non football issues is really a difficult read on the forum. 

I think most people will glad when this week is over for various reasons. 

As for the important thing, i just hope we can be competitive tomorrow. 

I dont need Elvis to tell me we wont win tom but nothing really to lose apart from goal difference... this is a really top team we are playing apart from 30 mins against Real Madrid eh the best team in the world .... still COYS ... stranger things have happened just i cant think of any just now... 11 buses required

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What's the worst case scenario if we lose? 

We remain 8th but either Well or Hearts or both will gain point(s) over us. If they draw today and we win 1-0 we go straight to 3rd on a level with Livi (points and goal dif). 2-0 and we are a clear 3rd (if they draw).

Edited by Sonny

I can't make up my mind whether to go to the match.

I could watch on TV with the sound off to avoid the commentary and pundits.

Also avoiding being present and witnessing a probable gubbing with gloating Celtic fans.

And not knowing what to do during the minute's applause. I am definitely not pro-monarchy, but I would stand, primarily to annoy the Celtic fans, but no applause as I would not want to participate in drowning out them making a fool of themselves.

However, I would like to witness them being a*seholes without it being blocked by Sky TV. 

Edited by ianmac

There is no such thing as freedom of speech. If you say something outside the Norm a law will be found to prosecute you. There is no such country as Scotland . We are a smal! Part of the  British State.

Scotland isn't a sovereign nation, you are correct, but it IS a CONSTITUENT COUNTRY of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So, you're kind of right and wrong at the same time.

Totally correct.  My options were - day off no pay, use one of my holidays. The reason for this was , we got a day off for the jubilee. 

My work is closing for it, so I have no choice but not to go in (although I would have been working from home anyway). I don't have to use a day of my holiday allowance, thankfully. I have, however, a job that I can do remotely, that I have deliberately left since Thursday, (it'll take 10 minutes) so that I can make the symbolic gesture of working tomorrow before spending the rest of the day avoiding the media coverage.

IF somone had a holiday prearranged, the PUBLIC holiday would take precedence and the original holiday would be reimbursed. Nobody should need to request anything so your argument is moot.

It's a BANK Holiday, not a PUBLIC holiday. Apart from that, if your work decides to close for it, you MAY get reimbursed any holiday that you've booked for that day, depending on your company's policies.

I would never disrespect anyone who has passed away, unless of course they were the scum of the earth, but today unless someone can convince me by 12 noon that the Queen was a die hard Saints fan and never missed a game when she was at Balmoral Castle I won't be clapping I'll just stand and observe a minutes silence to show my respect,

The Monarchy means little to me and neither does any Pope and I don't mean that in a bad way