Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

3 minutes ago, shull said:

6331 at Greenhill Road 

Go Buddies, Go Buddies,
Go Buddies, Go Buddies, Go Go Go! 😎

Proud of our boys.

We were criticized for keeping our family stand for home fans rather than take easy money from both halfs of the old firm by giving them the stands behind both goals.

Had Celtic fans been behind both goals today, would we have managed that result?

I'm not sure.

We are trying to build a support for the present and secure a support for the future. 

Putting our own fans ahead of easy money at a financial cost.

It is exactly what a majority fan owned club has to do.

It is exactly what I wanted as I saw it as short term financial loss for long term gain at every level of the club.

Many of our own fans were no better though...

So many critics...

Take the money.
Main is shoite. Get rid of him.
Robinson out. Clueless!

I supported the club's ambition. Brave, bold, at a cost but visionary.
I never gave up on Main as I saw how he played under Robinson before. The manager had faith in him. That was enough for me.
I kept faith in Robinson as I could see he was trying a radical overhaul! Sure, pre season was concerning... But as I said at the time, look at Fergies start at Saints and at Man Utd!  Change takes time, patience and support.

Fantastic result today. Everyone contributed though a shout out for Ayunga Strain and Erhahon. Ange in his interview credited us for how we executed the game. Buried two of the three excellent chances we made, made it really difficult for Celtic who never truly tested Carson and only created one clear chance. They had an off day and we took full advantage.

Please now don’t waste this all with a disaster against Livingston in two weeks time

Firstly. I'd like to thank the board for their bravery in not giving them the second stand. I personally don't think that result would have happened if they had both of them. 

Secondly, although I think it only right that, if you make a statement on something for, then you open the door for protests against, I do believe the Celtic support went a little too far.

Thirdly, and most importantly, as far as I'm concerned, that win betters the 4-0 one. Celtic were on a low with a manager the players didn't want. This win was against a multimillion pound team who are supportive of their manager.  We were so disciplined that Celtic didn't have a decent shot on target all afternoon. That in itself would have been impressive but for us to actually get the victory is something that will shock Scottish football insiders. We were meant to be cannon fodder for this all powerful side. So much so that, initially, they played a weakened side. Toward the end of the game they tried to go gung ho with a 3-3-4 but still our lads limiteed their attempts. So proud of all of them today.

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Firstly. I'd like to thank the board for their bravery in not giving them the second stand. I personally don't think that result would have happened if they had both of them. 

Secondly, although I think it only right that, if you make a statement on something for, then you open the door for protests against, I do believe the Celtic support went a little too far.

Thirdly, and most importantly, as far as I'm concerned, that win betters the 4-0 one. Celtic were on a low with a manager the players didn't want. This win was against a multimillion pound team who are supportive of their manager.  We were so disciplined that Celtic didn't have a decent shot on target all afternoon. That in itself would have been impressive but for us to actually get the victory is something that will shock Scottish football insiders. We were meant to be cannon fodder for this all powerful side. So much so that, initially, they played a weakened side. Toward the end of the game they tried to go gung ho with a 3-3-4 but still our lads limiteed their attempts. So proud of all of them today.

Well said. 👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Just to put your nose out of joint, I did manage to make the game. Sorry your team lost. 😆

I'm glad you made it. :)

However, are you feeling okay? I am a season ticket holder and a member of SMISA. My team won. 😇 🏁

I was trying to console you, btw, thinking you might have missed a great game.

Honestly I have never been so proud of our team. All outstanding played for the badge today and credit to SR he had a game plan the team were well drilled in and they played for each other. 

I couldn't pick a player of the match today as everyone done the shirt proud. 

Today is a proud day to be a saints fan.