Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

22 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Exactly. I have always maintained that we lose more home fans when we give them two stands. Not only that but it was a much more enjoyable experience for our fans and a less toxic atmosphere. We cannot put money before our own fans again...although as you point out there was no loss in terms of numbers attending. 

Crowd numbers slightly down (260ish) on last season but quite a few fans doing a kilt walk in Edinburgh

12 hours ago, shull said:

So if Celtic have had an other 1600 fans there, (family stand) the ground would have been full  :shockaroony

No chance would the amount of fans in the family stand have filled the rest of the ground.

Seem to me the club is counting season ticket holders, regardless if they were there. 

Also wonder how many of them were in the home end. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So if Celtic have had an other 1600 fans there, (family stand) the ground would have been full  :shockaroony

No chance would the amount of fans in the family stand have filled the rest of the ground.

Seem to me the club is counting season ticket holders, regardless if they were there. 

Also wonder how many of them were in the home end. 

How do you know that displaced fans would’ve turned up in another part of the ground? I’d say there’s a fair chance that they wouldn’t have.

Can’t believe that after the numbers prove we are not really any worse off than the last game, you’re still championing that stance. You’re having a shocker mate. 

What a day yesterday and what a game.

When my brother, my son and I got there, as usual my son wanted to go to the shop, so we did before heading round to the west stand. An older gentleman and his younger son standing at the ticket office asked me if I could help them out.

They had been there for ages and they travelled up from Wales to come to the Saints game, but we're not Registered at the start of the season, so couldn't get tickets.

They needed 3 as their friend was coming too. After speaking to them for a bit I happily helped them out being a season ticket holder.

Tickets came to 96 quid and they gave me 120. They told me to keep the change for helping them and get my son something from the shop.

I hope the 3 of them enjoyed it as much as the 3 of us did!

I have to say that each game that goes by I am loving Ryan Strain. What a player he was. Hopefully he isn't too bad after having Jota (or Floppa as my son calls him for his falling over all the time) in his back pocket for big spells of the game.

I have to say my favourite players to watch currently are Strain, Baccus and O'Hara. They work their socks off and love the Aussie rules bumps and blocking both Strain and Baccus were doing to noise them up too. Beautiful to see.

Main had a great game again. I know not a prolific goal scorer, but he does so much under Robo that he didn't or couldn't under Jim's instructions. It is great to see him get some free kicks for him for a change too.

My voice is very hoarse today.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Sonny said:

Hopefully another bonus today was Stevie Clark in the stand. Surely he couldn't fail to be impressed with Gallgher's performance.

Funnily enough I was talking to a good friend of mine yesterday about that after the match. Unfortunately as things this way have gone in the past, Gallagher wearing wrong coloured strip to be considered. I hope this these days is not the case. I would also like to add there were others that should really gave Clarke some food for thought after that performance yesterday being Erhahon, O'Hara and Fraser. And why not.

1 hour ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Maybe wrong here but there was a suspiciously large group in S1 yesterday who didn’t appear to get too excited at either goal and a fair number of them left with more than 10 mins to go.  Possibly guests with no allegiance to either team.

Morton fans ? 😄

1 hour ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Maybe wrong here but there was a suspiciously large group in S1 yesterday who didn’t appear to get too excited at either goal and a fair number of them left with more than 10 mins to go.  Possibly guests with no allegiance to either team.

Could they be using the community season tickets distributed to schools.

I'd suspect every school that received season tickets will have a clamour for them when it's either celtic or rangers visiting and the ST's are like a back door for some supporters who couldn't get tickets for the away end.

What a performance from the Buds,absolutely outstanding Not having this “sellic didn’t perform” pish Sellic didn’t perform because we didn’t let them perform

Sellic fans in our end?I was at the ground quite early As I waited on my pals arriving I tuned into 4 sellic fans discussing their planned entry They were going to chap the big door used for disabled entry and they’d picked the one with a female steward They were going to rush it when the door opened Obviously it was my duty to pass this info on to another steward and their plan was thwarted I gave them a wee friendly wave as I entered the turnstile 😂There we’re 2 sellic fans sitting in front of us They stood out by not celebrating the 1st goal I had a wee laugh with them as we returned to our seats at half time To be honest I have no problem with that as long as they remain anonymous and those 2 lads were fine,if it had ended up 0-0 you wouldn’t have known who they supported May I also say I was surprised with the sellic fans protest,I thought it would have been worse I would call it a respectful showing of disrespect 🤔

A few beers were had after the game Court Bar,Argyll,Bankhouse,Bull Inn and meant to be the Balnagowan but I decided to keep walking when we got there and headed home Don’t know when I crashed out but i wakened at midnight still clutching the Chinese carry out menu in my hand

The Court Bar is the best St Mirren pub in the town

A great day out and a brilliant performance from everyone connected with SMFC

Proud to be a Buddie 🏁🏁🏁

30 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Could they be using the community season tickets distributed to schools.

I'd suspect every school that received season tickets will have a clamour for them when it's either celtic or rangers visiting and the ST's are like a back door for some supporters who couldn't get tickets for the away end.

You could be right.  There is a photo over on P&B of the celebrations following the second goal and there are a fair number in the stand sitting with their arms folded so to them GIRFUY!