Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

How do you know that displaced fans would’ve turned up in another part of the ground? I’d say there’s a fair chance that they wouldn’t have.

Can’t believe that after the numbers prove we are not really any worse off than the last game, you’re still championing that stance. You’re having a shocker mate. 

Let me try again since i don't understand your post.

Our west, east and north stand hold around 6400, roughly what the crowd was given. 

In my opinion, there were far more empty seats in the west and east stand than they were fans in the family stand. 

Numbers proved nothing since plenty of clubs always give the crowd as the number of tickets sold, not the actual numbers that turned up. 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

What a performance from the Buds,absolutely outstanding Not having this “sellic didn’t perform” pish Sellic didn’t perform because we didn’t let them perform

Sellic fans in our end?I was at the ground quite early As I waited on my pals arriving I tuned into 4 sellic fans discussing their planned entry They were going to chap the big door used for disabled entry and they’d picked the one with a female steward They were going to rush it when the door opened Obviously it was my duty to pass this info on to another steward and their plan was thwarted I gave them a wee friendly wave as I entered the turnstile 😂There we’re 2 sellic fans sitting in front of us They stood out by not celebrating the 1st goal I had a wee laugh with them as we returned to our seats at half time To be honest I have no problem with that as long as they remain anonymous and those 2 lads were fine,if it had ended up 0-0 you wouldn’t have known who they supported May I also say I was surprised with the sellic fans protest,I thought it would have been worse I would call it a respectful showing of disrespect 🤔

A few beers were had after the game Court Bar,Argyll,Bankhouse,Bull Inn and meant to be the Balnagowan but I decided to keep walking when we got there and headed home Don’t know when I crashed out but i wakened at midnight still clutching the Chinese carry out menu in my hand

The Court Bar is the best St Mirren pub in the town

A great day out and a brilliant performance from everyone connected with SMFC

Proud to be a Buddie 🏁🏁🏁

Thank for scaring the shit out of me with your photo  :lol:  but glad you get home safely. 

45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Let me try again since i don't understand your post.

Our west, east and north stand hold around 6400, roughly what the crowd was given. 

In my opinion, there were far more empty seats in the west and east stand than they were fans in the family stand. 

Numbers proved nothing since plenty of clubs always give the crowd as the number of tickets sold, not the actual numbers that turned up. 

So by that token, the last game against Celtic would’ve quoted numbers in exactly the same way?? And there were only 200 odd more fans at that game. 
I don’t understand your point? Whatever way you cut it, the new stance has not financially disadvantaged us in any significant way as it was predicted it would. 

35 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So by that token, the last game against Celtic would’ve quoted numbers in exactly the same way?? And there were only 200 odd more fans at that game. 
I don’t understand your point? Whatever way you cut it, the new stance has not financially disadvantaged us in any significant way as it was predicted it would. 

And gives us a better chance of securing a fanbase for future generations as I predicted it would. Baz laughed. Baz derided my optimism, vision and ambition for our club. Baz assured us it was financial suicide. Baz supported the old firm fans being behind both goals. Baz owes us an apology! 

47 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

And gives us a better chance of securing a fanbase for future generations as I predicted it would. Baz laughed. Baz derided my optimism, vision and ambition for our club. Baz assured us it was financial suicide. Baz supported the old firm fans being behind both goals. Baz owes us an apology! 

Incoming!!!!!

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don't know how the club counted last season.

My point is i don't believe there were around 4730 fans, Saints and Tics in the home end yesterday .

That is it, you want to believe that, that is fine.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I don't know how the club counted last season.

My point is i don't believe there were around 4730 fans, Saints and Tics in the home end yesterday .

That is it, you want to believe that, that is fine.

I think we might be talking at cross purposes.

Just say it has turned out to be the correct decision to only give them one stand and I’ll know we’re on the same page. 👍

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think we might be talking at cross purposes.

Just say it has turned out to be the correct decision to only give them one stand and I’ll know we’re on the same page. 👍

It is the right decision regardless how many are in the home stands. 

Only person likely not to agree will be Baz.

8 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Saints own we tribute to the Queen against Celtic was weirdly coincidental

Scoring 43rd and 53rd minutes = 96

Celtic fans were an embarrassment

OR. If you take away the 43 from 53 you get 10. 2010? The last time we beat them at home in the league.

(PHEW. Glad I got away with that!)

Edited by stlucifer

A fantastic performance and one that will live long in the memory. I too had the pleasure of three Celtic fans next to me in main stand but my six year olds constant signing must have annoyed them immensely. They stood out alright . Back to the game and tactics were magnificent the application was unbelievable and what a squad of players we now have . I can’t remember a stronger squad in all my time following saints back to 1987. 

On 9/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Helmettroll said:
1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I’ve seen the supposed stats on possession, but it certainly didn’t feel like that

I felt we were very comfortable the whole game, it’s the best I’ve seen a game plan executed for some time

It did feel comfortable in comparison to those stats. We did let them build from the back but were so well drilled and sharp in our own half. When we actually got hold of the ball, we were composed, used it well right through the team, broke really quickly and it was sticking up front. It was brilliant.  

Another thing that went on our favour was a decent ref for a change. He wasn’t falling for the diving from the Celtic players. Some refs cave in to the big 2 up here, but he had a really solid game.  
Still buzzing from the performance and result.