Saint Mirren v Celtic 17 September 2022

Rascal

11 hours ago, norrie82 said:

A fantastic performance and one that will live long in the memory. I too had the pleasure of three Celtic fans next to me in main stand but my six year olds constant signing must have annoyed them immensely. They stood out alright . Back to the game and tactics were magnificent the application was unbelievable and what a squad of players we now have . I can’t remember a stronger squad in all my time following saints back to 1987. 

I guess it depended on which way your six yo’s fingers were facing…

image.jpeg.605f8b3b5e9d915a5e074f2bc8112e3b.jpeg

5 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I’ve seen the supposed stats on possession, but it certainly didn’t feel like that

I felt we were very comfortable the whole game, it’s the best I’ve seen a game plan executed for some time

I agree, I also noticed that the customary 15-20 minutes for old firm coverage was reduced to less then 9 minutes on Sportscene on Sunday night.  More coverage was given to Motherwell v Hearts which must be a first.  The result will be roundly dismissed as a blip on Celtic's record rather than a creditable win.

I loved Postecoglou's comments at the end of the game on the radio suggesting that the use of a game plan was somehow a bad thing

1 minute ago, alanb said:

Just watched ref watch on sky sports and Dermot Gallagher said our second goal would be disallowed if VAR existed in Scotland ( a clear push on Ralston (Duffy))

Cue more salty tears from the easy offended 

Nationality- Irish. 

Nothing to see here.

6 minutes ago, alanb said:

Just watched ref watch on sky sports and Dermot Gallagher said our second goal would be disallowed if VAR existed in Scotland ( a clear push on Ralston (Duffy))

Ah yes, that would be the same Dermot  Gallagher who was critical of wonderful VAR a couple of weeks ago saying the officials made the wrong call AFTER consulting VAR ?  

f**k him , f**k them 😡😂

VAR is a crock of shite.

It's use should be limited to 'did the ball cross the goal line or not"

Being adjudged to being off side by a toe or the width of a bawhair is a load on rubbish.

Goals is supposed to be the aim of the game but VAR favours defences.

Any part of your body onside, you should be deemed onside.

5 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

VAR is a crock of shite.

It's use should be limited to 'did the ball cross the goal line or not"

Being adjudged to being off side by a toe or the width of a bawhair is a load on rubbish.

Goals is supposed to be the aim of the game but VAR favours defences.

Any part of your body onside, you should be deemed onside.

Overall I disagree. 

The only part of the body that should be deemed offside is the foot, not an arm as that, IMO, doesn't give an advantage.

It also doesn't favour the defence any more that it favours forwards, its impartial. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Overall I disagree. 

The only part of the body that should be deemed offside is the foot, not an arm as that, IMO, doesn't give an advantage.

It also doesn't favour the defence any more that it favours forwards, its impartial. 

I agree that the arm isn't included as you cannot score with your arm, whilst I meant goalscoring body parts, that wasn't clear.

Did you see the Juventus goal disallowed by VAR recently.

VAR checked player positions in the box & failed to look across the pitch. If he/she had, there was a player playing the "scorer" onside by a yard.

I think Harry Kane had a goal disallowed as he pointed to where he wanted a ball played & his pointing finger was ahead of the defenders.

7 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I agree that the arm isn't included as you cannot score with your arm, whilst I meant goalscoring body parts, that wasn't clear.

VAR checked player positions in the box & failed to look across the pitch. If he/she had, there was a player playing the "scorer" onside by a yard.

I think Harry Kane had a goal disallowed as he pointed to where he wanted a ball played & his pointing finger was ahead of the defenders.

I understand there's been some decisions that are questionable but many more are the correct decision and that, for me, will always be preferable to human error. 

It's a continual myth about the Old Firm getting unfair decisions, this will debunk that. 

1 hour ago, alanb said:

We didn’t need a second goal anyway 😂

I understand there's been some decisions that are questionable but many more are the correct decision and that, for me, will always be preferable to human error. 
It's a continual myth about the Old Firm getting unfair decisions, this will debunk that. 

Or maybe it will confirm it.

Personally, I think it will just reduce the amount of decisions made by refs during play and lots will just be "referred to" VAR. So, it may not be that they will have vastly more decisions overturned than other teams, they may just get less decisions awarded to them off the bat.

5 hours ago, alanb said:

Amazing how far they will go to make excuses!

this guy lives in the town where I live, Banbury, and see him frequently at the local gym where he can be seen wearing a Celtic top!! I think that sheds some light on his perception. 
Makes it even sweeeeeter 😀

Amazing how far they will go to make excuses!
this guy lives in the town where I live, Banbury, and see him frequently at the local gym where he can be seen wearing a Celtic top!! I think that sheds some light on his perception. 
Makes it even sweeeeeter [emoji3]
Are you wearing a St Mirren top to the gym this week, then? [emoji16]

6 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

IF, and forgive me for doubting, the VAR official/referee declared offside because of a finger, they don't know their own rules. Only a part of the body that can be used to legitimately play the ball is deemed to be onside/offside. A finger cannot be the cause of a player being deemed offside.

8 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I agree, I also noticed that the customary 15-20 minutes for old firm coverage was reduced to less then 9 minutes on Sportscene on Sunday night. 

Advertised as extended highlights of Celtic, St.Mirren game. Obviously before result was known. 

Not been on in a while - but had to comment on this - even though its old news now.

What a result - and potentially a real turning point for Robinson and the Buddies. We looked comfortable for most the game.

Now just to get Livi sent packing and then hopefully a wee upset at Ibrox 🙂

20 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Not been on in a while - but had to comment on this - even though its old news now.

What a result - and potentially a real turning point for Robinson and the Buddies. We looked comfortable for most the game.

Now just to get Livi sent packing and then hopefully a wee upset at Ibrox 🙂

I’m a believer! But each game is going to be a battle