Free Season Tickets for Primary Schools

34 minutes ago, shull said:

The Primary School children will be back at St Mirren Park in the future. They will be in our away end wearing their blue or green scarves and chanting their sectarian ditties.

I hope not Mr S.

Mine didn’t!

45 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I hope not Mr S.

Mine didn’t!

Nor mine .

Although in my Primary School class, only me out of 30 pupils supported St Mirren. The rest were blue vermin minded.

Some did venture to Love Street during the Fergie era but all did revert back to the bigotry and sectarianism of Ibrox.

FECKEM 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Nor mine .

Although in my Primary School class, only me out of 30 pupils supported St Mirren. The rest were blue vermin minded.

Some did venture to Love Street during the Fergie era but all did revert back to the bigotry and sectarianism of Ibrox.

FECKEM 

I get your frustration Mr S

One of the reasons I started going to games was through free tickets through primary school, and I know a few others the same who still go(and we’re all in our 30s now), great initiative! The 70 pound under 12s season ticket was great too! Made it easier for my parents to keep their son happy 😂!

Edited by mattman

When I was a kid they regularly handed out free tickets at old love street. My mate who I go to the football now his family are all blue noses. He's a proud buddy. The days we used to go definitely pushed him from the dark side. Great for parents taking kids that may be put off taking them to an old firm shit show full of sectarian bile that a family ticket is a great way to enjoy football as a family. 

On 8/30/2022 at 7:56 PM, shull said:

Nor mine .

FECKEM 

Shull, if you don't mind me asking, what primary school?

I had a couple of St Mirren supporting classmates in primary too. They are still St Mirren diehards, as are their families.

My best mate is a rangers supporter, i've brought his (now) 12 year old son to a few St Mirren matches over the past couple of seasons, he now talks about 'us' & 'we' when talking about St Mirren & got his 1st season ticket this season.

Some heads will be swayed. I have no doubt. 

Nonetheless, it's a great initiative that will hopefully prove successfull for St Mirren whilst enhancing The Club' stature & community club credentials.

13 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Shull, if you don't mind me asking, what primary school?

I had a couple of St Mirren supporting classmates in primary too. They are still St Mirren diehards, as are their families.

My best mate is a rangers supporter, i've brought his (now) 12 year old son to a few St Mirren matches over the past couple of seasons, he now talks about 'us' & 'we' when talking about St Mirren & got his 1st season ticket this season.

Some heads will be swayed. I have no doubt. 

Nonetheless, it's a great initiative that will hopefully prove successfull for St Mirren whilst enhancing The Club' stature & community club credentials.

Primary school in Barrhead.

I went to a combination of Langcraigs and Foxbar primary schools between 1971 and 1978 and most of my pals were Saints fans. In fact I’m struggling to think of any who actively supported the old firm. 
And @antrin, before you have a go at me for using the term “old firm”, they definitely did exist back then 😀😀

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I went to a combination of Langcraigs and Foxbar primary schools between 1971 and 1978 and most of my pals were Saints fans. In fact I’m struggling to think of any who actively supported the old firm. 
And @antrin, before you have a go at me for using the term “old firm”, they definitely did exist back then 😀😀

My kids went to Primary School from 1973 till around 1980. The Govan team were not having their most successful runs and Aberdeen and Dundee United were starting to push their noses in. The group of friends my sons had still go the watch St Mirren on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Primary school in Barrhead.

Cheers, that bit was obvious. Carlibar, Springhill or Cross Arthurlie.

My class at Auchenback in the 70's was fairly mixed with St Mirren & the other 2. There was a Partick Thistle fan in the year above.

2 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Cheers, that bit was obvious. Carlibar, Springhill or Cross Arthurlie.

My class at Auchenback in the 70's was fairly mixed with St Mirren & the other 2. There was a Partick Thistle fan in the year above.

Springhill. I think I knew the Jags fan in your school. ( CM )

When I went to Barrhead High, thankfully there was many more Saints fans, especially around the time of Fergie's Furies. Still outnumbered substantially by Ibrox bigots. St Lukes would have been overwhelmingly Celtic minded.

Diddy club fans are the minority in most towns, cities and villages in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Springhill. I think I knew the Jags fan in your school. ( CM )

He lived on Blackburn Square, can't remember his name (GH rings a bell though).

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Diddy club fans are the minority in most towns, cities and villages in Scotland.

my wife is from Helmsdale (Sutherland), some of her family & friends caught the bus from Brora Rangers ground to Govan. 480 mile return trip to watch shite.

In adulthood, they're not so interested in football these days.

Edited by Kombibuddie

49 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

He lived on Blackburn Square, can't remember his name (GH rings a bell though).

my wife is from Helmsdale (Sutherland), some of her family & friends caught the bus from Brora Rangers ground to Govan. 480 mile return trip to watch shite.

In adulthood, they're not so interested in football these days.

He stayed in Springfield Drive opposite Willie Barr's farm.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:50 PM, faraway saint said:

It seems Shull was the only one in a cauldron of Rangers supporters, almost explains his obsessions with them. :lol:

Quite why he thinks he can remember that EVERY other person was a Rangers supporter only confirms he's not all there. :1eye

My school was basically a caldron of Rangers fans with a very few saints fans scattered in with the Catholic School a 5 minute walk away being a caldron of Celtic.

Nothing better than being a bud and loving your home town and team. 

10 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

My school was basically a caldron of Rangers fans with a very few saints fans scattered in with the Catholic School a 5 minute walk away being a caldron of Celtic.

Nothing better than being a bud and loving your home town and team. 

Funny that, I don't recall any group being one or the other, we just played football every day.

The teams we supported wasn't a big issue in primary school. 

Maybe you went to the same school as shull? 

Edited by faraway saint