UK league Structure - Where would Saints sit?

Rascal

Watching our league leaders being outplayed tonight, I thought again of which league they would play in , and us, if the English and Scottish Leagues combined. My guess is that the top 2 would be Championship to Lower Top League. I would place Saints in League 1 or 2 in a combined league. Harsh or Optimistic?

Edited by Rascal

• Rascal changed the title to UK league Structure - Where would Saints sit?

31 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Watching our league leaders being outplayed tonight, I thought again of which league they would play in , and us, if the English and Scottish Leagues combined. My guess is that the top 2 would be Championship to Lower Top League. I would place Saints in League 1 or 2 in a combined league. Harsh or Optimistic?

Another pointless thread with an absolutely inaccurate surmisation as, if any of our clubs played in  the English Leagues, their money would be closer to matching others in the league. This would mean, undoubtably, the bigots would, initially, have resources to match most of the also rans in the Premiership and would likely end up with more than most.. There is no logic to your "guess".

ETA. My "guess" is, if your mother had baws, we'd all have a little more peace/

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Another pointless thread with an absolutely inaccurate surmisation as, if any of our clubs played in  the English Leagues, their money would be closer to matching others in the league. This would mean, undoubtably, the bigots would, initially, have resources to match most of the also rans in the Premiership and would likely end up with more than most.. There is no logic to your "guess".

ETA. My "guess" is, if your mother had baws, we'd all have a little more peace/

You are correct. Given time and enhanced finances the big 2 would likely be top league. Ourselves however might make division 1 or two. Players from those leagues have transferred into Scottish teams and done well. 

We have had this conversation at work many times. I certainly would put celtic at low end of premier with rangers probably in championship. Hearts/dons either top end of lg1 maybe bottom end of championship maybe add hibs into lg1.  The rest would flit between lg1/lg2 and national league.

The main issue is the financial side and what teams in respective leagues can attract in terms of players and sponsorship, etc.

In saying that there are also some teams within the lower leagues in england that are money daft in order to try and improve. Prime examples being Bolton, Salford and Wrexham.

Another thing was, and i don't know how many watched it but the Macclesfield/Robbie Savage documentary was an eye opener wage wise, even for stating at very,very PT end of pyramid they were looking at around £300-£500 per week for players.

Edited by Cumbriansaint72