The Queen

shull

20 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Maybe it is just severe gastric distress after meeting Truss and her stomach turning?

I agree, the stress of dealing with Bozo and Liz Truss within a matter of hours would drive anyone to an early (well not too early) grave.

They have to take the blame for this...... 

15 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I would suggest that with such a dignified head of state appearing to be nearing the end of her life, ‘humorous’ posts should be saved for more appropriate threads.

I have no time for any of them. Why in this day and age anyone would have any deference to any of them is beyond me.

I agree she has seemed like a decent human being unlike most of the rest of them and I am sorry that she is unwell, but four hours of sycophantic repetitive coverage by the BBC has been a  bit much for me.

I apologise if I have upset you.......

14 minutes ago, ianmac said:

I have no time for any of them. Why in this day and age anyone would have any deference to any of them is beyond me.

I agree she has seemed like a decent human being unlike most of the rest of them and I am sorry that she is unwell, but four hours of sycophantic repetitive coverage by the BBC has been a  bit much for me.

I apologise if I have upset you.......

There are other channels or you can turn the TV off.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

There are other channels or you can turn the TV off.

I switched on to hear the news at 1.00pm and after about 30mins gave up. I was out and looked again when I got back around 3.15pm and still the same. Looked again just now 3.55pm and , yup, still the same. As far as I can tell nothing has changed..... 

I don't normally watch much between 1 o'clock news and 6 o'clock news, but today it was like having a hole in your tooth that you can't help poking.

I will watch Hearts at 5.45, let's hope for a Scottish team that won't let us down......

1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I would suggest that with such a dignified head of state appearing to be nearing the end of her life, ‘humorous’ posts should be saved for more appropriate threads.

Said dignified head of state has a reputation for not taking herself too seriously, but I take your point.

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

You can suggest it.

You may even have a point.

Just remember what playground you are in. Not going to happen. 🤐😥

47 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The Chase has been binned by ITV.

Thankfully C4 haven't joined in on the pre-emptive grief and are showing Moneybags.

But IS it "pre-emptive" or do they know something not released to the public yet?

I have no idea but wouldn't rule it out.

I am not a Royalist. No fan of the monarchy under current arrangements.

They do and can serve a purpose but should be self financing and figureheads only. No authority over us prolls. 

Another debate for another day.

I have nothing but respect for Queen Elizabeth and had even more for the Queen Mum.

Some might argue they lived a life of privilege. I think they sacrificed any chance of a life for what they saw as duty.

Both were flawless in service and committed to their roles.

I see no need to try and emulate that. None of the successors can.

Time for a revamp. Politically too.

For now though, my thoughts are with an elderly lady who has put others first all her life, and her flawed family who despite obvious failings, will inevitably Mourne the loss of a Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, role model and mentor.