The Queen

shull

14 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

if she snuffs it tomorrow, might be no football on saturday as there will be a day of mourning

Surely not FFS.

The coronation will probably be on a Sat and may cause fixture cancellation 

Could cause fixture pile up chaos

I’m just hoping parkrun isn’t cancelled this week

They had a minutes silence at tynecastle which wasn’t very well observed Then they announced there had been a half time substitution………..I half expected him to say Charles for Elizabeth

Not sure what happened at tynecastle……..possibly the away fans singing GSTQ during the silence?

1 minute ago, HSS said:

They had a minutes silence at tynecastle which wasn’t very well observed Then they announced there had been a half time substitution………..I half expected him to say Charles for Elizabeth

Not sure what happened at tynecastle……..possibly the away fans singing GSTQ during the silence?

It was the Hearts fans singing GSTQ quickly followed by Rule Britannia and I was born under a Union Flag.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Come on folks, some of these posts are a wee bit tasteless IMO.

Tasteless and juvenile. I'm not a royalist but she was someone's mum and a fellow human being. Yes she had a life of privelage but her life must have been like living in jail. I certainly wouldn't have swapped places with her

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just been announced the Queen has passed away.

RIP Elizabeth, very sad. 

Sad yes, but no sadder than any old codger passing away.

My auld maw was younger than Liz but I missed her TV coverage.

Beyond any basic human emotion that it’s sad when anyone dies, I couldn’t give a monkeys. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sad yes, but no sadder than any old codger passing away.

My auld maw was younger than Liz but I missed her TV coverage.

Beyond any basic human emotion that it’s sad when anyone dies, I couldn’t give a monkeys. 

Speaking of which, since there's nothing on worth watching, I'm away to listen to some music.

Maybe something by The Smiths.

27 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

It was the Hearts fans singing GSTQ quickly followed by Rule Britannia and I was born under a Union Flag.

So who were doing the booing? Was that hearts fans against the singing hearts fans?

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

So who were doing the booing? Was that hearts fans against the singing hearts fans?

Some Hearts fans booed the Hearts fans doing the singing.

Did you not hear the full thing? As soon as the "silence" started you could clearly hear one shout of "f**k the Queen" swiftly followed by "Naw, f**k you".

15 minutes ago, ianmac said:

Charles I got executed. Charles II got chased out of the country.

I wonder if Charles III is a bit worried? 

Has it been announced that he will take that name as king.

He can choose his regal name, I think.

Aye, Charles III. I think he'll be the last Monarch, btw.

I am fond of the Royal Family as an institution, and would hate to see a president (Blair?!), but I think the younger generations don't approve of it.

While I send my deepest condolences to the family of the 96 year old queen I just think it a shame we don't take the opportunity to rip the plaster off and end this procession of hanger ons. More dothing the cap and paying through the nose for an outdated, even more pointless setup.