The Queen

shull

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The Shamrock Rovers fans thing was truly horrible. Hundreds of grown adults singing that pish. I struggle to know what goes through some folks heads.

Its mob mentality too. I bet not one of them would’ve stood in the street and sung that by themselves. 

Just wait, if get to play Celtic next weekend.

Their first chance to show their appreciation in Scotland.

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can I just say, I really HATE this "big team found" shite, even if is posted or said as a 'joke'.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've been asked "aye, but what's your big team" whenever I say I support St Mirren, and it always makes me mad. The last thing we need is a St Mirren fan winding up another St Mirren fan with this bigoted shite.

Aye, a cheap shot, been thrown at me plenty, says more about them than me. 

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thankfully, yes.

As I mentioned, over on P&B it's a battle to see how low people can go. 

That place is full of absolute roasters, in fact worse, I'd describe them as spiteful subnormals. I banned myself from there, because of some of the vile scum that frequent it.

A wonderful  lady who served this country with thru  her  dedicated life  to country and humanity. I am disgusted with the useless morons on here that make any negative comments from their sad little plastic houses... probably best look on your own unimportant lives ...lack of humanity ...lack of compansion and realise no wonder you cant recognise greatness as youre the polar opposite...  certainly been an eye opener this thread as you realise no wonder the world is where it is.. God Save the King 
She did a job and was well paid for it.

A monarch is dead, another one is (or will be) in their place - neither of them did, or will do, anything for me, don't see why I should be bothered.

Yes, some of the stuff is OTT, but that happens all the time (school shootings etc), why would you expect anything less?

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brilliant that Charles has stopped the car outside the Palace and is doing the rounds with the people.

Brilliant move as I wouldn't have blamed him for driving straight in and out of the public gaze. :happyclapper

Not so brilliant that people can’t pass on their condolences without holding up a mobile phone while doing it! Now that is disrespectful, would they film a funeral and post it on instagram, probably. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Can I just say, I really HATE this "big team found" shite, even if is posted or said as a 'joke'.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've been asked "aye, but what's your big team" whenever I say I support St Mirren, and it always makes me mad. The last thing we need is a St Mirren fan winding up another St Mirren fan with this bigoted shite.

If this was P&B I might agree with you but I never want to see shite like “God save the King” on B&W army

21 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I am not a Royalist. No fan of the monarchy under current arrangements.

They do and can serve a purpose but should be self financing and figureheads only. No authority over us prolls. 

But

I have nothing but respect for Queen Elizabeth.

Some might argue they lived a life of privilege. I think they sacrificed any chance of a life for what they saw as duty.

She was flawless in service.

I see no need to try and emulate that. None of the successors can.

Time for a revamp. Politically too.

For now though, my thoughts are with an elderly lady who has put others first all her life, and her flawed family who despite obvious failings, will inevitably Mourn the loss of a Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, role model and mentor. 

Very much my thoughts too. I was brought up to respect my elders but also to believe that there were no “betters”.  There needs to be a sense of proportion however in marking her passing and no repeat of the circus that surrounded the dearth of the celebrity princess in Paris. I have the feeling that the Queen would have liked life to move on. After all she kept active in her role till the end. 

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

She did a job and was well paid for it.

A monarch is dead, another one is (or will be) in their place - neither of them did, or will do, anything for me, don't see why I should be bothered.

Yes, some of the stuff is OTT, but that happens all the time (school shootings etc), why would you expect anything less?

You sure on that mate....Monarchy is the only thing this crumpy little island has on a world stage....you dont have to be bothered...maybe ice caps melting dont bother you either... its the OTT comments against her that grinds me on this shitty little forum

12 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

If this was P&B I might agree with you but I never want to see shite like “God save the King” on B&W army

Hmm.

Although I am not a "Royalist" myself, I don't accept your stance that being a St Mirren fan is somehow incompatible with also being pro-monarchy. Or, as I interpret your posts, that being pro-monarchy means you must automatically favour the Ibrox team ahead of any other team.

I own a blue pullover. Am I a covert Rangers fan in your opinion ?

You sure on that mate....Monarchy is the only thing this crumpy little island has on a world stage....you dont have to be bothered...maybe ice caps melting dont bother you either... its the OTT comments against her that grinds me on this shitty little forum

Take away the monarchy and we still have the palaces, castles etc - the French do not bad out of that.

There aren't any other ice caps waiting in the wings to step in.

Who, apart from one person, has posted OTT comments on here?