The Queen

shull

25 minutes ago, antrin said:

Tomorrow, I shall stand in a field beside the M25 watching cars go past.

As a mark of respect.  :(

Why not, dozens did it yesterday and stopped traffic out of East Dunfermline.  Althought there were very few of them, they parked their cars on the M90 slip road and blocked up 2 main roads just so they could watch her majesty take her final turn in her preferred German made hearse

If her son is so hot on the environment, why is he OK with her decomposition gases adding to the already poor Edinburgh air quality?

I’m off to the Home Counties on business early tomorrow for three days, be interesting to see the reaction will be among the good people of south east Englandshire.

Head home on Thursday to do a quick turnaround and head back down to London for a long weekend . We fly home on the day of the Funeral .

B A say they don’t see any need for flight changes , my Hotel have confirmed the booking and both shows we are due to see on Sat & Sun have posted notices basically saying the show must go on 🤷‍♂️ 

We will be checking in at LCY at the time of the Funeral and I’m sure there may be an 11:00 am minutes silence ,like decent people we will observe it but then it’s off to the Bar 🍹

40 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Are you going to buy one if they do?

I am OK with it, I really don't support the monarchy but it is a big thing for those who do.

My issue is, the reaction of the Scum support to the playing of said song.  I susoect that they will gather with the intention of being angry and howl all through it before disrupting minute silence

20 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

I served in the army in the falkland islands in 1983, I worked in the HQ with other services and a Navy guy told me he knew someone who got one of the queens Turds on the Royal Yacht Brittania, the story goes he kept it and varnished it, if this was true how much would it be worth now.? 

Don't believe everything you're told. I think you'll find he was talking sh!te.

21 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

I served in the army in the falkland islands in 1983, I worked in the HQ with other services and a Navy guy told me he knew someone who got one of the queens Turds on the Royal Yacht Brittania, the story goes he kept it and varnished it, if this was true how much would it be worth now.? 

A Shit load of money perhaps……..

With the Queen passing away in Scotland it's certainly put the spotlight on our country and people.

It's given thousands a chance to pay their respects in a way that simply wouldn't have happened had she passed away down in England.

It's shown, beyond doubt, that the Queen and the royal family have a real love for our country and that will continue with Charles holding the reins.

Aye, she was born in England but she's had feelings for our country that many who were born here don't.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

With the Queen passing away in Scotland it's certainly put the spotlight on our country and people.

It's given thousands a chance to pay their respects in a way that simply wouldn't have happened had she passed away down in England.

It's shown, beyond doubt, that the Queen and the royal family have a real love for our country and that will continue with Charles holding the reins.

Aye, she was born in England but she's had feelings for our country that many who were born here don't.

Are you looking for a job at the BBC or the Daily Mail?

Edited by ianmac

Hendo couldn't help himself...........................

Prince Andrew was heckled by a protester who shouted 'You're a sick old man' at him as he followed the Queen's coffin through the streets of Edinburgh.

The man appeared to shout aggressively as the Duke of York passed before he was pulled away from the passing procession.

A short scuffle appeared to follow before police led the man away as he shouted "disgusting' and "I've done nothing wrong".

The heckler, circled in red, appeared to shout 'Andrew, you're a sick old man' at the Prince, before being hauled away by police. (Twitter)

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No, I'm just saying it as I see it.

What about you, a job for the SNP Monthly? :lol:

PS Wee Nicky pretty much reflecting my post, shame on her eh? :byebye

Who told you I am an SNP supporter?

That's me finished with this chat. I have always told myself to refrain from getting into one your tedious debates.

I hope you enjoy your holiday and the wifi is not too good.

Edited by ianmac

2 minutes ago, ianmac said:

Who told you I am an SNP supporter?

That's me finished with this chat. I have always told myself to refrain from getting into one your tedious debates.

I hope you enjoy your holiday and the wifi is not too good.

YOU quoted my post with a cheap jibe and when I return the favour you get all high and might and try to blame me for getting into a tedious debate? :wacko:

Aye, enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy, quite hard to tell. :byebye

My sympathy lies with the monarch's kin,
As their time of sadness might begin.
The tears will flow and so they should
For a lady who they say was good.
BUT....

I'm sure there were comforts at the end,
Surrounded by both kith and friend.
With medicines dispensed to ease distress,
This could make the hurt a little less
SO

As you mourn the passing of your head of state,
Spare a thought for for the old who wait,
For a docs appointment or a hospital bed,
Only to end up alone and dead.

Edited by stlucifer

21 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

My sympathy lies with the monarch's kin,
As their time of sadness might begin.
The tears will flow and so they should
For a lady who they say was good.
BUT....

I'm sure there were comforts at the end,
Surrounded by both kith and friend.
With medicines dispensed to ease distress,
This could make the hurt a little less
SO

As you mourn the passing of your head of state,
Spare a thought for for the old who wait,
For a docs appointment or a hospital bed,
Only to end up alone and dead.

You do realise that Fartaway will bounce on the graves of people who died as a result of COVID to chastise you for that post? 🤐😜

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I was thinking exactly the same, a bit of a coup for Scotland, all those little Englanders will be fuming 😤