The Queen

shull

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hendo couldn't help himself...........................

Prince Andrew was heckled by a protester who shouted 'You're a sick old man' at him as he followed the Queen's coffin through the streets of Edinburgh.

The man appeared to shout aggressively as the Duke of York passed before he was pulled away from the passing procession.

A short scuffle appeared to follow before police led the man away as he shouted "disgusting' and "I've done nothing wrong".

The heckler, circled in red, appeared to shout 'Andrew, you're a sick old man' at the Prince, before being hauled away by police. (Twitter)

I wonder what is worse -

A. Being a nonce.

B. Calling out the fact someone is a nonce.

C. Physically attacking the person doing the calling out.

D. The person doing the calling out getting arrested, not the people who attacked him or, indeed, the nonce.

E. Spending millions celebrating the life of someone who covered up the nonceness.

F. Thinking A, C, D and E are all fine, and B is the thing thats wrong.

29 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I wonder what is worse -

A. Being a nonce.

B. Calling out the fact someone is a nonce.

C. Physically attacking the person doing the calling out.

D. The person doing the calling out getting arrested, not the people who attacked him or, indeed, the nonce.

E. Spending millions celebrating the life of someone who covered up the nonceness.

F. Thinking A, C, D and E are all fine, and B is the thing thats wrong.

Time you had a wee holiday. :byebye

11 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I was thinking exactly the same, a bit of a coup for Scotland, all those little Englanders will be fuming 😤 

Showcased the country worldwide. End of an era perhaps. Ten out of ten for the First Minister. Don’t want to be a party pooper but who pays for all of the razzmatazz? Cost of living crisis?

29 minutes ago, W6er said:

Cellphone? I think what you're referring to is known as a 'mobile phone' or just 'mobile' in the UK. :)

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Could be a typo / auto-correct.

Maybe his mobile is wrapped in cellophane.

My apologies.

I don’t live in the boondocks - I’m not a knuckle-dragging provincial - I use whatever term for my respect equipment that I wish to use - you both understood - I don’t GAF.

I have cars passing that demand much more of my respect than you do.

:)

23 minutes ago, antrin said:

My apologies.

I don’t live in the boondocks - I’m not a knuckle-dragging provincial - I use whatever term for my respect equipment that I wish to use - you both understood - I don’t GAF.

🤣🤣🤣

36 minutes ago, antrin said:

My apologies.

I'd suggesting you watch too much American television.

Since when has the UK been a knuckle-dragging province?

Enjoy your day. :)

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

With the Queen passing away in Scotland it's certainly put the spotlight on our country and people.

It's given thousands a chance to pay their respects in a way that simply wouldn't have happened had she passed away down in England.

It's shown, beyond doubt, that the Queen and the royal family have a real love for our country and that will continue with Charles holding the reins.

Aye, she was born in England but she's had feelings for our country that many who were born here don't.

I think you'll find that once society has moved on from the Queen that the Royal family will have a job on their hands in Scotland. 

I would say that there would be a majority who would vote to get rid of the monarchy in Scotland with the Queen out of the picture.

The royal family as an establishment is under huge pressure to reform to a different model, possibly along the lines of Scandinavia or Holland etc.

Doubt it will happen under Charles who is part of the problem, may fall to William to modernize.

You only have to follow this thread to realize that most posters on here so far are not Royalists at all.

9 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

You only have to follow this thread to realize that most posters on here so far are not Royalists at all.

How many.   Besides, you don't have to be a Royalist to admire a lady who had a great love for our country and the remainder wouldn't be missed if they called it a day.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He's a self proclaimed Londoner, you know how they're known for they're love and affection for everything outside London. 😉

This is an amusing diversionary conversation about the English language.

You’d best cower in the shadows, on the sidelines..  :P

I am now off to my allotments to pay my respects to some beetroot. And perhaps to a couple of sweetcorn cobs.

I may capture an image or two on my cellular phone.

Edited by antrin

4 hours ago, W6er said:

I'd suggesting you watch too much American television.

Since when has the UK been a knuckle-dragging province?

Enjoy your day. :)

I seldom turn a tv on.  I went 10+ happily content years without doing so.

I never mentioned the UK.  I never used the word, “province”.

I used the word “provincial” in respect to people living outside a country’s Capital city.

If you’re going to criticise my choice of words, please choose MY words to criticise.  Don’t make up your own, then blame me.  That's a bit unfair.

I’d”?

Edited by antrin

17 minutes ago, antrin said:

This is an amusing diversionary conversation about the English language.

You’d best cower in the shadows, on the sidelines..  :P

I am now off to my allotments to pay my respects to some beetroot. And perhaps to a couple of sweetcorn cobs.

I may capture an image or two on my cellular phone.

Apologies,  predictive text on my cellular phone.

Pesky technology.  🤡