The Queen

shull

Apparently people could have to queue for 30 hours to see the Queens coffin in London. A wristband system will be in operation to allow people to go to the toilet. There are people there who have been camping out since last Thursday, and dont plan to leave until after the funeral.

Never has there been a more stark example of the impact of underfunding of our mental health services.

58 minutes ago, Slarti said:

That's how it went. Hendo was obviously referring to Harvie when he said "he", you have taken it to be the guy who shouted at the funeral procession (at least, that's how you've framed it in your post). When he pointed this out, you accused him of reversing when it should have been you doing it.

Antrin never thought that it was you that you were referring to as reversing, he was pointing out that it should have been you. At least, that's how I read it but possibly only because I knew who Hendo was referring to. I also think antrin's random use of capitals may be delibarate for your "benefit", though maybe he's just getting dittery in his auld age. emoji16.png Or maybe his fingers are too fat for his "cellphone's" keypad.

Hendo's post was a direct reply to, and quoting, the madman's post above it. Your post was a direct reply to, and quoting, Hendo's post. It's totally irrelevant what else he has posted on the thread in that respect.

There's no issue in being wrong, itks the doubling down on it.

Well set out… apart from a couple of minor things.  :)

I note that “you” capitalised Antrin at the start of your second paragraph, yet deeper in the para, you spelled it correctly.  Now, it wasn’t quite YOU who made that mistake.  Your interaction on this site - like most of the other participants - is set to Capitalise when you skip to the next line or paragraph.  I blame that technology.

i haven’t set my account up for that - I didn’t care enough… and you are correct, I am now unlikely to do so.  :)

occasionally it does annoy me, like at the start of the above line with the personal pronoun.  I often correct those examples and similarly with people or place names.  It's random and insignificant (he typed with deft, nimble, fast fingers…).

I always thought that the term “mobile phones” was a misnomer, as the phone is inert and utterly immobile, incapable of ever being so if it’s own accord.  I like the German/European use of “Handy”. As it is a handy feature and often a Handy is held in its owners hands (in simple people paying respects to passing cars, for example).  China also use the term “hand phone”.  Japan uses keitai denwa, meaning portable phone, which is shortened to simply keitai, meaning “portable”.  This is surely more accurate than the silly misnomer of mobile?

I finally went with the way that the rest of the civilised world is heading - cell. It's accurate and brief to say or type - a truncation of cellphone, reflecting the technology underpinning it.  If I’d used “cell” on here I was a prisoner to whimsy and fortune. And simpletons.  

Speaking of simpletons, I cherish this deployment of SIX commas in one sentence!

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You, as you do, misunderstood my post, it wasn't me reversing, but that's ok,  a sad old fanny gets some allowances, especially after 2 or 3 lagers.

:)

Edited by antrin

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:

The "A" was deliberate. I originally changed it to lowercase but then thought "naaaaaaw". emoji16.png

Aye, but…. 
… you’re saying you changed it from the auto-capitalisation to the cool Cap-free mode… before thinking it was too childish? 

I can perfectly empathise with “childish”.    :)

Look at Hendos previous posts which clearly show his opinion of people shouting pish.
It's not all about one post, follow the thread. 
I already said that what he had previously said was irrelevant. Hendo was clearly referring to Harvie in that post, you made a mistake, own it.

I notice Beetlejuice has arrived (I'd say "called it" but it's not really much of an achievement as he can't resist) - no idea what he's saying but probably along the lines of "if you don't want to engage with me, don't mention me", "obsessed", and also mentioned his inane "how to ignore" shit. Was I close? I've mentioned Patrick Harvie at least 3 times now, he hasn't appeared and I don't want to engage with him - funny that.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Doubling down!  :lol:

NEVER wrong… apart from always wrong…

and  - note the decapitalisation of this sentence - you missed the apostrophe that should have been in Hendos if you were “following the thread”.  Or is Hendos the fabulous foreign place to which you’re going on holiday, away from your interesting 4 days a week job that you skive away from?

”decapitalisation” is perhaps used out of context.  Does that help?

^^^^ Troll off. 🥱🥱🥱

Aye, but…. 
… you’re saying you changed it from the auto-capitalisation to the cool Cap-free mode… before thinking it was too childish? 
I can perfectly empathise with “childish”.    [emoji4]
I changed it back to annoy you. [emoji16] Aye, ok, childish. [emoji1787]

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I already said that what he had previously said was irrelevant. Hendo was clearly referring to Harvie in that post, you made a mistake, own it.

I notice Beetlejuice has arrived (I'd say "called it" but it's not really much of an achievement as he can't resist) - no idea what he's saying but probably along the lines of "if you don't want to engage with me, don't mention me", "obsessed", and also mentioned his inane "how to ignore" shit. Was I close? I've mentioned Patrick Harvie at least 3 times now, he hasn't appeared and I don't want to engage with him - funny that.

Say you took me off ignore to check my post without saying you took me off ignore to check my post. 😂😂

I’ve lived rent free in Slarti’s head for years now, still raging I correctly called him out as pedantic.

If I don’t pander to him for a while he starts to get quite needy. Reminds me of a few other posters tbf. :whistle

Edited by bazil85

7 minutes ago, Slarti said:

The thread has been derailed by two of my personal trolls and while you're not in that bracket I'm not getting involved in your desire to talk a post to death.

Thanks for playing. 👍

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Say you took me off ignore to check my post without saying you took me off ignore to check my post. 😂😂

I’ve lived rent free in Slarti’s head for years now, still raging I correctly called him out as pedantic.

If I don’t pander to him for a while he starts to get quite needy. Reminds me of a few other posters tbf. :whistle

He didn’t say he checked your post.  He made reasonable, quite accurate assumptions.

btw in your post you mention the queen.  Error? I didn’t see the relevance…

Not quite the right queen for the thread but …”

Edited by antrin

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The thread has been derailed by two of my personal trolls and while you're not in that bracket I'm not getting involved in your desire to talk a post to death.

Thanks for playing. 👍

“two of my personal trolls”,  Wow! An ego the size of Arbroath!  :lol:

Not your “trolls”, your betters!  :)

“death” seems to be the main refrain of this thread…. So… highly relevant, I’d say!

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

He did it say he checked your post.  He made reasonable, quite accurate assumptions.

Not quite the right queen for the thread but …”

It was a lighthearted reference to Elsa the queen from Frozen & her famous ‘let it go’ song. So no, not an error. 

Slarti definitely takes me off ignore regularly to check when I have responded to him. He absolutely craves my attention.

It’s the only reasonable explanation to why he continues to try & get me to respond. If he was indeed being honest about wanting to ignore me, it should be pretty easy for him just not to post about me. 👍 

I’m happy to pander to him though as I have told others. If you want to engage with me, you generally just need to respond/ mention me. I’ll do my best. :) 

He didn’t say he checked your post.  He made reasonable, quite accurate assumptions.

”Not quite the right queen for the thread but …”

Shit, another Beetlejuice reply, what's he saying now? The usual shit? I assume that my guess about what he said was accurate and it's annoyed him. It's clear who the obsessed one is, and it isn't me. I wonder when Patrick Harvie will appear ...

Sering that you've quoted him, I can see I was correct. Don't need to see his posts to know what he says - again, not much of an achievement, pretty obvious.

Did he call me a queen? FFS, a bit pathetic if he did.

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It was a lighthearted reference to Elsa the queen from Frozen & her famous ‘let it go’ song. So no, not an error. 

Ah. About a kids’ cartoon Queen….

You might have to better develop your use of references - maybe post a link to the song or a video…or perhaps just post on juvenile forums where more punters might understand such slight, light references?

Too obscure for me.

25 minutes ago, antrin said:

Ah. About a kids’ cartoon Queen….

You might have to better develop your use of references - maybe post a link to the song or a video…or perhaps just post on juvenile forums where more punters might understand such slight, light references?

Too obscure for me.

Maybe, but I imagine whether they admit it or not, the vast majority of people would have got the reference. Likely anyone who has had young kids in their life over the last decade or so (which is surely most). 

I don’t imagine most people would think ‘let it go’ regarding a queen was a light reference either. It’s one of the most viewed videos on YouTube, one of the most successful animated films of all times & has been used on this forum multiple times.

A bit strange Slarti is asking me questions but it seems he also didn’t get the ‘Frozen’ reference. You guys are very out of touch. 

He’s also lying, he 100% took me off ignore to read the post. 

Edited by bazil85

56 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe, but I imagine whether they admit it or not, the vast majority of people would have got the reference. Likely anyone who has had young kids in their life over the last decade or so (which is surely most). 

I don’t imagine most people would think ‘let it go’ regarding a queen was a light reference either. It’s one of the most viewed videos on YouTube, one of the most successful animated films of all times & has been used on this forum multiple times.

"Not quite the right queen for the thread but maybe you should take some well placed advice and ‘let it go’ "

I tried.  I considered song lyrics of Queen, the band; Queens in Chess, well-placed but you let it go when your King is threatened; Queen Bees. Drag Queens...   I tried.

I accept that your imagination is 'different from' that of other people - you should make allowances for that - and be more helpful and clear.  I don't recall multiple times that it's been referenced on this Forum, but I can imagine it might be like Mrs Browns Bollocks - fodder for people that I ignore.  :)

12 minutes ago, antrin said:

"Not quite the right queen for the thread but maybe you should take some well placed advice and ‘let it go’ "

I tried.  I considered song lyrics of Queen, the band; Queens in Chess, well-placed but you let it go when your King is threatened; Queen Bees. Drag Queens...   I tried.

I accept that your imagination is 'different from' that of other people - you should make allowances for that - and be more helpful and clear.  I don't recall multiple times that it's been referenced on this Forum, but I can imagine it might be like Mrs Browns Bollocks - fodder for people that I ignore.  :)

Maybe it's him who's referenced it multiple times?