The Queen

shull

1 hour ago, antrin said:

"Not quite the right queen for the thread but maybe you should take some well placed advice and ‘let it go’ "

I tried.  I considered song lyrics of Queen, the band; Queens in Chess, well-placed but you let it go when your King is threatened; Queen Bees. Drag Queens...   I tried.

I accept that your imagination is 'different from' that of other people - you should make allowances for that - and be more helpful and clear.  I don't recall multiple times that it's been referenced on this Forum, but I can imagine it might be like Mrs Browns Bollocks - fodder for people that I ignore.  :)

Seems you tried harder than you needed, maybe smarter not harder would have been the better approach? (even just typing ‘let it go’ & leaving out queen seems to bring it up on google) 

I feel anymore would have been overkill. I fully expect most would have gotten it & if it was too subtle for others… well, it’s hardly the end of the world or something to obsess over. 6C5DE328-067A-441D-A1D1-22B7636079BB.thumb.jpeg.3f0867e5e1772fc866bc508ecc8d38bb.jpeg

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Seems you tried harder than you needed, maybe smarter not harder would have been the better approach? (even just typing ‘let it go’ & leaving out queen seems to bring it up on google) 

I feel anymore would have been overkill. I fully expect most would have gotten it & if it was too subtle for others… well, it’s hardly the end of the world or something to obsess over. 6C5DE328-067A-441D-A1D1-22B7636079BB.thumb.jpeg.3f0867e5e1772fc866bc508ecc8d38bb.jpeg

Your quote was already harder not smarter.

As an adult (making the same assumption about you), I used smart to reference Adult cultural references not Juvenile and Childish ones.  This may occasionally appear to be a kids playground, but it’s not crammed with ACTUAL kids.

but you're right it’s not the end of the world nor something to obsess over.

so, I’m assuming you won’t be back on to dredge this up?  :)

“Let it go”!

(That’s a famous song from a famous kids movie.  It’s by a character who hates their society and rejects every other member, not caring about them.  I can see why it might appeal to you.)

22 minutes ago, antrin said:

Is that another “light reference” to Frozen and the famous song by Elsa?   :unsure:
Or is it a famous metallic octopus toy that (I imagine!) most people on here would recognise?

Using his "logic", I assume that he wants to engage with me seeing as he mentioned me - tough shit.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Is that another “light reference” to Frozen and the famous song by Elsa?   :unsure:
Or is it a famous metallic octopus toy that (I imagine!) most people on here would recognise?

That one is more obscure granted 😂 it’s ‘drunk octopus, wants to fight’ a gif/ meme/ whatever else that did the rounds online for a while. 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Your quote was already harder not smarter.

As an adult (making the same assumption about you), I used smart to reference Adult cultural references not Juvenile and Childish ones.  This may occasionally appear to be a kids playground, but it’s not crammed with ACTUAL kids.

but you're right it’s not the end of the world nor something to obsess over.

so, I’m assuming you won’t be back on to dredge this up?  :)

“Let it go”!

(That’s a famous song from a famous kids movie.  It’s by a character who hates their society and rejects every other member, not caring about them.  I can see why it might appeal to you.)

Oh no, I will respond again. I also wouldn’t say it’s necessarily just a kids movie, it’s actually quite good. Give it a try, sequel is a bit rubbish. 

Whether a person got it or not, I would say a google search is the smartest starting point instead of trying to think of lots of scenarios where a ‘queen’ is used. It does seem strange though, once I said what it was, you seemed to get it pretty quick. Did you maybe know & got a tiny bit frustrated that I had to jog your memory? 

Anyway, google first is certainly my opinion but surely you would agree with it now? Maybe we can put it down to an education for you… Google is your friend. 

Edited by bazil85

3 hours ago, shull said:

FORFUXSAKE

Maybe BBC Scotland could show previously recorded football items in place of the live match .

Like , The Lisbon Lions Story or even the Walter Smith Documentary.

That would suit them.

FECKEM 

6 hours ago, shull said:

FORFUXSAKE

Stacks of presenters, pundits and others giving us live coverage of the two sectarian clubs tonight on Radio Scotland.

FECKEM 

Edited by shull

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It does seem strange though, once I said what it was, you seemed to get it pretty quick. Did you maybe know & got a tiny bit frustrated that I had to jog your memory? 

Apart from spending a lifetime obsessed by and going to movies. I've kinda been in that business and educating entrants to it, for a lot of years.  I actually/regularly go to cinemas and see movies. And read reviews and screenplays…. and on and on.

I HAD actually seen it.  That is no reason why a risible Disney Song might reside in my mind.  That fillum was not pitched at a mature audience.

Worryingly, I also noticed posters (that I probably blanked previously) as I went into town this afternoon.  For a theatrical performance called Frozen.

I shuddered.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

While it's not a banner I would brandish, it is a sentiment I lean toward.

And…. once I recalled who Michael Fagan was…. I actually laughed!  

I was at a theatre on the South Bank tonight.  Was perplexed by the hordes of punters - much more than usual - walking west. So many that they were being controlled by stewards. 50-50 foreigners/UK.

Turns out they were queuing for something to do with the hoo-hah.  The line was maybe a couple of miles.  Hardly shifting.   People are weird.

Edited by antrin