The Queen

shull

1 minute ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

It is because we are good at it regardless of the situation and it brings a lot of tourism into the country.

Morbid people watching a wooden box being trudged along on whatever vehicle they're using. I will have nothing to do with it. The old woman died. She's being interred where ever. None of my concern. Death tourism? Brilliant advert for England. NOT.

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Morbid people watching a wooden box being trudged along on whatever vehicle they're using. I will have nothing to do with it. The old woman died. She's being interred where ever. None of my concern. Death tourism? Brilliant advert for England. NOT.

Lighten up...

It gives some people something to watch through a window whilst waiting on the foodbanks reopening.

Who knows, some might even have a lovely new blanket courtesy of kind souls who queued for hours to see a box whilst unaware that it can be cold outdoors. 🤐

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I guess you aren't a fan of the Royal family then and that's fair enough. I'm not that fussed to be honest it is what it is.

What I meant in reply to previous comment was I have done coach holidays in the past that have included places like Windsor, Hampton Court,  Edinburgh, Castle of Mey and as close to Balmoral as you can get. Tourists love it.

Thats what I meant.

Just home after a long weekend in London ,  couldn’t believe the massive queues.  Each to their own I suppose but to me , folk waiting overnight in f**king cold & dark to get a 30 seconds walkthrough of a room with a coffin in it seems a bit f**king barmy 🤪

I’ve never seen so many police in one place in my life ! I’m sure the criminals had a f**king field day elsewhere in the capital - anyone who needed their help had no chance and as for the Ambulances - they simply weren’t moving . If you were having chest pains in central London over the weekend - yer Deid !!  ☠️ 

12 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I guess you aren't a fan of the Royal family then and that's fair enough. I'm not that fussed to be honest it is what it is.

What I meant in reply to previous comment was I have done coach holidays in the past that have included places like Windsor, Hampton Court,  Edinburgh, Castle of Mey and as close to Balmoral as you can get. Tourists love it.

Thats what I meant.

And I've always argued that tourists would still come to visit these places even if the monarchy was abolished. People flock to see the likes of Caernarfon Castle in Wales without a royal in sight.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And I've always argued that tourists would still come to visit these places even if the monarchy was abolished. People flock to see the likes of Caernarfon Castle in Wales without a royal in sight.

Yup , the French palaces seem to get plenty of visitors 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Thats what I meant.

I have been to Paris and there were plenty of tourists at ex-royal palaces like The Louvre and Versailles when I went - and you can get into these places.

Edited by ianmac

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Just home after a long weekend in London ,  couldn’t believe the massive queues.  Each to their own I suppose but to me , folk waiting overnight in f**king cold & dark to get a 30 seconds walkthrough of a room with a coffin in it seems a bit f**king barmy 🤪

I’ve never seen so many police in one place in my life ! I’m sure the criminals had a f**king field day elsewhere in the capital - anyone who needed their help had no chance and as for the Ambulances - they simply weren’t moving . If you were having chest pains in central London over the weekend - yer Deid !!  ☠️ 

I'm no Royalist.

My parents were, as were their parents.

Me? We are all Jock Tamson's bairns. I bow to nobody and any respect I get I truly hope I have earned.

The class system?

Throw us crumbs from the table. 

The final straw for me was operations being cancelled and foodbanks being closed today.

FFS ... People that chose to queue outdoors for hours were graciously granted blankets. Tits that through choice, were inappropriately dressed for a night on the street.

Those same blankets have now been donated to the homeless who have no choice. Why could they not have been given blankets before now? 

Still... Watching a ceremony through a window will pass time till the foodbanks reopen!

The Queen was a Mother and a Grandmother. I wish her peace and rest.

For the rest of the Royal Family, I wish them reformation and reality. 

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Why? Do you play with your rosaries too?

People don't "play" with rosary beads.  If I said I owned a set would that upset you?

Also, may I ask you s genuine question?  If Shull had posted videos of people who are Greek Orthodox, Jewish or Muslim bowing infront of Queen Elizabeth II's coffin,  would you have been as quick to make bigoted jokes about them or is it just Catholics and Christians you have "issues" with?

Edited by Percy Veer
"set" instead of "pair".

10 minutes ago, Percy Veer said:

People don't "play" with rosary beads.  If I said I owned a pair would that upset you?

Also, may I ask you s genuine question?  If Shull had posted videos of people who are Greek Orthodox, Jewish or Muslim bowing infront of Queen Elizabeth II's coffin,  would you have been as quick to make bigoted jokes about them or is it just Catholics and Christians you have "issues" with?

I don't have any issues with anyone who is foolish enough to believe in an omnipotent being and reveres them even though, if one did exist, they would be an uncaring so and so who allows children to suffer and die before they get a chance to live. Making the excuse that it's "their god's" will.  Makes total sense to me. 

ETA. 

1) I didn't see any video because I don't see shull's posts

2) Given I don't believe, "playing" with rosaries is EXACTLY how I see it.

3) Is it called "a pair" or are you using it as a euphemism?

Edited by stlucifer

12 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I don't have any issues with anyone who is foolish enough to believe in an omnipotent being and reveres them even though, if one did exist, they would be an uncaring so and so who allows children to suffer and die before they get a chance to live. Making the excuse that it's "their god's" will.  Makes total sense to me. 

Nice "backtracking".  It's too late of course, as your posts about "playing" with rosary beads are there for all to see.  I have no issues with people who are religious and people who aren't religious and if you also genuinely have no issues with people who are religious, you wouldn't be cracking "jokes" like you have on here.

P.S. You still haven't answered the question about would you have been as quick to make fun of people who are Greek Orthodox, Jewish or Muslim?

Edited by Percy Veer

1 minute ago, Percy Veer said:

Nice "backtracking".  It's too late of course, as your posts about "playing" with rosary beads are there for all to see.  I have no issues with people who are religious and people who aren't religious and if you also genuinely have no issues with people who are religious, you would be cracking "jokes" like you have on here.

Try quoting the entirety.

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

ETA. 

1) I didn't see any video because I don't see shull's posts

2) Given I don't believe, "playing" with rosaries is EXACTLY how I see it.

3) Is it called "a pair" or are you using it as a euphemism?

Please take your own advice then and only quote after edits have been made or does that only apply to the rest of us for your posts?

Just now, stlucifer said:

I edited tto correct the 3rd part after you posted,. The rest of the edit was before you posted. But you know that, don't you

It was not.  The 1) and 2 part were not there when I quoted you just as my quotation shows. Now, are you going to answer the question about your views?