The Queen

shull

1 minute ago, Percy Veer said:

It was not.  The 1) and 2 part were not there when I quoted you just as my quotation shows. Now, are you going to answer the question about your views?

I think I quite clearly did. I repeat. When someone is moving beads about, I would definitely describe it as playing with them. How would you describe it?

Just now, stlucifer said:

I think I quite clearly did. I repeat. When someone is moving beads about, I would definitely describe it as playing with them. How would you describe it?

St. Lucifer, I quoted your post and replied to it.  I didn't edit or remove any of it.  If you don't believe that, that is your perogative but you are very, very wrong.  If I was too quick to reply to you, that's not my fault but I'll be the bigger person and apologise for not waiting half an hour for you to finish editing your post.  If that's the rule you want to go by, you shouldn't have quoted me until I changed "pair" to "set" or does that only apply to the rest of us and not you?  I realise I've already asked this question and you dodged it, just like original question about would you have made fun about Greek Orthodox, Jewish and Muslim people but then you've got form for dodging questions when you've been "shown up".

You also know exactly what you are doing when you type "playing" with Rosary beads and if you genuinely don't then you're more simple than I gave you credit for...

2 minutes ago, Percy Veer said:

St. Lucifer, I quoted your post and replied to it.  I didn't edit or remove any of it.  If you don't believe that, that is your perogative but you are very, very wrong.  If I was too quick to reply to you, that's not my fault but I'll be the bigger person and apologise for not waiting half an hour for you to finish editing your post.  If that's the rule you want to go by, you shouldn't have quoted me until I changed "pair" to "set" or does that only apply to the rest of us and not you?  I realise I've already asked this question and you dodged it, just like original question about would you have made fun about Greek Orthodox, Jewish and Muslim people but then you've got form for dodging questions when you've been "shown up".

You also know exactly what you are doing when you type "playing" with Rosary beads and if you genuinely don't then you're more simple than I gave you credit for...

I didn't even notice you HAD changed it but if you said it's a pair were you initially making fun of them. If you say it's a set. No biggy.

As for your other "question" I didn't make fun of christians. Catholic or protestant. I made a quip abut an inanimate object which means absolutey sod all to me and could have been played with by anyone. In fact I do believe they are played with by other religions. I'm not dodging any sensible question. I didn't have to justify myself because I didn't make fun of any person of any faith. I was making fun of the person who suggested he could tell  a catholic by looking at them. Is what he said bigotted? 

28 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I didn't even notice you HAD changed it but if you said it's a pair were you initially making fun of them. If you say it's a set. No biggy.

As for your other "question" I didn't make fun of christians. Catholic or protestant. I made a quip abut an inanimate object which means absolutey sod all to me and could have been played with by anyone. In fact I do believe they are played with by other religions. I'm not dodging any sensible question. I didn't have to justify myself because I didn't make fun of any person of any faith. I was making fun of the person who suggested he could tell  a catholic by looking at them. Is what he said bigotted? 

I genuinely made a mistake by typing "pair" instead of "set".  Just like I did with your post, you quoted it before I had a chance to edit "pair" to "set".  Again, this is the truth but I can't be responsible if you believe me or not.  I would never make fun of Rosary beads.  I don't know if you saw my post in the thread about St. Mirren FC giving season tickets to schools in Renfrewshire or not, if you had you would understand why I'd never make jokes about Rosary beads.  I've always considered myself a tolerant person, I was raised to respect people no matter their background, religion or what part of the scheme or estate they were from.

As for the bit of your post that I've highlighted in bold (I hope you don't mind me doing that before you accuse me of editing your post or missing bits out), why are you making references to posts to someone you say you have on ignore?  Yes, I know if someone else who you don't have on ignore quotes them you will see Shull's posts but why bother getting involved if you would prefer to ignore him?  Is Shull that important to you that you felt the need to "make fun" of him?

Anyway, the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II has taken place today.  I didn't see it because I still had to work but I've seen wee bits and pieces since I got home.  It's a shame the thread has been hijacked at times with silly "battles" and strange, bizarre posts but I guess that's the beauty of an Internet forum and democracy for you.

Rest In Peace, Queen Elizabeth II and I'm sure you will now that you're reunited with your beloved husband, the late Duke of Edinburgh or "Chookie Embra" as my late Grandmother called him.  God Speed, Ma'am.

Just to make it very clear , I was NOT in London for the Lying in state or the funeral or to pay my respects .  Our trip had been planned for Months to take in a couple of shows for the better half’s Birthday . 

When the sh*t hit the fan last week and the jelly bean popped, we were concerned that we’d have to cancel and with Flights , Hotel & Show tickets bought, we thought we may have to cancel and potentially be out of pocket .

Everything went ahead largely as planned - no real disruption apart from the Central London traffic and hordes of forelock tuggers .

33 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Just to make it very clear , I was NOT in London for the Lying in state or the funeral or to pay my respects .  Our trip had been planned for Months to take in a couple of shows for the better half’s Birthday . 

When the sh*t hit the fan last week and the jelly bean popped, we were concerned that we’d have to cancel and with Flights , Hotel & Show tickets bought, we thought we may have to cancel and potentially be out of pocket .

Everything went ahead largely as planned - no real disruption apart from the Central London traffic and hordes of forelock tuggers .

I'm glad you still managed to fulfil your trip to London, Callum.  I hope you and your other half had a good time.  I'm sure there would have been others in your position, already planned trip and unexpectedly caught up amongst all of the activity of the death of the Queen.  I'm unsure if I'd have been able to fulfil my planned trip, knowing London would have been ten times busier than normal.

Whether cavalier or round head, today show cased the UK 🇬🇧 (and in particular Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿) to the world. The fact we can all argue and say what we do and don’t believe without threat of jail or death says a lot about the country we live in. Viva democracy 

Now the ceremony is over...

Long to reign over us... ... 

Really? 

That is the measure of our ambition?

Subservience?

She was a Mother and Grandmother. I wish her peace and rest.

For the remaining Royal Family, I wish them reality and reformation.

Throw us crumbs from the table please... 

The final straw for me was operations being cancelled and foodbanks being closed today.

FFS ... People that chose to queue outdoors for hours were graciously granted blankets. Tits that through choice, were inappropriately dressed for a night on the street.

Those same blankets have now been donated to the homeless who have no choice. Why could they not have been given blankets before now? 

Still... Watching a ceremony through a window would pass time till the foodbanks reopen!

The whole system needs an overhaul... Top to bottom. 

Funding the royal hangers on has to stop.

House of Lords needs abolished.

Commons needs overhauled. UK has to be less Londoncentric. 

UK should be more devolved and locally influenced.

We need no queen, king or president.

Elected local representatives accountable to the public and an elected top tier...

It will not happen unless the public demands it... and I fear that too many are used to being grateful for crumbs from the table 🤐😥

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Now the ceremony is over...

Long to reign over us... ... 

Really? 

That is the measure of our ambition?

Subservience?

She was a Mother and Grandmother. I wish her peace and rest.

For the remaining Royal Family, I wish them reality and reformation.

Throw us crumbs from the table please... 

The final straw for me was operations being cancelled and foodbanks being closed today.

FFS ... People that chose to queue outdoors for hours were graciously granted blankets. Tits that through choice, were inappropriately dressed for a night on the street.

Those same blankets have now been donated to the homeless who have no choice. Why could they not have been given blankets before now? 

Still... Watching a ceremony through a window would pass time till the foodbanks reopen!

The whole system needs an overhaul... Top to bottom. 

Funding the royal hangers on has to stop.

House of Lords needs abolished.

Commons needs overhauled. UK has to be less Londoncentric. 

UK should be more devolved and locally influenced.

We need no queen, king or president.

Elected local representatives accountable to the public and an elected top tier...

It will not happen unless the public demands it... and I fear that too many are used to being grateful for crumbs from the table 🤐😥

🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

This is a sign of things to come, this beast andrew is going to get the piss ripped right out

of him now the Queen has passed and is buried.  Most people never want to see his cunt of

a face in public ever again.

You're obsessed, something not right with you.  🤪🤪🤪