The Queen

shull

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Not at all——you just don’t like what I am saying. That’s ok.

No. I just know what your saying is a crock of shit which you now are trying to squirm and justify. Now. Please go back and see what was being discussed when you decided to intercede. In case you can't find a way to retrace. It was religion.

Belief is what I commented on. Religion is, as I said, a codified series of beliefs adopted by a number of people. I don’t care whether anyone has one religion or another, nor do I care what they believe. I do care how they behave and treat each other. Make of that what you will. I’m off to say my thanks for a Scotland win. 

Edited by Rascal

Nonsense. Words for the sake of words

Ok, explain where and why I am wrong. You won't, because you can't. You'll no doubt come back with just another one of your evasive nonsense posts.
Nonsense. Belief is a choice. Otherwise facts would suffice.
As I said, prove me wrong by CHOOSING to believe I'm right. If belief was a choice you could choose to believe Faraway is the best poster ever on here.

No, not facts, evidence. Everyone has their own threshold for the amount of evidence that requires them to be convinced for each individual "thing". What may be sufficient for one person may not be for another. For the same person, the amount of evidence that may be sufficient for one "thing" may not be for another. This evidence could be good solid evidence or bad, shitty evidence, it all depends on the person and how they understand it. Once you are convinced, you believe, you do not CHOOSE.

Irrespective of that, no matter how many believe something, or how earnestly they believe it, it has no determination on the truth of a matter, and truth is what's important, not belief.

Tell me something that you believe that you have no evidence for.

5 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Ok, explain where and why I am wrong. You won't, because you can't. You'll no doubt come back with just another one of your evasive nonsense posts.
As I said, prove me wrong by CHOOSING to believe I'm right. If belief was a choice you could choose to believe Faraway is the best poster ever on here.

No, not facts, evidence. Everyone has their own threshold for the amount of evidence that requires them to be convinced for each individual "thing". What may be sufficient for one person may not be for another. For the same person, the amount of evidence that may be sufficient for one "thing" may not be for another. This evidence could be good solid evidence or bad, shitty evidence, it all depends on the person and how they understand it. Once you are convinced, you believe, you do not CHOOSE.

Irrespective of that, no matter how many believe something, or how earnestly they believe it, it has no determination on the truth of a matter, and truth is what's important, not belief.

Tell me something that you believe that you have no evidence for.

Love.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Can we not just agree that organised religion is a pile of shit ? 🤷‍♂️

let’s all play nice 😎

My position on that is clear. I care not one whit what religion people might have chosen or been brought up in. I do respect their right to believe without belittling them in the process.

No—-belief is the point In discussion. Religion is a set of codified beliefs held  by a number of people. There is a difference
No, when you injected your tuppenceworth, the subject was disrespecting religious beliefs/the religious.

I mean, it should have been about the Late Lizzie, but that's how threads tend to go on here.

Anyway, I'm happy to take the piss out of you on belief/religion/respect/opinions/whatever - you're in my playpen now.

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:

No, when you injected your tuppenceworth, the subject was disrespecting religious beliefs/the religious.

I mean, it should have been about the Late Lizzie, but that's how threads tend to go on here.

Anyway, I'm happy to take the piss out of you on belief/religion/respect/opinions/whatever - you're in my playpen now.

Not really. You are in the childrens group. Come back when you can string an argument together 

1 minute ago, Slarti said:
9 minutes ago, Rascal said:
Love.

You have no evidence for love? What a miserable marriage you must have had for all these years. I pity your wife.

Dear me. Not very bright are you. Think it through. Try thinking before you put words on here. Love as in giving not taking needs no reward. Think about it.

My position on that is clear. I care not one whit what religion people might have chosen or been brought up in. I do respect their right to believe without belittling them in the process.

Again, criticising the belief is not the same as criticising the believer.

17 minutes ago, Rascal said:

And I too defend their right to believe in fairytales .

You'll no doubt come back with just another one of your evasive nonsense posts.

Not really. You are in the childrens group. Come back when you can string an argument together 

Dear me. Not very bright are you. Think it through. Try thinking before you put words on here. Love as in giving not taking needs no reward. Think about it.

Sorry, I was wrong, it was two evasive nonsense posts.

I've told you before, your attempts at appearing intelligent always fail miserably.

YOUR lack of understanding does not make MY argument unsound.

You have no evidence for the love that you give??? Eh??? That makes no sense whatsoever. It may not be evidence that you can present to others, but it's still evidence to you as you, and only you, know how you truly feel.

Who mentioned reward?

I've just remembered why I try not to get into any meaningful discussion with you. At least I tell you WHY you are an idiot, you just try some wishy washy, "I know something you don't", childish, pseudo intelligent mind games to try to hide the fact that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

What have you chosen to believe lately without being convinced of it?

What a laugh. 
The usual suspects debating/trying to prove a point that is impossible to prove and posturing to look as if it matters one jot.
A football forum where some people have next to no interest in football.
You know who you are. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]
What unprovable point is being debated?

ETA: Bet I've been to see more live football than you today.

Just now, Slarti said:
4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
What a laugh. 
The usual suspects debating/trying to prove a point that is impossible to prove and posturing to look as if it matters one jot.
A football forum where some people have next to no interest in football.
You know who you are. emoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.png

What unprovable point is being debated?

🥱🥱🥱

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:
10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
🥱🥱🥱

Ah, so, like Ricky, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Look in the mirror you bore.

Just because you "debate" a post to death doesn't make you very bright, just tedious. 🙄

Surely Paisley has a "Get a Life" shop open that you could visit if you ever went out? 🤣🤣🤣

Look in the mirror you bore.
Just because you "debate" a post to death doesn't make you very bright, just tedious. [emoji849]
Surely Paisley has a "Get a Life" shop open that you could visit if you ever went out? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Could you answer the question now? What unprovable point is being debated? Or can you not admit that you jumped in without knowing?

I was out, I was at Hampden.