The Dome

waldorf34

I’d suggest you email general manager Lynsey McLean and Charitable foundation  contact Michael Campbell .

I wouldn’t hold out much hope of seeing the Dome back in service anytime soon or even at all unfortunately ☹️
The damage to it as a result of the recent vandalism is pretty severe.

Given it’s age and the cost of repairs , I would have my doubts it will be re-opened 

[email protected]

[email protected]

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’d suggest you email general manager Lynsey McLean and Charitable foundation  contact Michael Campbell .

I wouldn’t hold out much hope of seeing the Dome back in service anytime soon or even at all unfortunately ☹️
The damage to it as a result of the recent vandalism is pretty severe.

Given it’s age and the cost of repairs , I would have my doubts it will be re-opened 

That would be a great pity and really disappointing.

Could this be a SMISA funding idea or it this outwith the remit? 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

That would be a great pity and really disappointing.

Could this be a SMISA funding idea or it this outwith the remit? 

Well , there is a case for it as I see it, benefits the club and  the community.  
However , Im Sure it’s a pretty expensive structure to buy, if i recall correctly the funding came from various sources,  club, sports council etc .
Maybe someone out there can shed some light on exactly how it was funded at the time .

My grandson was to play there on the 3rd Sep, but daughter got a text saying it had been vandalised and they ended up going to the Kibble.

Daughter was told it will be down for the foreseeable future so don't expect it back anytime soon. 

Pending on the cost, is it worth fixing for idiots just to damage it again ?

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

My grandson was to play there on the 3rd Sep, but daughter got a text saying it had been vandalised and they ended up going to the Kibble.

Daughter was told it will be down for the foreseeable future so don't expect it back anytime soon. 

Pending on the cost, is it worth fixing for idiots just to damage it again ?

You could say that about anything I suppose ,  does that mean we do without a community asset because of morons ? 
I think the Dome is great and has served us well , I’d like to see it replaced  but id rather we replace it with a more permanent structure but again it all comes down to cost .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Only worth replacing if there can be a security fence or similar to keep the idiots out.  I would think the insurance would pay at least a part of the cost of replacement but the club may choose to trouser that money in the current climate.  I doubt it coud be re-insured at a reasonable price without fixed security measures.

I think the club were well aware that the dome was at the end of its sell by date. The pitch has been damaged by the amount of times it’s collapsed by bad weather, I’ve no idea what it will cost to replace it with a permanent structure that won’t blow over in a Scottish winter. I hope that they will be seriously considering how to replace it with a facility that can stand up to the weather and morons who are only interested in destroying facilities that cater for many.     

13 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Only worth replacing if there can be a security fence or similar to keep the idiots out.  I would think the insurance would pay at least a part of the cost of replacement but the club may choose to trouser that money in the current climate.  I doubt it coud be re-insured at a reasonable price without fixed security measures.

Just said that, if we had a surrounding wall like Old Love St this wouldn't happen, especially if, like old style walls, broken glass was inserted into the cement at the top before setting plus some barbed wire added too! 😇

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Just said that, if we had a surrounding wall like Old Love St this wouldn't happen, especially if, like old style walls, broken glass was inserted into the cement at the top before setting plus some barbed wire added too! 😇

A policeman once advised me to cover the top of my garden wall with dog shite to deter unwanted visitors, it worked even though i didnt have a dog at the time.  Just picked upo the shite that my neighbours dogs left on the back green

12 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

A policeman once advised me to cover the top of my garden wall with dog shite to deter unwanted visitors, it worked even though i didnt have a dog at the time.  Just picked upo the shite that my neighbours dogs left on the back green

Lovely aroma sitting in your garden on a sunny day. 😄😄😄

17 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You could say that about anything I suppose ,  does that mean we do without a community asset because of morons ? 
I think the Dome is great and has served us well , I’d like to see it replaced  but id rather we replace it with a more permanent structure but again it all comes down to cost .

True but maybe depend if it is something that had happens before.

If this is the 1st time it been vandalised then maybe worth repairing pending on the cost. 

Guessing that will be the end of the Panda club for a while at least. 

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Lovely aroma sitting in your garden on a sunny day. 😄😄😄

You couldnt sit there, streets full of neds and every other family in the close had a dug they just let out to shite wherever.  It was our first place and we were delighted to go into a very new builing in such a good location (Dykebar).  One day I was leaving the house and opened the door to find the Sheltie from downstairs pissing against it. I chased it and the owner asked me where her dug was when i passed, i told her that for once she would have to put some shoes on and deal with her pet.   

The next day the dug got a kick up the arse that it wouldnt forget when it tried peeing there again.  We moved out 6 months later when i had to chase  a bunch of 20-something twats who were pissing in the close at night, next thing there were 6 of them on the landing and i had to physically throw two of them down the first flight before the rest fled.  In our next flat i had to have the woman downstairs arrested for hitting my wife and in our last place we got broken into and the place ransacked.  No wonder we left Paisley with no regrets, I have no fond memories of the town and only go back for the football now.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

You couldnt sit there, streets full of neds and every other family in the close had a dug they just let out to shite wherever.  It was our first place and we were delighted to go into a very new builing in such a good location (Dykebar).  One day I was leaving the house and opened the door to find the Sheltie from downstairs pissing against it. I chased it and the owner asked me where her dug was when i passed, i told her that for once she would have to put some shoes on and deal with her pet.   

The next day the dug got a kick up the arse that it wouldnt forget when it tried peeing there again.  We moved out 6 months later when i had to chase  a bunch of 20-something twats who were pissing in the close at night, next thing there were 6 of them on the landing and i had to physically throw two of them down the first flight before the rest fled.  In our next flat i had to have the woman downstairs arrested for hitting my wife and in our last place we got broken into and the place ransacked.  No wonder we left Paisley with no regrets, I have no fond memories of the town and only go back for the football now.

Hmm.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Where in Dykebar if you don’t mind me asking?

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Where in Dykebar if you don’t mind me asking?

3 Glenapp road, well known nut job brothers lived up the stairs on the other side of the landing,  a less well known but still significant female nutter across from us.  Directly above was a raging alcoholic who used to chase his wife around the flat while they both screamed and their poor wee boy hid and a shitbag taxi driver who lived below.  It was a hellish place to house a young couple. 

From the outside the building looked lovely and was only around 10-ish years old.  No 1  and the Lochfield flats had model tenants by comparison and we thought we had won a watch,  Found out from  relatives who lived nearby and some of my colleagues in Geigy who were near neighbours  that there was a group of people looking out for us as the street was notorious at the time,  A guy who lived in No 5 or 7,  a family man who was in the TA got constantly harassed because he tried to hunt the neds who hung about the close.  I heard he got a severe beating from them a few months after we left.

One afternoon i walked up fro the town with my 10 month-old son in his buggy aand couldn't help notice that there were several police cars around Lochfield road and parked tight in to the garages next to the busstop.  Got inside and saw several more cars up the hill behind.  Next thing there was a commotion on the stairs and armed police were leading one of the loonies from upstairs away.  He had stabbed someone in the street for no reason, BillyG;s father in law was a witness i found out later and he randomly attacked a guy in the street.

Plenty of people who know me post here from time to time and can confirm how bad a time we had there, which was still better than some had and at least we were able to move on