The Dome

waldorf34

On 9/23/2022 at 10:36 PM, waldorf34 said:

Giffnock soccer just got themselves £250k in funding for 2 new 3g pitches ,maybe they could show our club how to go about getting external funding  ,cos our lot have no idea !

Im sure the dome was part funded by SportScotland. I could be wrong though.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:06 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Mibbee you could offer your expertise in this department.
As I recall you were an expert In What we own & what we can build on the area covered by the dome and how many millions can be pumped into this from our mega rich benefactors. 

I look forward to your detailed submission. 😂😂😂

Is that from the countless amount of money we don't have in the bank or screw more out of the supporters.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:36 PM, waldorf34 said:

Giffnock soccer just got themselves £250k in funding for 2 new 3g pitches ,maybe they could show our club how to go about getting external funding  ,cos our lot have no idea !

Not really a good comparison, I'd be upset if the sports development bodies put money into professional clubs and neglected the grass-roots game

38 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Surely best to invest in a good quality outdoor facility rather than needing a roof on it. First strong winds and a shelter like that is gone

Agreed but it just annoying  as we get no feedback from the club ,if they have a plan let us know ,we are all here to help ,we are the major shareholders  because we the fans raised the money! 

11 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Agreed but it just annoying  as we get no feedback from the club ,if they have a plan let us know ,we are all here to help ,we are the major shareholders  because we the fans raised the money! 

True, unfortunately it was always going to end like this with the committee that SMISA has and the crazy decision to let KIbble in the door.  There is no rolling this back in the short to medium term, maybe some day the investors will get control of the club aagain but I fear that will only happen after a crash and the supporters have to stump up yet again.

51 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

True, unfortunately it was always going to end like this with the committee that SMISA has and the crazy decision to let KIbble in the door.  There is no rolling this back in the short to medium term, maybe some day the investors will get control of the club aagain but I fear that will only happen after a crash and the supporters have to stump up yet again.

When the crash happens, it will be the Kibble that will step in. Beware.

Our board is too weak. 

Edited by pod

8 hours ago, shull said:

Scrap the Dome

AstroTurf for the main pitch inside the Stadium.

Also, have top class open air AstroTurf pitches behind the North Stand for hire to all in Renfrewshire and beyond.

Suitable security fencing and CCTV will eliminate the vandalism problem.

The more quality pitches, the better.

19 hours ago, buddiecat said:

I would suggest that a brick/block construction with a metal clad roof (sports barn) is the best solution. Any type of fabric roof could be vandalised in the same way as the dome has been (on several occasions). Any open to air playing surface could be vandalised just as easily as the dome was.

Smisa has over £200k in the bank ,let's see what the members want to do with it when they meet on 27th October  ,the least they could do was finance an initial design that we can all by into

14 hours ago, pod said:

Buying more shares perhaps. 🤨

That would only be an investment for Kibble, not an investment in the club.  Buying shares doesn't provide capital, in fact it could be adding to the club debt.  I wonder what the opportunities for Kibble are if they gain many more shares prior to a financial crash of the club.  As a major shareholder, the only one with capital or access to borrowing markets, would they have first dibs on taking over the whole shooting-match?

It is something that I feared would happen, allowing Kibble to cash in following a buy-the-buds 2 campaign to get them out.  Remember, they didn't just crash a go-kart, they crashed the entire venture built around the go kart track in Hillington

14 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Smisa has over £200k in the bank ,let's see what the members want to do with it when they meet on 27th October  ,the least they could do was finance an initial design that we can all by into

You can bet your boots that any new installations will have a "Kibble first" policy on use.  I would be very wary of pouring more cash into the club at this point.  In fact, the only investment worth making would be for SMISA to buy Kibble out

11 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

That would only be an investment for Kibble, not an investment in the club.  Buying shares doesn't provide capital, in fact it could be adding to the club debt.  I wonder what the opportunities for Kibble are if they gain many more shares prior to a financial crash of the club.  As a major shareholder, the only one with capital or access to borrowing markets, would they have first dibs on taking over the whole shooting-match?

It is something that I feared would happen, allowing Kibble to cash in following a buy-the-buds 2 campaign to get them out.  Remember, they didn't just crash a go-kart, they crashed the entire venture built around the go kart track in Hillington

They struggle to spend their income ,losing £1m on the go cart thing is no big deal when you underspend your income by £3m

49 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think you’ll find that a wee thing called Covid probably done for the kart track as it done for many other social and entertainment venues . 

Im sure the former “Experience” at Hillington is now used as a training hub for work skills .     

40 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

They struggle to spend their income ,losing £1m on the go cart thing is no big deal when you underspend your income by £3m

I have absolutely no idea if the Kibble lost money on that venture -If they did  I certainly haven’t got a clue how much .   Not sure where you get your inside information from but would be nice if you shared the source .

9 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have absolutely no idea if the Kibble lost money on that venture -If they did  I certainly haven’t got a clue how much .   Not sure where you get your inside information from but would be nice if you shared the source .

You can look at their accounts at Companies House