The Dome

waldorf34

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

You can look at their accounts at Companies House

I’ve had a look at the latest accounts dated Nov 2021 for accounts up to March 22 , can’t see where it’s mentioned but to be fair at 53 pages long I haven’t studied it in depth.  Any chance you could post a link or tell me which page to go to ? 

The announcement for the Experience was made in Aug 20 so assume it will be in those accounts .

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

That would only be an investment for Kibble, not an investment in the club.  Buying shares doesn't provide capital, in fact it could be adding to the club debt.  I wonder what the opportunities for Kibble are if they gain many more shares prior to a financial crash of the club.  As a major shareholder, the only one with capital or access to borrowing markets, would they have first dibs on taking over the whole shooting-match?

It is something that I feared would happen, allowing Kibble to cash in following a buy-the-buds 2 campaign to get them out.  Remember, they didn't just crash a go-kart, they crashed the entire venture built around the go kart track in Hillington

SMiSA shares cannot be bought by anyone, as far as I know they can only be transferred to another similar community interest/ charitable organisation and I’d read that Kibble no longer have charity status. SMiSA would have to no longer be in existence for another organisation to inherit their shares. Kibble would need permission to buy out any of the minor shareholders.

I may not be completely accurate in the above paragraph, it’s what I recall from my time on the SMiSA committee.

12 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

SMiSA shares cannot be bought by anyone, as far as I know they can only be transferred to another similar community interest/ charitable organisation and I’d read that Kibble no longer have charity status. SMiSA would have to no longer be in existence for another organisation to inherit their shares. Kibble would need permission to buy out any of the minor shareholders.

I may not be completely accurate in the above paragraph, it’s what I recall from my time on the SMiSA committee.

What are the strengths of the present SMiSA board. Because there seems to be more and more Kibble presents.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

Been hearing that the dome is finished, in its current form at least and would need to be replaced with a metal frame support structure. Cost wise this could be prohibitive, a shame as it served a very good purpose.

If only the club could come clean ,explain the situation  ,and maybe tell us the cost of a permanent  solution  ,what Grant's they could tap into so we can see the shortfall and come up with a way of funding it.

But it's all bloody silence  as usual

• 2 months later...

Still silence  on any replacement. 

I understand  that times are tough and it is not a priority  but it's just an eyesore  as it is .

At least get a quote for a replacement,  then we would know the magnitude  of the money needed .

There are at least 3500 St Mirren  supporters  not putting  money  into Smisa  every month  who might be prepared  to cough up a one off contribution for the dome. 

Smisa could put in some cash  as well ,  but until someone  gets their finger out and gets a quote it will just sit there wasteing  away.

55 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I understand  that times are tough and it is not a priority  but it's just an eyesore  as it is .

At least get a quote for a replacement,  then we would know the magnitude  of the money needed .

There are at least 3500 St Mirren  supporters  not putting  money  into Smisa  every month  who might be prepared  to cough up a one off contribution for the dome. 

Smisa could put in some cash  as well ,  but until someone  gets their finger out and gets a quote it will just sit there wasteing  away.

Another dome may well face the incur the same vandalism the original did. I suggest something else needs to replace it.

57 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Why would fans who will never use the  dome pay for a replacement?

10 minutes ago, HSS said:

Why would fans who will never use the  dome pay for a replacement?

Indeed. The highlighted parts below seem to be contradictory. :wacko:

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

FFS, it's been explained. Waiting on payout from insurance company, waiting on grant applications being dealt with. Until they are all in place, you'll just have to finish off the Xmas sherry like the rest of us.

Unless you're volunteering to remove the old dome as it's hurting your eyes.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Imagine in a parallel universe where a club would use their social media outlets to do wee updates and inform and communicate with their supporters…..

Not quite sure what you really expect in this case?

A day by day report saying "We're still waiting on quotes"? 

It's a regular issue made by supporters but the reality is there's no real need for communication on certain matters that are no quick fix. 

43 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Personally would not give SMISA a penny due to the way its run and the secrecy. Supposed to be fan run but they tell you nothing.

What have your thoughts on SMiSA got to do with it?

31 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Because if they are involved in any sort of new structure I would not be involved!

Why ?
 If it was a joint venture between the Club & say any one or more of SMISA ,council , kibble & sports council grants you wouldn’t have any part of it because you have a gripe with one of the potential finance sources ? 🤷‍♂️

I take it you are a St.Mirren fan ?
if so, You are aware SMISA / Fans are significant contributors to the club on many fronts  ? 

• 8 months later...

The debris of the dome due to be removed very soon The Club are looking to replace the dome with a solid structure building which will be able to be used on match days I’m guessing they could be looking at using it as a pub on match days The new build will be in a different area to where the dome was sited

🍻

The debris of the dome due to be removed very soon The Club are looking to replace the dome with a solid structure building which will be able to be used on match days I’m guessing they could be looking at using it as a pub on match days The new build will be in a different area to where the dome was sited
[emoji482]
And/or an area for the pre match kids stuff.

16 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
29 minutes ago, HSS said:
emoji482.png

And/or an area for the pre match kids stuff.

Yep,would be perfect for those wet/windy days